Sign in to follow this  
exorcist_1699

Taoist proof that we can't ignore

Although Taoist jing-qi-shen way has its religious implication , its meaning is totally different from those western religions' which , despite our repeatedly explanation, sadly seem not to be understood by some people on this forum. To me, Taoist alchemy is more close to science than to religion , which can be manifested in :
1) its emphasize on proof;
2) the theoretical power of the jing -qi-shen framework;
Just like good theory in science can explain why those natural phenomena happen and predict the appearance of some other unknown ones, the importance of Taoist jing-qi-shen theory can help us solving many problems in our practice and predicting what will happen in next step ,including the arising hazards.
Instead of presenting some immortals to the crowd and ask them to act like clown playing magic before the people, I would rather introduce the really attentive audience the keys of the Taoist theory ( it doesn't necessarily mean my version is the only true one ) . It is through the proof experienced in their practice and the power of Taoist theory that people believe in the truth of Taoism , not by having viewed few so-called immortals with their old Birth Certificate waving in their hands . Besides, " the Saints and the ordinary always walk on different paths " (聖凡異路 ) , they seldom meet , so such kind of journalist view about the Taoist world can't grasp the reality..

i am a little slow getting back to this. i had finals week here,

exorcist_1699, your postings here on this thread correlates with the view of Taoism

that is given on the basic online introduction course, i have promoted on my Xiao Yao Pai thread.

for the bums here who did participate in the online course, which is only an introduction,

i would direct you back to lesson #4.

exorcist_1699, i do not mean to use your thread to promote my clan.

as you are aware, these concepts of immortality are not so simple to explain to the uninitiated.

and you seem to be a very rare Taoist that is actually willing to have an open conversation about this.

i appreciate you greatly for that. and i agree the emphasis is on proof.

gong and te(功德)

It should read "gong te", no "and" in between.

功德: the virtue of merits.

It is the "given credit" to honor someone.

Although "gong te" is quite a fixed term in Chinese, they somehow can be used separately;

"gong" refer to the effectiveness of your action; "te" refers to the moral implication arsing from it;

i am a little slow getting back to this. i had finals week here,

exorcist_1699, your postings here on this thread correlates with the view of Taoism

that is given on the basic online introduction course, i have promoted on my Xiao Yao Pai thread.

for the bums here who did participate in the online course, which is only an introduction,

i would direct you back to lesson #4.

exorcist_1699, i do not mean to use your thread to promote my clan.

as you are aware, these concepts of immortality are not so simple to explain to the uninitiated.

and you seem to be a very rare Taoist that is actually willing to have an open conversation about this.

i appreciate you greatly for that. and i agree the emphasis is on proof.

HI, Zerotao,

Thanks .

Sorry that I have not read the "Xiao Yao Pai" thread, but I claim most of my views quite " conventional " in Taoist alchemy , hardly dare I deviate too much from it .

Edited by exorcist_1699

Although "gong te" is quite a fixed term in Chinese, they somehow can be used separately;

"gong" refer to the effectiveness of your action; "te" refers to the moral implication arsing from it;

Yes, that may be. However, but not in this case.

Sign in to follow this