Sign in to follow this  
i am

Ipad puts all sentences into one paragraph when I post. Help?

This forum probably has the most young people of any I'm on...

When I reply to any post, no matter how many times I hit Enter, when I click submit, my post is all one paragraph. If I click edit, go to the end of all the text and hit enter a few times then re-submit, my paragraph spacing s come back the way I wanted them.

This only happens on my ipad, but it happens on every forum I'm on.

Is there a way to change settings or something, or do I just need to wait for all the technology to catch up with each other?

Until then, you'll see that basically every one of my replies to topics will be edited one minute after it was posted...

• Like 1

When I start a topic, on the other hand, my paragraph breaks show up just fine the first time...

• Like 1

Interesting...wonder if I used the mobile apps, it would fix that. This ipad is actually owned by work, so I can't just download a bunch of apps unfortunately.

Thanks.

This forum probably has the most young people of any I'm on...When I reply to any post, no matter how many times I hit Enter, when I click submit, my post is all one paragraph. If I click edit, go to the end of all the text and hit enter a few times then re-submit, my paragraph spacing s come back the way I wanted them.This only happens on my ipad, but it happens on every forum I'm on.Is there a way to change settings or something, or do I just need to wait for all the technology to catch up with each other?Until then, you'll see that basically every one of my replies to topics will be edited one minute after it was posted...
That always happens to me too. This phone also doesn't reveal enough space to see what you are doing without a microscope, has back button but no forward delete, doesn't cooperate with the finger swipes in this forum format and more. I edit almost all my posts too so they fit right horizontally.

At least its better than homing pigeons.

Yeah, it's not a big deal, just annoying, and makes it look like I never take the time to read what I'm writing before I post, and always have to go in to fix stuff, when really, I just like punctuation!

The ipad is for internet use, and stuff work blocks on my desktop, which is connected to the network.

When I travel for work, I used to bring a laptop. It's amazing, even though the ipad isn't that much smaller, how much easier it is to throw in a bag and haul around than a laptop. And all I really need a computer for when I'm traveling is to answer quick emails and look at some stuff online. No need for a keyboard or any of the laptop stuff.

I have just a laptop at home. I have never wised I had a desktop. But I'm no gamer.

• Like 1

I have one of those. Bulkier than an ipad by more than you'd think, and at least the ones they bought us...are crap. Worthless. And still bigger than an ipad. When all I really need is Internet and the ability to do some short email replies.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this