becomethepath

Motivational Proverbs on Solitude, Loneliness and Friends

Huxley was a student of the Fourth Way of Gurdjieff and Ouspenskey and I think his criticisms of the intellectual life are very valid, I have seen in my own life how people retreating into the intellectual can be a running away and avoidance, it is incredibly common and then those same people are treated like kings and rewarded by society for their retreat which reinforces it. There are so many ways we can avoid living a direct life, we can retreat into our minds, we can retreat into spiritual pursuits and meditation to try avoid life, and going into solitude away from others could be just another method of this aversion.

As a former "intellectual predator" I can attest to vampiring qi in order to literally feel better. Only when I discovered my own ability to create enough energetics to be happy and functional did the desire to intellectually intimidate and dominate others go away.

• Like 1

"congenitally incapable of living wholly and harmoniously"

Cant agree with the above. Habits which give rise to contractive states can be transformed for sure. The idea is to know (i mean really know) when and how to reroute an intention once a particular one come to the fore of consciousness so as to yield a transcended outcome to that same intention.

For example, one notices the arising of an emotion which will lead to anger. Instead of diverging into an analytical mode to try to find an understanding of this particular emotive spark, find creative ways to channel that energy elsewhere which could bring a beneficial outcome to oneself and others. Do this often enough, and it becomes a new habit. Then that particular disturbance becomes a sort of protector instead of an enemy. The great thing is one need not even do anything directly to try and exert some sort of forced influence to change one's self. All it takes is a genuine desire to bring some joy and happiness to others. With this as the motivation, every negative emotional spark can be effortlessly channelled to yield a wanted outcome.

Yes, redirect the energy potential to a constructive path. Attenuate that which is unwholesome, reinforce that which is. Even something like reciting the buddha's name is a good method I have used many a time - bring the focus of awareness in, half a prayer mudra, a long, low Aaaaaammmmmiiiiituofo and sink the qi to the dantien, then keep the intention there for some moments afterward - whatever energy that has arisen should dissipate if this is done sincerely.

Made my hands buzz :lol:

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 2