Sign in to follow this  
BaguaKicksAss

The veiled spam on here is driving me batty!

Seriously, you get people with questions, but then you get one person who always replies with their own, or their teacher's website and/or videos as the reply. This is often without any words besides a quick spammy sentence to go along with the link.

Recent example, many many vids of some guy named Gary posted as "must learn from him" in 2 different topics within 2 days :P. That's just the most recent and really obvious example.

I'm just used to forums where that is very much against the rules, but taglines are ok at the bottom if they are small. Are there any rules in place here about excessively promoting the same person over and over again by the same member?

K, I'm done griping ;).

From the amount of posts like this, I actually wasn't sure if the board is against this sort of sales speak and over promotion or not... well or to what degree. It's obvious some of the good posters on here are self promoting, which makes sense and is a fair trade... but then it gets out of hand when it's really repetitive and without something added to the thread to back it up. In other words, what constitutes as *too* spammy? (on a side note, you (a mod) posted in one of the threads that was like this so I figured it was within guidelines). I'm just griping about my personal preferences, which may not be the board at large's personal preferences. However... I have noticed that some folks just go into insult mode to try to stop the the repeated over promotion.

Thank you for hearing my rants :).

Baguakickass,

The mods dont care. No matter what they say. Action speaks louder than words. If they cared then they would put a stop to the spamming. Period

Sign in to follow this