Sign in to follow this  
Ron Goninan

White Crane gongfu: Your views Please!

Well here we go again with an all new White Crane Gongfu Web Site:

www.whitecranegongfu.info

Love to hear your thoughts and yes criticisms, ideas!!!

What are you ideas on the material (Content) presented?

Seriously I'd like your views on the presentation, content, good things, bad things, things that may be done differently.

It looks like a cult to me. Just going by the anglefire looking website, the talk that suggests they want "individuals" and the weird picture of the guy in the shiny silver suit with the sun and eagle behind him. Apparently they teach behind closed doors so i don't see any point spending too much time thinking about these people

OK similar to what Flolfolil says, it's a kind of flashy website designed in 1990's-2000s look and heavy media (sound on the background, video, flash) I usually close within 5-10 seconds after a short skim if that's something that's only of a casual interest to me or if there's many websites on same topic.

But if I was after some specific info, in this case if I'd be researching white crane kungfu or local kungfu teacher, because I'd be interested in learning, it's much less of an issue and content is the king.

Don't know whether I'm typical user in that respect, though.

Some details:

Once I enter the main page http://www.whitecranegongfu.info/welcome.html, first screen is full of fluff. One has to scroll one screen down to find actual content. That might get you loose some less serious visitors (but one or two more serious ones too - in this age people are just used to quickly skimming and acting on intuition first, before starting actual reading).

Similar the entrance page - just one more click one has to make.

Design is also not completely mobile friendly - problem might be worse with mobile phone users like iPhone, I only tested with iPad and content is still there though it's not particularly iPad friendly - full of messages about not being able to display the Adobe Flash content.

Some text is a bit too intense for me but then it might be in spirit of the art and tradition, that's personal thing and I can take it on personal site like this (ie. site that represents certain sifu or lineage).

Sign in to follow this