Songtsan

What to do when the Dark Night of the Soul hits

I used to take it - it generally isn't a lack of willingness - its all finance dependent...I used to take MSM, glucosamine + chondroitin, curcumin extract, lobellia, SamE, and more joint/anti-inflammatory stuff - I can pop pills and take powders all day...by the 1/2 pound almost - literally I would be taking like almost 1/2 pound of supplements...I am an extremist!

:o

:)

Was the MSM effective?

Great web site Songtsan, thanks. CT, I did take MSM but couldn't stand the taste, I should get back to it and just stop being a sissy! And there is nothing wrong with being an extremist and taking lots of supplements in my opinion, with oxidative stress the leading cause of disease, its worth the expense (if you have the money of course).

Another good website is http://www.iherb.com

Edited by astralc

:o

:)

Was the MSM effective?

Unfortunately, I take so many things sometimes its hard for me to identify what works and what doesn't. Technically you should add one thing at a time and see if it helps - that could take forever though as some things can take a month or more to start becoming noticeable. My way of doing things is what I call 'over kill' or 'shock and awe.' Just take everything that has some good research behind it and at least some of it will work and you will get a nice placebo effect for the rest, if nothing else. Its really not that expensive if you look at it. Most people I know spend more money going out to eat than I spend on supplements. I really do feel a lot better when I take them vs. not. I make sure to study any possible hypervitaminosises and avoid that. I try not to take ego supplements like creatine, etc. - things that are purely for ego gains. I am purely health focused, so the chances of me messing with my kidneys or liver are lessened.

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, I take so many things sometimes its hard for me to identify what works and what doesn't. Technically you should add one thing at a time and see if it helps - that could take forever though as some things can take a month or more to start becoming noticeable. My way of doing things is what I call 'over kill' or 'shock and awe.' Just take everything that has some good research behind it and at least some of it will work and you will get a nice placebo effect for the rest, if nothing else. Its really not that expensive if you look at it. Most people I know spend more money going out to eat than I spend on supplements. I really do feel a lot better when I take them vs. not. I make sure to study any possible hypervitaminosises and avoid that. I try not to take ego supplements like creatine, etc. - things that are purely for ego gains. I am purely health focused, so the chances of me messing with my kidneys or liver are lessened.

Yup, your new avatar kinda did that to me. haha...

There seems to be quite a bit of interest in MSM in Europe at the moment, and some very significant claims of it being able to assist tremendously in cell permeability seems to have spearheaded all the frenetic 'Whoas' and 'WoWs'. Im curious to know if a similar interest did flare up at some stage in the US and Australia, and whether its still 'hot' or has the excitement weaned off.

A couple of info links on MSM (cant say how 'scientific' they are, so do your own research please) for those who may want to know more about MSM claims.

http://cancercommonsense.com/#/msm-c-b12/4546384325

http://totalhealthnowltd.wordpress.com/2012/06/07/what-is-msm-methyl-sulphonyl-methane/

Edited by C T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEFa1f_WCms

I initially ignored the thread because of the colorful stoner language, but since it turned into a dick measuring contest: suicide edition, I should say something or else the guilt would overtake me weeks later and I would have to write a gigantic post about it.

You see, the kundalini is a great tool for reaching your goals. It's not an amazing magic experience that's supposed to do everything for you on its own, but it still fucks you up if you mess up. Basically you store energy in various ways and don't release it until you want to use it for something. It's like slowly screwing in a screw that goes through your spine, charging a battery, compress it compress it and don't let it go back up.

You're supposed to let it up a little bit for various tasks and then stop, that's why every qi gong/ tai chi form ends with the hand movement that sends the energy back to dan tien. If you let it go, you will just loose it. The insane depression is not the desirable effect, and the OP post is the last thing you want to happen to you. Wanting to kill yourself is not an achievement!

You can reach the feeling of oneness with simple meditation, this whole kundalini syndrome fiasco is exactly the thing the masters talk about in the dangers of meditation that can kill you! This is why you need a master! This is why you do horse stance, so you don't loose yourself! Whenever I felt like I would loose it, the savage survival instinct would kick in and send me back. The kundalini would strip you of almost everything and you wont care about your life, but with all the pieces missing you still care about being right and your pride. Something reminds your of your emotions and you humanity, something wants to protect what's left and out of that will grow a new person that cares about new things or remembers the old ones. If you feel like you don't have anything left, just feel the pain and let adrenaline send you back just for a little while. Don't fuck around!

• Like 2

There seems to be quite a bit of interest in MSM in Europe at the moment, and some very significant claims of it being able to assist tremendously in cell permeability seems to have spearheaded all the frenetic 'Whoas' and 'WoWs'. Im curious to know if a similar interest did flare up at some stage in the US and Australia, and whether its still 'hot' or has the excitement weaned off.

A couple of info links on MSM (cant say how 'scientific' they are, so do your own research please) for those who may want to know more about MSM claims.

http://totalhealthnowltd.wordpress.com/2012/06/07/what-is-msm-methyl-sulphonyl-methane/

Yeah - I am definitely into MSM, also DSMO for external/internal use...

So much good stuff out there, so little time/money!

I initially ignored the thread because of the colorful stoner language, but since it turned into a dick measuring contest: suicide edition, I should say something or else the guilt would overtake me weeks later and I would have to write a gigantic post about it.

You see, the kundalini is a great tool for reaching your goals. It's not an amazing magic experience that's supposed to do everything for you on its own, but it still fucks you up if you mess up. Basically you store energy in various ways and don't release it until you want to use it for something. It's like slowly screwing in a screw that goes through your spine, charging a battery, compress it compress it and don't let it go back up.

You're supposed to let it up a little bit for various tasks and then stop, that's why every qi gong/ tai chi form ends with the hand movement that sends the energy back to dan tien. If you let it go, you will just loose it. The insane depression is not the desirable effect, and the OP post is the last thing you want to happen to you. Wanting to kill yourself is not an achievement!

You can reach the feeling of oneness with simple meditation, this whole kundalini syndrome fiasco is exactly the thing the masters talk about in the dangers of meditation that can kill you! This is why you need a master! This is why you do horse stance, so you don't loose yourself! Whenever I felt like I would loose it, the savage survival instinct would kick in and send me back. The kundalini would strip you of almost everything and you wont care about your life, but with all the pieces missing you still care about being right and your pride. Something reminds your of your emotions and you humanity, something wants to protect what's left and out of that will grow a new person that cares about new things or remembers the old ones. If you feel like you don't have anything left, just feel the pain and let adrenaline send you back just for a little while. Don't fuck around!

Good post. I see you know your stuff from direct experience. Yes, its healthiest to keep the energy circulating throughout the body so as not to overheat and create delusional mind states

• Like 1