Sign in to follow this  
jayjay

Building inner force

Sounds like stamina.

Yes, stamina, patience and endurance are exactly how the state of serenity for the mind was trained for self discipline.

Papaji didn't criticize Krishnamurti's views.

In fact, Papaji listed Krishnamurti as one of the handful of enlightened people he had encountered.

What he said about Krishnamurti was that he was not a very good teacher - he couldn't transmit the view effectively.

IMO, he was probably referring to the fact that Krishnamurti's approach to spiritual material was a bit on the intellectual side, certainly very different than Ramana Maharashi and Nisargadatta Maharaj (two folks that Papaji admired). However, for the right person with the right perspective, Krishnamurti's approach can be very effective.

There are many different paths to truth (or none, if you resonate with Krishnamurti or the Dzogchen masters) and that is specifically because each of us is unique and each of us will respond to different perspectives.

That doesn't make one right or one wrong - they are ALL wrong.

They are all simply fingers pointing toward the moon.

"Thoughts are impediments to seeing your own face. Dont give rise to any thought , and discover who you are". Papaji

The person who said that shouldnt be giving any criticism of someone elses teaching skills IMO

Not only is it not explaining anything, its telling me not to have any thoughts either.

If someone wants to piss me off royally they should copy him.

Krishnamurti said that thoughts are inevitable , in the interview I saw, and that suppressing them

was a counterproductive waste of time . So this guy Poonja isnt in line with Km. who did impress me,

precisely because I didnt hear anything like poonja's quote .

Put on top of that the thing about westerners which he could just keep his mouth shut about, and we are just destined not to be on the same side.

There are many different paths to truth (or none, if you resonate with Krishnamurti or the Dzogchen masters) and that is specifically because each of us is unique and each of us will respond to different perspectives.

I obviously agree with that.

If they are all fingers pointing at the moon that doesnt exist , they ARE all wrong.

I really dont need his wrong opinion, I have my own.

:)

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

Yes, stamina, patience and endurance are exactly how the state of serenity for the mind was trained for self discipline.

Did you skip my follow up question as a boo-boo , didnt want to get into it , or felt it was self answering?

Ive got questions to ask you, and you are seeming evasive which suggests me not to.

For instance my inner force has been on the rise , and its not a good thing, I may just have to split for a while.

Edited by Stosh

Sign in to follow this