Karateka

Okinawan Kiko Exercises

Karate starts with respect, ends with respect.

In dojo ... what if someone who is not in a dojo but comes into my garden and says my master can put you on your arse without touching you? Then when I go okay show me , he doesn't bow first, so I didn't. He challenge me rudely so he should bow first to show it is art ... He is disrespectful to me AND he showed disrespect to his own 'KI Society; by representing them badly. BUT STILL I am not a brute ... I executed perfect deadly technique on target 100% but never hurt the guy .

But you are right maybe it is only his fault so I apologise about the remarks I made . In any case I still taught him a lesson and I am not a brawling brute )even though Seito has techniques for eyes throat and testicles ... we have a drop throw that throws by throwing the other not with arm or KI ... we grab the testicles, twist drop and throw by them ... that is Okinawan Seito. And respect is important ... one senior didn't ask teacher ( the one in the video, when he was younger) for training properly ... he 'shaped up' to him, teacher immediately flies through the air, one roundhouse kick fake one way, then the other way real, breaks seniors knee. Teacher says ; no sparring, only training and real fighting. I have broken bones from training from my instructor ... but healed they are tough! ... I did Aikido for years ... people worry about a bruise ! I am sorry but this is my experience.

I have great respect for Okinawa styles, especially Gojo Ryu. The style you mentioned and the Sensei never approves you to talk disrespectively about other styles.

No you are right , that is why I apologised but my instructor wasn't impressed with Aikido or others in tournament . Whistle blows he immediately knocks out opponent and he is disqualified ... they say 'No punch to head" . Our next guy, so now he cant punch to head either so he just stands there. Opponent tries wild crazy roundhouse to head. our guy crouches and lifts up elbow and opponents leg hits his elbow, our guy grabs leg, hits nuts and takedown ... he disqualified ... no elbow to inner thigh - too dangerous; no below the bely and no takedown not allowed - disqualified ... I know ... this is karate rules but they are not real or art ... just sport. And guess what ,,, referee was instructor of opponents style ... we left in disgust . That was my experience.

Apparently, you met people who can not represent Aikido. Any black belt from Yoshinkan, Tomiki, Shin Shin Toitsu or Yuishinkai can teach you a lesson.

When I was training with others they all taught me a lesson, that is why I trained with them, to learn lessons , you should try it. Variety.

You did not mention your friends level. Any way this is not the problem. The problem is your attitude. The real purpose of Budo has been mentioned by O Sensei. I have posted it. Search for Morihei Ueshiba and 1925. You will find my post. Budo is not to beat your opponent. It is to beat yourself, your Nafs.

I disagree 'O'sensai' in Aikido changed the purpose after WWII ... Seito only has ONE purpose ... to protect your parents and home. If any one else is reading this; what if crack freaks break into your home with weapons and that is where your parents are ... or your wife or children, are you going to worry about beating yourself or your 'nafs' ??? This isn't sport or show karate ,,, it looks 'unimpressive' ... not good for movies :) but REAL fighting style.

What do you mean about my friends level ? The cheeky one in the garden ... not high enough level to put me on my arse with Ki :) Aikido instructor who was good ... I don't know a high dan. Seito teacher 6th Dan ... Mr Nishihira ... I don't know he trained in pants with legs turned up and white singlet , he didn't even have a dojo I never asked ... the fact that he was the nephew of Hohan Sokken (look him up ) and inherited his weapons was enough for me. :ph34r:

Edited by Nungali

Higaonna is a Master.

I extract this from the last link in my above post. As I said I know little of Chinese arts only after they influenced in Okinawa.

But there is much influence in the development of Matsamura's art.

"Matsumura is credited with passing on the Shōrin-ryū Kempō-karate kata known as naihanchi I & II, passai, seisan, chintō, gojūshiho, kusanku (the embodiment of kusanku's teaching as passed on to Tode Sakugawa) and hakutsuru. The hakutsuru kata contains the elements of the Fujian White Crane system taught within the Shaolin system which was created by Fang Qiniang after destroying the gang who murdered her father Fang Zhonggong (Fang Shiyu). Lin Shixian was a Master of Black Crane and Eighteen Fist Monk Boxing. One of his Masters was Fang Zhonggong. He helped train Fang Quinang to defeat the gang who killed her father.. Kwan Pang Yuiba (1828-1912).(Became Master of Shaolin White Crane in the temple and supplanted Black Crane in 1837 as the official Temple Crane style, he was first student of Fāng Qīniáng...

In dojo ... what if someone who is not in a dojo but comes into my garden and says my master can put you on your arse without touching you? Then when I go okay show me , he doesn't bow first, so I didn't. He challenge me rudely so he should bow first to show it is art ... He is disrespectful to me AND he showed disrespect to his own 'KI Society; by representing them badly. BUT STILL I am not a brute ... I executed perfect deadly technique on target 100% but never hurt the guy .

But you are right maybe it is only his fault so I apologise about the remarks I made . In any case I still taught him a lesson and I am not a brawling brute )even though Seito has techniques for eyes throat and testicles ... we have a drop throw that throws by throwing the other not with arm or KI ... we grab the testicles, twist drop and throw by them ... that is Okinawan Seito. And respect is important ... one senior didn't ask teacher ( the one in the video, when he was younger) for training properly ... he 'shaped up' to him, teacher immediately flies through the air, one roundhouse kick fake one way, then the other way real, breaks seniors knee. Teacher says ; no sparring, only training and real fighting. I have broken bones from training from my instructor ... but healed they are tough! ... I did Aikido for years ... people worry about a bruise ! I am sorry but this is my experience.

No you are right , that is why I apologised but my instructor wasn't impressed with Aikido or others in tournament . Whistle blows he immediately knocks out opponent and he is disqualified ... they say 'No punch to head" . Our next guy, so now he cant punch to head either so he just stands there. Opponent tries wild crazy roundhouse to head. our guy crouches and lifts up elbow and opponents leg hits his elbow, our guy grabs leg, hits nuts and takedown ... he disqualified ... no elbow to inner thigh - too dangerous; no below the bely and no takedown not allowed - disqualified ... I know ... this is karate rules but they are not real or art ... just sport. And guess what ,,, referee was instructor of opponents style ... we left in disgust . That was my experience.

When I was training with others they all taught me a lesson, that is why I trained with them, to learn lessons , you should try it. Variety.

I disagree 'O'sensai' in Aikido changed the purpose after WWII ... Seito only has ONE purpose ... to protect your parents and home. If any one else is reading this; what if crack freaks break into your home with weapons and that is where your parents are ... or your wife or children, are you going to worry about beating yourself or your 'nafs' ??? This isn't sport or show karate ,,, it looks 'unimpressive' ... not good for movies :) but REAL fighting style.

What do you mean about my friends level ? The cheeky one in the garden ... not high enough level to put me on my arse with Ki :) Aikido instructor who was good ... I don't know a high dan. Seito teacher 6th Dan ... Mr Nishihira ... I don't know he trained in pants with legs turned up and white singlet , he didn't even have a dojo I never asked ... the fact that he was the nephew of Hohan Sokken (look him up ) and inherited his weapons was enough for me. :ph34r:

Ignored

Good Morning Isimsiz (I think your ignore button may be broken ?).

Hi xor,

Interesting link xor. Mr Nishihira maybe taught a similar system to certain select people, I do not know, I have experienced what he taught to Seniors who showed me. Again I do not know the names and terms in Chinese or Okinawan ... I was just shown on the physical level.

During early training in Seito I was naïve , I came from a background in Shotokan, Sikiran, 3 types of Aikido. I asked how Seito deals with boxing as in my experience the others didn't deal with it well at all. I was invited to try it. Very soon , after some preliminary bullshit on my part I thought I saw an opening and tried to enter with a quick left right combo, like lightening my partner twists his hips left right with what seemed a wildly flailing arm, he hit ( I was shown this later) some nerve centre in the base of my left wrist with a forearm cross swing using his second extended knuckle of the second finger and whipped (rotate hips) the arm back across to strike back fist with knuckles into a spot inside my elbow. My punches never landed.

Immediately I had two, not only painful,l but paralysed arms, standing there defenceless (well, legs but my Ki had been broken and my mind certainly 'distracted'), he moved in pushing my shoulder back with a soft knife hand blow and raised the other fist over my face (he showed me the next move he didn't do --- later ,,, horrible I am glad he didn't do that ! ) instead he used that same second knuckle, placed it on the top of my chest (fairly softly) and ran it down and twisted and dug in a bit, My legs folded and down I went , (all happened in a blur and a very quick time - faster than any 'boxing' I could do ! I realised how slow I was after that. No one ever told me I was THAT slow before but thank you teacher for showing me :) ).

Then they got me up and rubbed some parts on me and I was okay ... except for some numbness in arms which went away in about 15 mins. I was never taught the system ... just the techniques.

Is this the sort of thing the system in that link refers to ?