Sign in to follow this  
shanlung

Taoist shrine and temples in Malaysia

A few weeks ago I wrote of Taoist shrines with Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck and a nude mermaid welcoming people.

Here is my report of that trip for your amusement.

Pulau Pangkor // Cameron Highlands and visiting Taiwan & Tinkerbell again
Idiotic Taoist

• Like 4

That brings light to my day. Always good to have a gentle reminder! sounds like a great experience you had!

I am now in Taiwan. Motherlode of Taoism and Taoist temples.

Living continuation when Mainland China went on rampages of Cultural revolution.

Against which Malaysia pale.

I just landed a couple hours ago. Will be here for 3 weeks.

I hope to meet my Taiji Masters too, and if they still alive, they were already very old twenty years ago.

No tui shou for me as I now have only half a functional limb.

My good right arm is now half good right arm.

Wrote of that 2 years ago. And it aint better now 2 years later. And as said, it got worse.

http://shanlung.livejournal.com/2011/07/17/

http://shanlung.livejournal.com/129541.html.

Idiotic Taoist

• Like 1

Please can you enter some other threads and tell people how they're being too serious when you see them doing so? And post your original pic of the temple for laughs? Hehe, I'm sure it will help some people!

Rara,

People can be as serious as they might want to.

I was very serious before, but a lot more relaxed about stuff nowadays.

Changes will be best if that came from within and not from without.

My report

Tinkerbell2013
With videos of chantings in Taoist temples.
Thanks to you all, I noticed a lot more stuff which I used to take for granted before.
I could not find folks I used to know well in taijichuan. I think my Masters gone on to better world as they were very old when I got to know them in 1990s.
Idiotic Taoist

Truly wonderful shanlung! Thank you for sharing all the bits of your travels in Penang and Langkawi, courtesy of which i found myself on a trip down memory lane... i too had done some of things you did back in the days.

Truly wonderful shanlung! Thank you for sharing all the bits of your travels in Penang and Langkawi, courtesy of which i found myself on a trip down memory lane... i too had done some of things you did back in the days.

You know the only constant in life is that changes will take place

Blues of Billy Blues/ / There was this dog // That breeding Formosan Bluebirds that I missed
I do not need to wander on paths to strange temples to be a Taoistic Idiot.
I can do other things too and remain an Idiotic Taoist, even in Dubai
Idiot on the Path

I have gotten quiet as I did not care to debate on mantle of lineage of Wang Chong Yang suddenly descending on some unknown Russian because he claimed it so.  When people tried to argue against that, they were banned or threatened to be banned.  I decided to leave that field to whoever who claim they are what they are and those that believe in the sudden reappearance of Wang Chong Yang.

Another reason why I disappeared.

Actually many reasons but that's as about as irrelevant as Wang Chong Yang lineage.

Those with morbid and puerile curiosity can find out by checking http://shanlung.livejournal.com/

I can tell you the last reason

an extract from my facebook  to other forums so my friends and enemies here know why I so quiet the last few months.

And some hits from here to my pages decided I might as well let my friends and enemies here know too.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
posted dec 21 2014

Merry Christmas to all the folks here.

This will be the last posting for a long time here.
My retirement had been prematurely terminated. When I left to Nepal, I had a 3 months visa and thought I be there 3 months or so.
While trekking in Annapurna, procrastination save me from being buried in Thorongla pass as Procrastinatia took 3 days from me.

And when in Marpa , an email reached me making me an offer I cannot refused making me changed my plans and rushing down the mountains after just 6 weeks or so to get visas and paper work done.

In a couple hours or so, I will be flying off to Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Not likely I have the time and inclination to write for a long time after that.

If I am not thrown out for color of my tie and I settle in and yearn for a birdie, that birdie might well be a falcon or hawk as I do have different ideas with them, the way my ideas had been different from most with birdies and beasties.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I am not thrown out for the color of my tie.  And also I do not wear tie anymore after the first day in suit and tie.

Jeans more my kind of style.

How long I be in Riyadh will depend on the Tao and nothing other than the Tao.

And regardless of me in shadows of Himalayas or being chased by Komodo dragons or in the souks of Riyadh, I never

left the Tao.

The Idiotic Taoist

Sign in to follow this