Sign in to follow this  
Republic Of Zen

Energy becomes agitated during inner smile and microcosmic orbit

Hi,

I like doing my qigong in the morning followd by the inner smile and microcosmic orbit. About a third of the time I become agitated and I cant focus. It is hard for me to still the mind and do the excercises at the sametime.

Last time it happened I tried to just sit still but at this stage my energy was going out of control and making me move about.

Basically my question is, how do you stop your mind running off and making you stop your meditation?

My teacher, who I wont see for another moth, follows mantak chias tradition.

I had the same problem and tried simple emptiness meditation first(for a month or two),which sort of teaches your mind how to "shut off" properly.Sometimes I would count to 300 and concentrate on that.

I hope this helps you and brings you success

Welcome to the Bums Republic Of Zen :)

I'm sure you will get many responses either here or in the main forum but sometimes I find that as my attention starts to improve it's like my mind tries "harder" to get that attention, sort of like a little kid screaming

52v9_comeonguyslook.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to the Bums Republic Of Zen :)

I'm sure you will get many responses either here or in the main forum but sometimes I find that as my attention starts to improve it's like my mind tries "harder" to get that attention, sort of like a little kid screaming

52v9_comeonguyslook.jpg

Yeah there is phrase for that in Buddhism. You meditate. Your minds gets rest and then has more energy to bother you.

I've found that toning(humming into the nasal cavity) for about five to ten minutes to be very helpful in calming down. Also Kwan Yin style chi gong is very relaxing.

I believe that for every bit of time you do the type of meditation where you move energy around you should spend at least double the time doing a void meditation, e.g. just sitting in silence becoming the emptiness. I had to learn that the really hard way.

Stillness and silence should be the foundation imo.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this