Last weekend, I was initiated into the First Degree of the Usui System of Reiki. It was a wonderful experience, and practicing the self-care routine I learned is a wonderful complement to my qigong practice. I'm planning to take the Second Degree course this fall.

I have several questions for reiki practitioners: Do you do other energy cultivation and/or meditation practices in addition to reiki? If so, what do you do?

Many thanks.

I've never understood what the Reiki Blessing was for. Do you need the blessing to practice Reiki?

If you're referring to the blessing that begins "Today I will feel no anger, have no worries, be gentle in all undertakings...," then my understanding is no. The Reiki Blessing is a cool centering prayer. The Reiki Blessing is different from the Reiki attunements; the attunements are used to open the person's system to the reiki energies.

Just curious if you learned from William Rand? He was my teacher for level 1&2 waaaaay back in '89 when I lived in MI.(Livonia)

I think i'm referring to the attunements, the Reiki Teacher i went to called it a "Reiki Blessing" and never really explained what they were for so it has always been a bit confusing.

-I felt her writing some kind of symbols on my hand with her energy and she walked around me with incense a couple of times.

-Then i felt a slight leaking of energy come from my crown down to my eye.

Edited by Tao Apprentice