ahimon

Zdraveite

Hello :) I am from Bulgaria ('zdraveite' means 'hi to you all' in Bulgarian). As most so-called spiritual people nowadays i have been reading and practicing quite a lot and different things. I am still far from having found 'my way'... But i find taoist practice very powerful - especially qigong and tai chi. I 'study' qigong from books. I started attending tai chi classes recently. Working with energy is very appealing for me, as everything can be defined through terms of energy - from the Matter and the Personal Power, to the Spirit. Plus - working with energy as a spiritual path has very practical, experiential side :)

As much as i like taoist practice, i can't say the same about chinese philosophy and view about reality. I know it's deep and genuine, but i guess i just don't like it. Lao Tzu is cool, but I Ching, the teachings about the Five Elements and stuff like that - it is not my thing. Maybe it is just cultural differences, i don't know. I think the contrast between my attitude towards taoist practice and philosophy is very stimulating, because it helps me learn without taking anything for granted :)

The idea about a forum where people can discuss their experience with taoist practice is very very good :)

For sure it's not a cultural thing.

Because I am Bulgarian too, but I do accept the concepts you mention :-)

Just joined this forum and I am surprised to see few references to Bulgaria already!

I try to get in touch with people there, so I can meet interesting people everytime I go back to visit.

Let me know if we can get in touch - [email protected]

I've tried few BG forums (e.g. dir.bg, dao.bg), but with few exceptions most of the people seem to have different views on Tao and Tai Chi.

And the discussions often change the tone. Which is already a cultural thing :-)

Лек ден!

Евгени

Well, culture has a different way to influence people. I just feel there's something a bit alien in Chinese philosophy for me. I prefer the concept of God or simply Spirit when speaking of the unspeakable. Tao is ok too, but bears less personal meaning.

I didn't mean Bulgarian culture only, but Christian culture in general. And again, it's really up to the specific person to choose :)