Sign in to follow this  
DragonsNectar69k

Mormonism and Satanism

I would like any seasoned mage or practicioners take on this video. Putting religion aside, Joseph Smith wrote some interesting stuff concerning Spirit. Unfortunately the occult tends to turn people off right away, especially here in the west. It seems to be one big secret for most. Quite silly in my opinion.

Also has any one here ever practice Talisman magick?

Edited by DragonsNectar69k

I'm curious as to why you used the word "Satanism" in the title to this thread. I watched the video and it said that Smith was a Freemason, but it said nothing about him worshipping Satan. You mention that people are turned off by the word occult, it is probably due to the association with Satanism.

The word occult means hidden. So while Satanists would be considered to be occult, not all occult practices are Satanism, and I would guess that probably only a small part of them are. Unless you are an Evangelical Christian, like the creators of this video, in which case anything other than Jesus would be considered to be Satanic.

• Like 1

I'm curious as to why you used the word "Satanism" in the title to this thread. I watched the video and it said that Smith was a Freemason, but it said nothing about him worshipping Satan. You mention that people are turned off by the word occult, it is probably due to the association with Satanism.

The word occult means hidden. So while Satanists would be considered to be occult, not all occult practices are Satanism, and I would guess that probably only a small part of them are. Unless you are an Evangelical Christian, like the creators of this video, in which case anything other than Jesus would be considered to be Satanic.

Ahh yes. Too catch the attention of others ;) I also titled it after the topic of the youtube video and yes I am well aware of the occult and 'satanism'. It is unfortunate that most Evangelical Christian's do not care for spiritual science. Joseph Smith was an interesting man and revelator, in my opinion.

• Like 1

I havent watched this video, I started then I got distracted and stopped.

There is no interest so far in this, from the rest of the board... there is resistance to mormons ... is this because of the Osmonds and Mormons going door to door too evangelically and squeaky cleanily.. or is it because of the many wife thing, all of them with long hair , no make up, and drab clothes.. and, I hear, often chosen from books when they are 12 years old..

what is good about mormonism?

I havent watched this video, I started then I got distracted and stopped.

There is no interest so far in this, from the rest of the board... there is resistance to mormons ... is this because of the Osmonds and Mormons going door to door too evangelically and squeaky cleanily.. or is it because of the many wife thing, all of them with long hair , no make up, and drab clothes.. and, I hear, often chosen from books when they are 12 years old..

what is good about mormonism?

Ahhh. Yes the religious politics. If you follow any path long enough, one will garner some 'kind' of enlightenment. Meta-physical in nature.

I would have to answer your question with another question... What is good about any religion or 'way of life'?

Joseph Smith was a conman. The history of Mormonism's creation is so dodgy it goes past even being funny.

Southpark has done the best take on the subject I have seen.

http://vimeo.com/13150374

Just because he peddled a few 'occult' ideas in with his 'I am a higher authority than Jesus, give me your women' ideology doesn't mean there is anything of value in it...

• Like 1

Joseph Smith was a conman. The history of Mormonism's creation is so dodgy it goes past even being funny.

Southpark has done the best take on the subject I have seen.

http://vimeo.com/13150374

Just because he peddled a few 'occult' ideas in with his 'I am a higher authority than Jesus, give me your women' ideology doesn't mean there is anything of value in it...

I have read plenty of theories concerning the fella. But some of the stuff he wrote was rather interesting. He was definitely studying the occult or got his hands on some ancient stuff, in my opinion.

Used to have mormon's knocking on the door every now and then but now it's just Jehovah's witnesses.

But some of the stuff he wrote was rather interesting. He was definitely studying the occult or got his hands on some ancient stuff, in my opinion.

Is it possible for you to direct me to some of the stuff to which you refer, please?

I am quite interested in what he said that was rather interesting.

Joseph Smith made some translations of Egyptian Hypocephalus ... which is interesting ... if wrong ...

Joseph Smith made some translations of Egyptian Hypocephalus ... which is interesting ... if wrong ...

How wrong were they?

Apparently he was a scryer, then an off world being appeared to him and gave him a book and a special pair of glasses which allowed him to read it, and he founded mormonism from the book.

How wrong were they?

Apparently he was a scryer, then an off world being appeared to him and gave him a book and a special pair of glasses which allowed him to read it, and he founded mormonism from the book.

Well maybe I shouldn't say wrong ... perhaps highly interpreted into biblical thinking rather than straight Egyptian. The hypocephalus is an interesting 26th dynasty expression of the the Eye of Horus ... he didn't know that. I don't know his dates but its possible he lived before they were properly translated.

Here's a good link for hypocephili ... worthy of discussion I think:

http://nowscape.com/mormon/hypocephalus/Hypocephalus_Gallery.htm

Edited by Apech

Well maybe I shouldn't say wrong ... perhaps highly interpreted into biblical thinking rather than straight Egyptian. The hypocephalus is an interesting 26th dynasty expression of the the Eye of Horus ... he didn't know that. I don't know his dates but its possible he lived before they were properly translated.

Here's a good link for hypocephili ... worthy of discussion I think:

http://nowscape.com/mormon/hypocephalus/Hypocephalus_Gallery.htm

Hahaha. It all depends on how your translating. Even the bible itself has mistranslations. Which is odd to think about.

The only reason I found mormonism interesting was because of the Book of Abraham and the Doctrine and Convenetants where JS makes some claims about 'spirit being finer than matter' and how a Higher Being told him that whatever we learn and retain in this life we get to keep in the next, eternity. And depending upon the precepts that one keeps in this life, it supposedly determines where one will go in the next, since there are many worlds according to the Book of Abraham. It felt like Buddhism and the Dharma. A lot of parallels. I found it funny because Buddhist don't have a hard time accepting these possibilities, but a lot of Evangelical Christian's have a hard time dealing with such 'extraordinary claims' concerning Mormonism. Many think JS went to far with plural marriage and seeking to be overly righteous in this world, but who is to say that he was wrong or right? That is the Buddhist in me speaking hahaha.

Book of Abraham : http://www.lds.org/scriptures/pgp/abr?lang=eng

Doctrine and Covenants : http://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament?lang=eng

Spirit is finer than matter: http://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/131.1-4?lang=eng

Hahaha. It all depends on how your translating. Even the bible itself has mistranslations. Which is odd to think about.

If you know the glyphs and can interpret the pictures then you can work out what the Egyptians intended ... but if you don't then you produce your own version from your imagination or possibly inspired from elsewhere. The Mormons themselves have done a lot of work on this comparison.

For instance this man claims that JS was right in many respects ...

http://home.comcast.net/~michael.rhodes/JosephSmithHypocephalus.pdf

but he is aMormon and would say that ....

• Like 1

If you know the glyphs and can interpret the pictures then you can work out what the Egyptians intended ... but if you don't then you produce your own version from your imagination or possibly inspired from elsewhere. The Mormons themselves have done a lot of work on this comparison.

For instance this man claims that JS was right in many respects ...

http://home.comcast.net/~michael.rhodes/JosephSmithHypocephalus.pdf

but he is aMormon and would say that ....

Yea I honestly do not know what inspired such text. I have seen Horus once in my dreams. I see falcons all the time as well.

This makes me sound crazy, but I do believe that an enlightened or awoken being can in fact go thru the 'veil' and exchange information with other beings. Sort of like what happened with Crowley when he went to Egypt. There is definitely something magickal about Egypt. Maybe it wasn't the text itself, but the link that was needed to contact said beings. Beats me.

I honestly want to know more about talisman magick though.

This and this will get you started and will put you on course far better than anything Joseph Smith ever had any hand in.

• Like 1

This and this will get you started and will put you on course far better than anything Joseph Smith ever had any hand in.

Dude, Solomon's Key is definitely sealed with SOMETHING. I was reading it last night on my phone and before I turned my phone off I saw a six pointed star on the screen. Fell asleep of course, saw a slew of beings of all kinds. Some creepy one's as well. Had some weird dreams as well. I find my self driving in a dirty brown river with my some relatives. We were using our car as a boat in the river and we came to this dead end. Strangely my brother blamed 'white people' for closing off the river, so he kicked the boards down and then this opening opened up and there were boats on the other side and we all got arrested? Then in another dream this African man looking preist had given me a goat that turned into a white lamb. Told me to get baptized with it apparently. I also saw some kind of temple, a miniature model. It kind of looked Egyptian. I was checking that out for a while. There was also a time in the dream where I was looking at something hat looked like the inside of watch. I want to say I was looking at some kind of subtle device, but it kept changing and made no sense really. Looked cool though.

This is what the statue I saw in my dream looked like concerning some black priest and that temple.. Not to sure about the lady in the middle. Might be Isis?

history-masonry-800x800.jpg

Any ways I found this pic last night and had another crazy dream. A lot of traveling. Found myself at a temple that read Rose de Crux when I tried go into the temple, but the door was blocked with a inscription and a heading of Rose De Crux. Twas interesting. Rose Croix. It was Rose something. Possibly Rosicrucianism.

Sign in to follow this