ChiDragon

道教重要思想与教义(Taoist Important Thoughts and Canon)

And we are not disagreeing or anything like that. We are having a discussion. Will we always agree? I doubt it.

:-) i see you brother.

• Like 1

Let's stay on track, keeping the facts straight is part of the cultivation of Xing Kung.

"Keeping the facts straight" may not be possible among people who probably don't share the same vision. There is also the fundamental problem of our common belief in the existence of an objective world in which we, together, live.

To avoid the Cardinal Vice of 生氣 (anger) in Xing Kung cultivation, "staying on track" would require the same diligence of combatants finding their way safely through a minefield.

The two incendiary explosive devices (IED's) are (1) the vision of Quanchen Taoism, and (2) the belief that an objective world (containing all of us) exists.

Let's deal with (1) first. How does one view Quanchen Taoism? One’s vision, in itself, could be offensive if any form of Taoism is seen as 邪教 (demonic cult). This was how the Confucian literati of imperial China perceived Christianity, Taoism and Buddhism for these were the religious superstitions of the underclass. Mutual contempt exists. It is this disdain (we have for each other) that blocks conversation. And condescension for others is not a matter of choice. It is the way we are.

Do you agree?

• Like 1

If by "the way we are" you mean immaturity happens to everyone, then yes, I agree.

But people can also become mature.

If by "the way we are" you mean immaturity happens to everyone, then yes, I agree.

But people can also become mature.

Becoming "mature" is an ideal state of human perfectibility.

If by "the way we are" you mean our present state of "immaturity" prior to perfection through Xing Kung cultivation, then becoming "mature" would be synonymous to becoming the True Person(真人) of Quanchen Tao.

Am I correct?

• Like 1