marcus2013

Help with stagnant qi liver / depression

I know absolutely nothing about TCM, but I will give you very reasonable advice for free.

You don't sound like you have major depressive disorder, and I do not think that anti-depressants are for you. Your problems seem purely psychological to me. Perhaps you might benefit from psychotherapy. I would also consider lifestyle changes, especially getting more physical exercise, eating a healthier diet, and getting regular sleep. Take a daily multivitamin that contains B vitamins (raises energy levels), but stay away from unusual or exotic supplements. Do not smoke, drink, or do drugs.

You do realize that you have it much better than most people, right? If you work only 6 hours a day and still manage to make a good living, than there is no reason for you to be unhappy. Think about the people working 12 hours a day, working on minimum wage, or even not working at all. If you can't learn to love your job, at least love all the free time that you have. Find some hobbies to occupy yourself, like exercise and sports.

Edited by mike 134
  • Like 1

Hi somatech, thank you very much for your time and your advice.

I reluctantly realised that my emotional and physical life was the issue - I was emotionally stressed from a particular cause and had been living in a sense of stuckness for a very long time. I guess that was the initiating reason why the liver went out of balance.

Might I ask what was that issue ? I know it's very personal. Please don't answer if you don't feel like it. Or send me a private message. But I guess it will help me a lot.

The most powerful energy work that I have done has been rebirthing or cathartic breath work - its really cleared a lot of emotional stuckness in the body that nothing else would. Its painful to do too - ie. uncomfortable.

However even that alone wasn't enough. I really had to review my life, what I was doing, most particularly what I was ignoring and see all the pain/emotional stuff I was afraid of processing and stepping into that. Ive needed to change my location and face the depth of fear that was around a certain thing and its finally helping.

How have you done that pain/emotional stuff processing? Did you go to a psychotherapist ? And if so, which kind ?

Could you please tell me a bit more about those pain/emotions and the fear? In a PM if you wish. Every bit of information will help me I hope.

I really tried to avoid all of this by doing the more obvious techniques of herbs/acupuncture/TCM/qigong/meditation but in my case, they couldn't get to the root of the problem.

I also suspect that my physical body will take some time to heal from the long term effects of being out of balance but that shouldn't be too much of issue as long as I continue to address the deeper core stuff.

What are you doing right now to address the deeper core stuff ? And what is it about ? Is it things from your childhood ? Trauma with your parents ? Past sentimental relationships ?

Sorry for asking so many questions. I feel lost. Well to be honest since I started the herbs, diet and acupuncture I'm feeling more balanced emotional and psychological. I am far from being ok but I can see a start. 3 weeks now.

Thanks. My best wishes.