Achievements for how many eps of a tv show or ad you watch?

Do people actually take achievements seriously? Does anybody? :blink: I'm a hermit when it comes to video games: my Internet usually sucks, so I always play in single player (with the exception of Diablo-3, which can only be played online) and don't care about this whole achievement business. Besides, I heard it had gotten pretty ridiculous, with newer games giving out achievements for the most mundane tasks...

Aaaaanyway, my strategy is to just wait it out. Whenever I buy a video game, I usually play it for weeks/months until I find every Easter Egg, complete every mission, unlock every ending, etc... (Took me ~3 months to get through Fallout-3 in its entirety hahaha) There are so many good games out there that they'll last me for years - definitely long enough for the next next generation of consoles to come out. ^_^

• Like 1

Well dunno how XBox gamers take achievements. I'm only aware of achievements on Steam. They seem like a nice little freebie Valve tosses out but some Steam gamers take pride in getting some of the odder or more difficult badges for whatever game their playing.

:)

Any current 360 gamers here? Do you take trophy placement seriously?

Good point Leon, mobiles have a big user base and the apps are cheap. Looking at the PlayStation store after looking at the Google play store really drives home how much more expensive console games are (plus I'm stuck in the lounge room with the tv)

Sure the ps3 is still better than the mobile, at the moment, but I grew us playing Atari and Commodore 64 games where it was the game not the graphics that mattered.

P.s. re: trophies :-(

When I want to try something in a game, and I manage to do so, I'm already enjoying that moment.

I do not need some token of achievement telling me "well done"

It's the task itself that should be it's own reward.

None the less token economies have always been popular "motivators" for completing trival, boring or routine tasks

leonbasin, that is a link to pirated content which isn't allowed here.

But why would you use an online version that limits you to a few games if you can just get an actual emulator and play offline? (and with a usb controller) All of those consoles have working emulators. The only one that is too hard on my semi decent computer is the wii one.

oh wow, the links they give you to play just download the actual emulator to your computer

that entire website was created because of unwarranted self importance :lol: