Sign in to follow this  
theSwordWitchcraft

Gday

Hello and welcome to the Tao Bums and a very Gday to you.

Please take a look at the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and have a read of the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ before moving on. This covers all you really need to know as things are pretty easy going here.

Glad that you have decided to join us,

Chang

Thanks

I didn`t really introduce myself in the first post.

I have been learning Liang Style Bagua for the last 14-15 months , I am enjoying greatly and it has opened up a great new world to me.

It has helped greatly with my health and welbeing and the internal aspects I try to cultivate as much as possible.

I am a kung-fu movie tragic as well :)

I also enjoy reading the Tao Te Ching, it gives me insight , comfort and calmness everytime I read it .

Thanks for the welcome

Glad to have you here. We have quite a few Bagua people around. Personally I can't say I've ever walked past a store front dojo that said it taught Bagua. Is it mostly a 'practice in China town' kind of thing? Or luck of the draw in finding training?

Is it mostly a 'practice in China town' kind of thing? Or luck of the draw in finding training?

I came across by accident , I asked my TCM Practioner if he knew of a good QiGong class and was directed to my teacher.

The question is - was it coincidence or meant to be?

I have heard -` when the student is ready the teacher appears`.

It has taken a while - starting at 42yo - but i had been looking for a martial arts teacher for 2 years prior to that, but nothing felt `right` .

An off shoot of watching too many kung fu movies :)

Sign in to follow this