Sign in to follow this  
DragonsNectar69k

The relevance of magick

I wanted to start a discussion concerning magick with those who have been successful at it and what is it (if your willing to share) that you have been able to accomplish with your system of magick? Any stories? Etc?

From most of what I have studied. It seems most magick today is used to influence a person or situation for one's own personal gain. There seems to be plenty of books on magick at one's own local book store. Most of it seems to be fast food magick. Rarely telling the neophyte about the inherit danger and knowledge of one's True Self. We are all God's/Creators with free will and are able to create good or evil. It is unfortunate that author's tend to market their craft this way for money and power. But I guess any neophyte has to learn the hard way at some point.

I have yet to truly come across a book that is neutral concerning its influence on the matter of magick (literally some books are so freaking enchanted I tend to throw them away) and is able to truly teach a neophyte about the magick of 'creating'. We have plenty of scripture from various religions, schools of thought, as well as cults.

I think the TRUE inherited danger is that one may not truly know ALL of the truth yet. Plenty of enlightened beings have warned those who may still be blind that most of this existence is an illusion.

That there are higher realms and dimensions beyond this one and that is futile to create karma that is going to keep one from ever progressing, buddhism, taoism, christianity, etc. But I guess we all learn something relevant through out life.

It also seems that one can easily rise above the influence of magick by simply seeking to raise their consciousness and awareness. Simply observing without any mental or emotional attachments. Plug in whatever school of thought or form of meditation you like here.

I guess this is the only site that i have found that's influence is not over the top concerning the topic of magick.. and most of it is rather straight forward and simple. No silly gothic stuff.

http://www.wisdomsdoor.com/index1.htm

Edited by DragonsNectar69k

http://www.amazon.com/The-Book-Abramelin-New-Translation/dp/089254127X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369102080&sr=8-1&keywords=abramelin :).

I'm of the belief (and experience) that magic is not learned from books.

Hmm, stuff to do with magic, well healing is pretty awesome. Helping folks out of a terrible place in their lives ranks up there too, but this is likely considered magic for self (as it is for a person). There is also the whole self refinement thing, sort of necessary if you want to get anywhere with it.

I think the rest pretty much falls under super handy stuff to improve one's own life and surroundings :). I'm sure I missed some things though.

Maybe it is just how I have been initially exposed or influenced by magick that makes me so cynical.

Sign in to follow this