Mal

[HHC Study] Hua Hu Ching Chapter 12

To illuminate the sphere [planet] on one side, is to project a cone of darkness on the other; and Error also is the Shadow of the Truth with which God illuminates the Soul. ... The most virulent poisons are the most sovereign remedies, when given in due proportion. The Evil is the shadow of the Good, and inseparable from it. (Morals and Dogma, by Albert Pike)

How about this one? What do you see here?

Free from desire, you realize the mystery.

Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations.

Yet mystery and manifestations

arise from the same source.

This source is called darkness.

Darkness within darkness.

The gateway to all understanding.

(Tao Te Ching, translated by Stephen Mitchell)

Edited by traveler

I have much enjoyed the back and forth of this conversation :-)

Thank you both for sharing.

• Like 2

Please feel free to chime in. It seems like a few like-minded souls have found each other. This is truly a treat.

Regarding the above two quotes, the second one seems to address more specifically the blockages of the soul, the error thinking.

I too was taken by that paragraph by Pike when I read it, maybe two months ago. The cone of darkness is exactly proportionate to the size of the sphere, or the amount of illumination on the planet. At what point will there be no cone of darkness? Is that even possible? and the closer the sphere gets to the source of manifestation (sun) the longer the cone of darkness will be. I seem to recall later in Morals and Dogma that the end result is for the earth to merge with the sun. At that point there would be no further cone of darkness. this speaks either to the planetary set-up or the inner configurations of us. That is the key - to merge with the sun, or the source of enlightenment.

Perhaps a type of dynamic manifestations happens within the cones of other planets as well - but the balance of nature seems to happen just on the 3rd rock from the sun, or at least the visible manifestation for which our particular rods and cones are set up. Venus would have the longest cone of darkness due to its proximity. The third chakra down is the one in the throat area, is it not? That is the chakra for manifestation, or how we present to the world. Maybe there's an analogy there too.

Desires are the blockages. No doubt Josh has a desire to be away from his father. His remedy would be to transcend that desire, to learn to love his father for what he is, an imperfect alcoholic; a nearly impossible task for a teenage boy.

'The most virulent poisons are the most sovereign remedies'. Hasn't this been what we've been talking about, both with Stephen Hawking and with Joshua? Their blockages were of their own manifestation, if looked at from a totally non-judgmental perspective. As in my dream, the young girl had to swim her own way to the top, there could be no help from Lance. Perhaps Mr. Hawking engaged in some error thinking, even pre-natally, which caused his lifelong malady, although his brain certainly took off into the ethers in a scientific sense. But maybe not in an inner sense?

Darkness within darkness. That is beautiful. The cosmic soup is darkness, and our cone of darkness, of error thinking is the black within the black. Only blacker.

BTW, I love Stephen Mitchell's translation of the TTC. He made a noble attempt to modernize it, to place it more within today's framework of speech and metaphor.

Edited by manitou

Quote Manitou: At what point will there be no cone of darkness?

And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. (Bible, Rev 22:5)

Blockages:

Meditate upon the complete unity of yourself and all that you see. Do this not once, and not simply in present circumstances, but at all times, and especially in difficult circumstances. For insofar as you love and feel at one with those things which are difficult for you, to that extent will those circumstances be alleviated. (Hatonn)

Quote Manitou: Perhaps Mr. Hawking engaged in some error thinking, even pre-natally, which caused his lifelong malady.

And, perhaps since we are all One, a lighter part of the whole called Joshua chose to be a lesson for the darker parts of the whole which are those around him. We generally only look at what we can see on the surface. If we look deep enough, there is only one taproot.

Stephen Mitchell's translation of the TTC: I like it too. I chose this version because it has an added line at the end of chapter 5, "hold on to the center", which the other translations I examined was missing.

Battery cell. Yep, that will do.

At the conclusion of your practice you must always bring the energy back to your navel and collect it. Collecting the energy gathers up the excess chi in the body and stores it in the navel. It protects your body organs from accumulating too much energy. (Awaken Healing Energy through the Tao, by Mantak Chia)

And capacitor works as well as a definition of energy centers.

With each inhalation more of It will collect at the base of your skull until this subtle body basal capacitor is fully saturated with ching power. Then the power will jump to the center of your brain and cause a sensation in the middle of your forehead; that is the Floating Point Navigator opening. Should you have enough ching still rising to keep the capacitor charged the density fans out to the left and right saturating the Sylvian fissures above the ears. This signifies the shen generators are charging in the Lateral Ventricles. (Three Gems of Alchemical Initiation, by Lynn Osborn)

Edited by traveler

Quote Traveler: (unable to work this dang machine!)

'Meditate upon the complete unity of yourself and all you see.....'

Doesn't this seem to be a type of second nature that overrides everything after a while? I read The Impersonal Life maybe 20 years ago. The mantra spoken over and over again in this book was 'Be Still and Know You Are God.' I understood it at the level I was capable of understanding it at that time - I thought I understood it fully. But it's the constancy of practicing this mindset over a period of years, as your quote mentions, that truly drives this awareness into the consciousness. The burning ember (or the kundalini flame) seems to be alive and noticeable at all times now. Very rarely is it not felt, unless of course one allows themselves to be caught up in the illusion of the moment and falls into emotion....as in not being able to see the forest through the trees. This happens rarely now, but it does periodically happen. Usually it can be transcended almost the moment I realize I'm caught up in it. Apology is made, life travels on.

The thing I appreciate most about the Morals and Dogma book is that there is such an emphasis placed on removing one's defects of character, often realized a degree at a time. I've read so many books where the emphasis is on the head-learning, not the inner clarification. I don't think it's possible to See without having cleared out our warped lenses.

Edited by manitou

Quote Manitou: Doesn't this seem to be a type of second nature that overrides everything after a while?

I feel this a grace. I didn't do it and couldn't have done it. The golden light acted upon me and changed me; it was grace. This sounds Christian and on a fundamental level it is, except that I no long see sin as sin. Sin is part of the illusion and when we leave the illusion, sin is seen for what it really is, part of the illusion. It exists but not in my world.

Atonement corrects illusions, not truth. Therefore, it corrects what never was. (ACIM, Teacher's Manuel)

Quote Manitou: It's the constancy of practicing this mindset over a period of years, as your quote mentions, that truly drives this awareness into the consciousness.

Hatonn also said:

It is first necessary, if the entity is to be able to receive our contact, for him to become of a certain vibration as a result of his thinking. (Hatonn)

The Masons put a strong emphasis on charity. A Mason is to come to the aid of a Brother in need if at all possible.

May the blessings of heaven rest upon us and all regular Masons. May brotherly love prevail, and every moral and social virtue cement us. Amen. (Worshipful Master's words at the end of a lodge meeting)

The cement of a working Mason is used as a metaphor over and over again in Masonry to teach that we need to stand united, and the mortar that accomplishes this is brotherly love, cooperation, and moral virtues.

I think I have jumped into this thread without looking. So, I'm looking back now at the first page and I'd like to comment on it.

LCH: The easy answer is that every action is some form of "energy work", to me at least. Every thought and intention being the expressive/manifested aspect of "qi".

That was worth repeating. Couldn't be truer.

LCH: I have had a wonderful opportunity to to qi-gong "healing" on other people. Call it whatever you want though. It mostly has consisted of grounding the person, and getting them in touch with their own "spark" of infinity. Nothing special, as I feel we can all do this, but I will say these experiences have allowed me to connect with people on the closest of levels.

I am feeling the same way. I tell people that I offer Reiki but I no longer use the symbols. I simply place my hands on their shoulders, standing behind them as they sit in a chair, and share energy for about five minutes. So, I am grounding them, as you said. I don't claim to heal but this is often the result. My intention is to give them peace.

LCH: I don't perceive attainment of the "Tao" as being some sort of destination, though it can be seen as such in a life based in linear time.

Manitou: And we know this is an illusion! It's all here now, past, present, future.

It is like there is this progression towards the light following a definite timeline, then as you step into the light, the timeline merges into one moment and you find that you are experiencing nothing particularly new but that the whole timeline is occurring at once - you are all of you all at once. Nothing new, just complete. Does this match your own sensations?

Manitou: people are seen as more beautiful, we stop looking for the bad or ignoble. ... What works for me is to realize that every human being, every animal all have one very specific in common: the black spots in our eyes.

That black dot image is awesome! I can now squash snails without cringing ... too much. Seriously, This is all good stuff and very true, for me.

"The guardians of the eight powerful energy rays" might be referring to the eight parts of the I-ching hexagram. Tao Tzu admonishes us to study the I-ching in a later chapter. As a reminder, the hexagram parts are: heaven, wind, water, mountain, earth, thunder, fire, and river.

Edited by traveler

Quote Traveler; I no longer see sin as sin.

This is my experience as well. The concept of sin is nothing more than the darkness within the cone, the lack of light.

Quote Traveler (ACIM): Atonement corrects illusions, not truth. Therefore it corrects what never was.

I believe the above quote to be the exact secret of the 12 steps. The steps involve not only uncovering one's defects of character (illusions for sure, but still responsible for our way of seeing and thinking) but go a step further and have one atone for the defect (illusion) by making amends to the person we perceive that we've harmed. This is the hardest part, and the only one that creates a humility even further than relating your character defects to another person. It puts Windex to our own dark glass.

Re: your way of doing Reiki - a wonderful method! I used to run energy from a short distance away, but now prefer the loving presence of touch as well. For more serious healings, I find that a triangulation of why the person is manifestation the condition to be crucial to removing the illusion. Then truth, then acting to the opposite. Usually it's replacing fear or hatred with love, in the end result. This has worked twice for cancer (failed once for cancer as well) and it seems to be working 50% with Joshua by reproducing his condition and changing it with ceremony - although Joshua wasn't even involved. I have only been doing this for a few years, and I keep making modifications on the fly. Haven't found the book yet that gives all the answers, and I know the answers are within; I just need to find my own clarity on day at a time and as conditions are brought to me.

From what I'm seeing in Morals and Dogma, it appears that at some point the Masons continue in their expansion of what is brotherly love - to include all men as our brothers.

And the black dot thing? LOL, this is a simple tool for staying in Awareness during the day. When you look into a black dot, you are looking at god. A smile can't help but creep in and your heart melt. Even to look into the eyes of your cat.

Traveler quote: : It is like there is a progression toward the light following a definite timeline....." (and continuing) You asked for my sensation. The sensation I perceive is that I am in a river of the Tao, facing downstream. But walking backwards upstream. The exact opposite of what 'appears' to be true in this timeline. Going back to the beginning against the current of the downstream motion.

Agreed with the I Ching reference. The I Ching is a way of measuring or pointing to the synchronicity of the moment at any one place in time. It is just a method. The synchronicity of the moment is just that which is in play at that moment: the dynamics, if unchanged, will lead to a particular place. If the dynamics are changed (done by injecting love into the situation, for example; but there again we have to get back to doing a little inner work to allow Ego to take a back seat in order to get over ourselves and love our brother as ourself), the changing dynamics will affect the outcome. Nothing is written in cement, unless we make it so by an unchanging attitude.

Edited by manitou

Quote Manitou: From what I'm seeing in Morals and Dogma, it appears that at some point the Masons continue in their expansion of what is brotherly love - to include all men as our brothers.

Yes. The Lodge is the temple which is where our word template comes from. What we learn to do in the Lodge is a pattern for our behavior towards those outside the template as we expand our learning, call Masonic Light. In theory ... the modern Masons are not thinking about this. It has become a club. I rarely hear a lecture in Lodge these days except the memorized ones. The degrees continue to teach, nonetheless.

Quote Manitou: I am in a river of the Tao, facing downstream. But walking backwards upstream.

Very good. Images that confuse our logical brain in any way help it to turn off and allow the more intuitive part of ourselves to be more present.

I did a walking meditation years ago, called Open Focus by Jacob Liberman, where I attempted to see the trail as if my head was ten feet off the ground. He also asked me to walk backwards and envision eyes on the back of my head so I could see where I was going. This all helped to expand my awareness of what was happening around me and encouraged me to see without my eyes. The confusion of trying to see with eyes that weren't on my face was what did the trick and helped to awaken my non-eye vision.

The Masons ask a candidate for some piece of metal as a memento to show that he had received that degree (Entered Apprentice Degree). The candidate looks confused as he says, "No". He was asked to leave any metal (such as a watch or coins, including rings) at the preparation room before the degree began to ensure that he could not comply with the request. So what was that all about? It was a way to confuse the candidate. Confusion is a common hypnotic technique. The next thing that the subject is told after the confusion will sink deeper into the subconscious that otherwise. After the candidate shakes his head and says that he has no mental and cannot comply, the Worshipful Master teaches him the principles of Masonic Charity. The lesson of charity, so well driven into the candidate, becomes a cornerstone for his future Masonic Light which he receives a little at a time.

So, face downstream and walk upstream. Time stands still or ceases, distance becomes confused. Are you moving downstream or upstream? Where is your destination? Where is the Tao? Nowhere and everywhere. The beginning and the end. Alpha and Omega is another name for God.

A friend taught be to look at the 12th chakra high above my head and envision a golden ring there spinning in all directions simultaneously. Of course this is impossible and so when you can get your mind to do this imagery, the logical brain has shut down. As it turns out, the 12th chakra is the tip of what some call the cone of power, and is a doorway or portal. The spinning golden ring transforms into the image of a golden sphere and creates a lot of energy all focused at this point high above the head. The energy starts to open up this chakra. What comes down through this portal? Or, are you passing upward through the spinning ring into another dimension? See, we have your facing downstream and walking upstream image all over again. We expand outward and expand inward and eventually cannot tell which is which.

Quote Manitou: Nothing is written in cement, unless we make it so by an unchanging attitude.

Those who wish to embody the Tao should embrace all things. To embrace all things means first that one holds no anger or resistance toward any idea or thing, living or dead, formed or formless. Acceptance is the very essence of the Tao. ... They will be obliged to abandon any mental bias born of cultural or religious belief. Indeed, they should hold their minds free of any thought which interferes with their understanding of the universe as a harmonious oneness. The beginning of these practices is the beginning of liberation. (Hua Hu Ching, ch3, 7, by Lao Tzu)

It's really just one moment at a time, isn't it, as to your last paragraph? To do what's in front of us with the most impeccability that we can, to borrow a don Juan Mateus phrase. To realize that each and every person is just as important as the next; that none is more important than another. To treat our brothers with love, as we are all tentacles of the same octopus, so to speak? To develop our character to the highest degree of perfection that we can. To pick up a piece of trash and revere the earth, even though we don't own the parking lot it's in? To leave a place or situation in better order because of our harmonious attitude?

I have to tell you about something kind of wonderful that happened today. As we have spoken earlier, I triangulate maladies. It's much easier to triangulate maladies for someone else,, as the Seer can see the entire tripod in front of them, and only one of the legs goes down inside of the triangulator. If we are trying to triangulate a malady within ourselves, it is much more difficult because of the difficulty in experiencing all three legs of the tripod; two legs of the tripod go within ourselves. I have been trying to triangulate why I am perfectly healthy other than arthritis of the knees. Okay, I'm 66. But beyond that, I know there is a reason that the only chronic thing that bothers me is my knees. I have tried to see over and over what arthritis of the knees signifies, what it symbolizes, particularly within me.

It occurred to me as I was driving this morning that there is no problem with my knees when it comes to forward progress; I can walk just fine. The only real pain I have is going up or down a stair; in other words, it is an up or down thing. When one gets onto their knees, what are they doing? Metaphorically, praying? Giving credit to a god who is responsible for anything 'good' we can do, as opposed to taking the credit ourselves? Needless to say, I haven't 'prayed' on my knees since childhood - particularly now, as there is really nothing Out There to pray to. But I think the metaphor here is humility. There are times I lack humility, when my 'knees are inflexible' - or perhaps that I haven't done enough of the getting onto my knees symbolic movement.

How very possible this is! One of the treasures of the sage is to 'never be the first' (Yutang), which says to me that he never strives, he never tries to win, he is happy in whatever situation he finds himself and knows to let the situation come to him; never to chase it down. How very contrary this is to how I was raised as a child - I was brought up tremendously competitively, and I know that this 'be the first' beast inside me is still very much alive. The ego is always willing to raise its head. It is something I try to stay on top of daily.

I am hoping that as I wear this dawning awareness of my own character, seeing how it affects me physically, that the metaphoric and physical healing will begin. I will take more active steps to remain in humility and 'never be the first'.

Is this the quote you were referring to?

Impeccability begins with a single act that has to be deliberate, precise and sustained. If that act is repeated long
enough, one acquires a sense of unbending intent which can be applied to anything else. If that is accomplished the road is clear. One thing will lead to another until the warrior realizes his full potential. (Don Juan warrior quotes)

I did a Google search on "triangular healing" and got a link back to TTB, to a thread you hosted named, "Are there any healers here?" Posted last March. I read the whole thing this evening. Awesome good reading. I copied it out and gave a copy of the doc to my son who is also an energy healer. I don't look for healing experiences, but the desire springs up at times that this would be a good skill to develop further. I will think on this. Perhaps I will go in that direction. My method for healing currently is to go to a deep place under the levels where beliefs exist and talk directly to their spirit's spirit or Higher Self. Results are what counts from the patient's point of view. Sometimes a healing takes place, sometimes not.

I learned a great deal about how many different kinds of people go about the art of healing from you thread. I've taken all kinds of workshops on healing over the years. Most of what I used this training for was self healing. And most of my self healing was on an inner level, not physical. EFT comes to mind because I used it to rid myself of arthritis in my hip and you mentioned your knees. I healed it on a three-day trip to Arizona where I did EFT on the hip every half hour the whole time. Before the trip, I could feel a grinding in my hip (a bone scraping sensation), but have had no problem since.

That thread on healing reminded me that one of my desires certainly is to be a healer. I will think on this.

Manitou said: One of the treasures of the sage is to 'never be the first' (Yutang), which says to me that he never strives, he never tries to win, he is happy in whatever situation he finds himself and knows to let the situation come to him; never to chase it down.

Unmoving, yet swifter than mind, beyond the reach of the senses and always ahead of them, standing, it out runs those who run. In it the all pervading air supports the activity of the beings. It moves and It moves not. It is far and It is near. It is inside all this and also outside all this. (Isa Upanishad, translation by Jayaram.V)

This is where I find myself, but the question is: can this place of non-action allow me to heal? I am on a journey, the same as each of you are who are participating on this forum. I have a feeling that the journey never ends but goes on and on forever into the Light.

Edited by traveler
  • Like 2

Is this the quote you were referring to?

Yes, Don Juan spoke often of impeccability, which is the forerunner of becoming a Warrior - to match our words with our actions. It is done on either the inner or outer planes. To be vigilant of our own thoughts, in addition to be willing to pick up someone else's trash because it is defiling the Mother. The quote you found is wonderful.

I did a Google search on "triangular healing" and got a link back to TTB, to a thread you hosted named, "Are there any healers here?" Posted last March. I read the whole thing this evening. Awesome good reading. I copied it out and gave a copy of the doc to my son who is also an energy healer. I don't look for healing experiences, but the desire springs up at times that this would be a good skill to develop further. I will think on this. Perhaps I will go in that direction. My method for healing currently is to go to a deep place under the levels where beliefs exist and talk directly to their spirit's spirit or Higher Self. Results are what counts from the patient's point of view. Sometimes a healing takes place, sometimes not.

I think that when we're walking in the realm of Love Your Brother As Yourself, the realm we seem to be walking in, that the desire for healing is a natural outcome. I do not look for healing events either, nor do I charge anything for it. The situations come often enough just in everyday living; I merely respond when it is placed in front of me.

I learned a great deal about how many different kinds of people go about the art of healing from you thread. I've taken all kinds of workshops on healing over the years. Most of what I used this training for was self healing. And most of my self healing was on an inner level, not physical. EFT comes to mind because I used it to rid myself of arthritis in my hip and you mentioned your knees. I healed it on a three-day trip to Arizona where I did EFT on the hip every half hour the whole time. Before the trip, I could feel a grinding in my hip (a bone scraping sensation), but have had no problem since.

That thread on healing reminded me that one of my desires certainly is to be a healer. I will think on this.

Could you talk a little more about EFT? (I could google it but what the heck, I'd rather hear it from someone that has your insight) Energy Field Therapy, I'm guessing?

This is where I find myself, but the question is: can this place of non-action allow me to heal? I am on a journey, the same as each of you are who are participating on this forum. I have a feeling that the journey never ends but goes on and on forever into the Light.

I think we become the Light, the more we love our brother. Yes, non-action is the very thing, IMO, that will allow you to heal. Not to go out searching for it, but finding your own maladies within your own actions, specifically gauged by the interactions you have with others. Notice your ego when it flares up, when someone rubs you the wrong way. What is it in you that has the 'hook' that is getting caught up in the reaction? Can you find the hook? It probably was produced many years ago when you were young. The cause for the Effect, the effect that has rolled downhill like a snowball and has gotten larger and larger through the years.

Then, figure out a way to Act to the Opposite. To turn around a negative judgment, like 'What a fat lady', to 'How pretty that lady's hair is!' To counterbalance the scales of our own negativity and judgment.

And our body is talking to us, as discussed previously. The malady that is manifested, whether looking into yourself or another, is symbolic for something much deeper. Sometimes I need to google the malady, if I don't know much about it, and try and figure out what the body is really trying to say. The body also uses common phrases (like Joshua's 'paralyzed with fear' reference above, regarding his father) to tell us. This is triangulation, and it takes very distant eyes and pretty straight innards to be able to see this. But it's a nice thing to think about and start to see the connections in your life or the life of the person that is asking for your assistance. Sometimes the assistance isn't asked for at all, but it's helpful to do it anyway because it helps you understand their situation and relate to them with this knowledge.

EFT is a healing modality combining the use of energy meridians with affirmations. I have noticed that whenever I combine energy work with affirmations the results are better than when using just energy or just affirmations. EFT can be performed by anyone on a novice level with great effect. The energy meridians are activated by tapping on their end points. Anyone can do this. The points are easy to learn. When an end point is tapped, this sends energy down the entire length of the channel. For instance, if you tap on a point under the eye, which is point 1 for the stomach meridian, energy flows through that meridian to the last point which is on the second toe. Repeating an affirmation, such as "headache", is like pulling out the file drawer in that meridian which contains the "blockage" so that it can be swept away by the energy as it moves down the meridian you are tapping on. You don't know which meridian is blocked so you tap on all the points. Often you feel a clearing as you tap on a specific point indicating that you have found the "offending" meridian. With a little intuition you begin to be given the correct affirmations. When doing this for others, you begin to feel when they are cleared. Different aspects of the problem will appear and also need clearing. Some see a visual sign telling them when the problem is cleared or how much more work need to be done. If you are wanting to try this modality, Googling it is the best way to learn EFT. I can answer any questions you have as you go.

I found that running the microcosmic orbit combined with affirmations work just like EFT. I recall being bitten by a recluse spider on my finger. I ran the orbit as I repeated the phrases, "I love you, thank you, the spider poison has left my body." I had flu symptoms, my finger had swollen and a hole had developed at the site of the bite. My kidneys began hurting. Then I was told by an inner voice to drink lots of water. That night I peed a lot and sweat so much that I had to sleep on the sofa, the bed was too wet. In the morning, the swelling was gone, the hole was gone, and I felt OK.

I will tell you about a meditation that I used to first create what I called the melting heart. In your healing thread of last March, you talked about various ways you have found to create a lump in your heart center to produce a greater level of love and compassion to use for healing. I was a Christian at the time, and my teacher was a "Christian Yogi". You can apply this to any other being that you wish, such as Goddess or your Holy Guardian Angel. Here is the meditation:

Feel the nail prints of Jesus in your hands and feet, and a crown of thorns on your head. This activates your chakras. Envision Jesus standing before you. Draw Him into a loving hug. He is a symbol of love. Then draw Him into your body, to merge with you. Lastly, expand your awareness to include the whole world and give the whole world a loving hug.

I did this for three days straight, every fifteen minutes. In the evening of the third day, as I gave the whole world a loving hug, my heart sort of opened up. I began crying. I was filled with this very new feeling of intense love. My heart felt heavy. That was the beginning of this feeling. This reminds me of a quote:

When the heart of a mystic flies, love is everywhere. When the heart of a mystic flies so high that it is lost in heaven, God brings the mystic's heart back and gently places it in his chest filled with ten times more love than it had before it left. (Nirod)

What a wonderful method! I will merge that into my own methods, after studying the meridians. I only wonder at your reference to Headache as being an Affirmation. Would No Headache be a better affirmation?

Funny you should mention being bitten by the spider. I was lovingly trying to get a wasp out of my house yesterday which was up against the window. I tried to cup it gently, telling it I loved him. The cranky old thing bit me anyway, but the sensation from the sting only remained for about 5 seconds. Today it itches just a bit. No sagehood yet, apparently.

Another method that I'm trying on for size - you're familiar with the works of Dr. Emoto and water? Where he speaks either loving or hateful words over the water sample, and then freezes the sample at minus 51 degrees; when he removes it from the freezer, the water just begins to thaw and it's at that time that crystals form. He then studies and photographs the crystalized water at very high magnification. There is an incredible difference in the crystal patterns, whether the words were loving or the words were hateful. The loving crystals are gorgeous, creative, often reflecting the particular word spoken! The hateful crystals are misshapen, dark, ugly. The experiments show water being infused with the entire intelligence, intent and the spoken Word being the causative factors.

When I did the ceremony for Joshua, I had a cup of water up on the table where I had spoken the words 'Healing for Joshua' over the cup of water about an hour before my friend got to my house for the ceremony. In addition to pulling the electricity down from the lit upper globe with the rice, we also dipped our fingers into the water and traced from the top globe down the stalk of the lamp, into the lower globe which was out on a limb; then we traced all the way down the lamp to the ground with the water.

I think it's all about 'bring our intent into the physical'. You bring up Jesus - wasn't there one time where he was healing a deaf man and Jesus spit on his own fingers (water) and placed them into the ears of the man? I wonder if he spoke his intent to his wet fingers; I'll bet he did. Your method of visualizing Jesus with the thorns and nail marks is wonderful; it certainly is a wonderful way to generate the welling up of love in the heart. With Joshua, we used a picture hanging from our gazebo (where the ceremony was) and stared at it for a few moments until we could feel the love, although Joe and I didn't know the boy. The love was felt anyway.

Sometimes, particularly in the summer, I will lay face down on the thick Ohio grass and then in my mind shoot out into space. I can see myself clinging to the planet from a place out in space. I'm about halfway up the globe. For some reason this brings an incredible amount of love to my heart for the planet, sometimes bringing tears to my eyes. It's like clinging to the Mother, and my heart is very soft after I do this.

We're getting close.

Manitou: I only wonder at your reference to Headache as being an Affirmation. Would No Headache be a better affirmation?

I thought you might see a discrepancy there. And now I get to give a little more info. The first thing you do to start an EFT session is to ascertain what the client preceives as his/her problem. Let's use smoking as an example. I classify this as a chronic disease. Second you ask the client on a scale of 1-10, "How much pain is there? Or, "How bad does that memory make you feel?" In the case of smoking the question might be, "How badly do you want to smoke right now?" Next, you have the client tap on the edge of their palm which is opposite their thumb while saying, "Even though I have this problem, I deeply and completely accept myself." This is repeated three times. The point on the hand is the fleshy part which one might use to hit something using a "karate chop". An alternative point is called the sore spot and is on your chest which I'll let you discover in your reading. I recommend the EFT Manuel, a free download. http://eft.mercola.com/ appears to be a good description as well. This part of the session is called the Psychological Reversal.

You will notice that the affirmation part of this is a statement of self-love plus identifying the perceived problem which the client wishes to correct. This is combined with tapping on a specific acupressure point. In the case of chronic diseases, this unlocks the mind so it will accept suggestions, even if only for a brief time, long enough to do EFT tapping which is the next part of the session. The affirmation is shortened down to one or two words which is repeated throughout and acts as a reminder to the subconscious as to what the affirmation is.

The affirmation itself, does not have to be positive or negative. Both work equally as well. For instance, you can say, "I have a problem with smoking," or "I am free of my smoking habit." They will both work the same. The subconscious mind doesn't make a distinction. EFT tapping is about balancing, not removing a negative or adding a positive. Both negative and positive grow into something new, a third neutral energy which is a balanced and healed inner space. This "solves" the perceived problem. There never is a real problem. Recall my quote of ACIM. Sin is an illusion and when you see it as such the problem evaporates because it was never real.

The power behind EFT is that anyone can do it, either on themselves or another. No extensive training is necessary. You DO get better at intuiting what to do. There are levels of dysfunction that often need to be worked through. In the case of smoking, about 5% are cured instantly and the rest have to work through it with patience. (Gary Craig' statistic) For those who have to work through this habit with patience, each time they get the urge to smoke they now have a choice: to give in and smoke or do the EFT tapping for smoking which temporarily removes their urge to smoke.

I hope this helped you understand why the single word headache is an affirmation. Often all that is needed to remove a headache is to do the Psychological Reversal part. I recall being in a training meeting for taking care of the elderly. After the break the lady sitting across from me was holding her head. I asked what was wrong and she said that a migraine was coming on and they last two weeks, with a sigh of resignation. I talked her into trying EFT. She look quite startled after saying, "Even though I have a headache I deeply and completely accept myself," three times while tapping the karate point. The headache was gone ... like magic.

Manitou: Another method that I'm trying on for size - you're familiar with the works of Dr. Emoto and water?

Yes, I have played with this quite a lot actually. We used to have a card with "I love you" and the Reiki symbols on it taped to our water jug. Since I am 75% water, I thought I'd put a similar card in my wallet to work on my body. I can't say I had any results. How can you measure the effectiveness of something like that? I was filming a workshop years ago on kinesiology. The teacher had two pieces of wood, one of them she told how much it was loved and the other she yelled at and kicked. One of the group would stand up front and hold one of the pieces of wood while the teacher tested the strength of the other arm. The hated wood made the arm weak and the loved wood made the arm strong. This was a blind test since the pieces of wood were identical except to the teacher of course. Lots of people in the workshop came up to hold the wood and the results were always the same.

We did another test which was enlightening. A person, let's call her the subject, left the room while the teacher gave us instructions. The subject returned and stood in front with four people surrounding her saying "I hate you" to them selves. The subject's arm was weak. Then one of the four began saying, " I love you." The subject's arm then tested as strong. It only took one out of four to say, "I love you" to override the effects of hate.

So yes, I believe in the work of Masaru Emoto.

The Hugging Jesus meditation is actually a very old Hindu meditation; of course another deity was used.

Manitou: Sometimes, particularly in the summer, I will lay face down on the thick Ohio grass and then in my mind shoot out into space. I can see myself clinging to the planet from a place out in space. I'm about halfway up the globe. For some reason this brings an incredible amount of love to my heart for the planet, sometimes bringing tears to my eyes. It's like clinging to the Mother, and my heart is very soft after I do this.

Very cool.

I am reading about qigong healing this morning. I've worked with this before but I didn't call it qigong. This other perspective is instructive.

Edited by traveler

Me too :)

Hi Mal - nice to know you're participating in our eclectic conversation, mentally at least!

Traveler, thank you so much for taking the time to lay that out - I will definitely take a look at that website, very interesting stuff. Incidentally, I got to see the synchronistic reason for the wasp sting. I had to deliver a 'sting' to a woman yesterday who had met me at a health lecture, she was sitting next to me. She left early but as I was getting up to leave I noticed she had left me her email address and phone number (she did this because of something I had done during the class, I had breached protocol and interrupted the speaker and asked why in the world she would refer to anybody as her 'enemy', which she had). Apparently this struck the young woman next to me enough to leave me her information.

It turns out this young woman is badly addicted to amphetamines, she told me so in an email. She wanted to suck me into her world, she saw some wisdom there she badly wanted. As in AA, I realize it is useless to work with wet ones until they find their own motivation to conquer their addiction; the synchronicity of all this is that I did deliver a Sting yesterday and told her to contact me after she gets 3 months sobriety under her belt. The poor thing is living so badly within her own universe she doesn't notice that anyone else is around, a truly addicted mindset. I can't give her the motivation, nor do I want to try.

I expected her to try and talk me into sticking around, helping her. She did exactly the opposite. This morning I got an email from her saying She Was Cool with that, that it was probably exactly what she needed to hear that from me, and that she felt she was close to a breakthrough (which is exactly the wrong perspective, I know....you can't think your way out of the paper bag, all us addicted types have tried!) but the fact remains that she said she would contact me when she had 3 months sober. Interesting. The wasp knew. Maybe it was the motivation she needed.

Now I'm going to get totally bizarre on you, as if we haven't been doing bizarre all along.

Joe and I go to one of two restaurants for breakfast every morning. We always grab one of the many metaphysical books we have around the house and arbitrarily read a paragraph or two over breakfast and discuss it. Yesterday I picked up Mary Baker Eddy's Science and Health as I was going out the door. (She still has a tendency to see Jesus as the all in all, so we have to put that in perspective as we're reading her) Here's the paragraph that I arbitrarily turned to, on page 411, and it's a dynamic that neither of us have broached in this lengthy discussion, but I think there's something here for both of us:

"The procuring cause and foundation of all sickness is fear, ignorance, or sin. Disease is always induced by a false sense mentally entertained, not destroyed. Disease is an image of thought externalized. The mental state is called a material state. Whatever is cherished in mortal mind as the physical condition is imaged forth on the body.

"Always begin your treatments by allaying the Fears of patients. Silently reassure them as to their exemption from disease and danger. (I wonder about her usage of Silently? Did she mean Quietly?) Watch the result of this simple rule of Christian Science, and you will find that it alleviates the symptoms of every disease. If you succeed in wholly removing the Fear, your patient is healed. The great fact that God lovingly governs all, never punishing aught but sin, is your standpoint, from which to advance and destroy the human fear of sickness. Mentally and silently plead the case scientifically for Truth. You may vary the arguments to meet the peculiar or general symptoms of the case you treat, but be thoroughly persuaded in your own mind concerning the truth which you think or speak, and you will be the victor.

More often, within her book, she will refer to error-thinking, which I much prefer to her usage of the word sin - too much baggage for me, too much judgment. But her understanding of the dynamic of fear is something we haven't put onto the table yet (or if you have, maybe I missed it). With Joshua, he must replace Fear with Love, Tolerance, Understanding of his father's alcoholic condition; or the possibility remains that he may re-manifest the Fear in another way. She infers elsewhere in the book that the operative principle is the MINDSET OF THE PRACTITIONER, that the higher mindset will always prevail. Perhaps she meant to use the word 'Silently', I don't know. But it does seem that we MUST help the patient understand that the fear in their mind must be replaced with Love, or else the manifestation may reoccur, the same dynamic will be in action. But she contends that the higher mindset (visualize an aura of sorts) will override and include the lower mindset, thereby dragging the mindset of the one being healed into the higher framework. Do you have any ideas about this?

Edited by manitou

Again, we are the same page and didn't know it. Spotless discussed this concept at the end of your "Are There Any Healers Out There? thread. Here is some of what he said:

... The above hits it squarely on the head - where it lacks is in what appears to be the subtle overall assumption that everyone just wants to "get healed and on with their life". Kind of like we are cars and when we get dented we just want the dent fixed - that we are not interested in learning how to avoid dents or learning real things about our predicament.

Like the alcoholic that just wants to recover from hitting the tree with his car and get back to work.

This is not always the case.

For the most part - Western medicine and the Western patient do not attempt to heal themselves - but ONLY to fix themselves. You have high cholesterol so you take a medicine - (a medicine that says on the label: Will cause liver damage). ...

We can all look at a stubbed toe as a simple stubbed toe. But after you have stubbed your toe a thousand times you start to want to know why you keep stubbing your toe. Obviously your physical toe is hitting something hard and the physical pain is very real and so covering your toes better and not moving quite so much will indeed decrease the number of stubbed toes. BUT - then is dawns on you that this is how "Old" people start becoming Old before their time - they retreat from the world in order to stop the physical problems.

The "real meat and potatoes" never were "physical".

The path of the perfectionist is to construct a pole up their ass until they have a perfect posture, perfect diet and perfect mind.

The result of this path is a very healthy well skinned quietly judgmental fully insulated robot.

The physical is the icing on the cake - it is the wave on the waters surface - a nice curl on a sunny day - it is enjoyed only in moments. Moments that are rare because the "energy" is where ALL the action is and even those trying to understand that lose track of it - mesmerized by the waves. (Are There Any Healers Out There? by Spotless)

That was a good introduction to the topic. Let's add fear and love into the equation with some quotes from two channeled works, one from Emanuel, and the other from P'taah. They both talk a great deal about fear and love and nail your topic down with a grace that I've rarely seen elsewhere.

Fear says, “Give me symbols, give me frozen images, give me something I can rely on.”

Loving truth says, “Only give me this moment,”

Fear would walk you on a narrow path promising to take you where you want to go.

Love says, “Open your arms and fly with me.”

Every moment of your life you are offered the opportunity to choose—love or fear; to tread the earth or to soar the heavens.

Q: Can you give me a mantra to use when I feel lost in my own depression and fear?

A: You come to bring light where there seems to be darkness, to bring love where fear seems to be. Remember the purpose of your soul. Then such a time of darkness will seem less like an oppressive weight, but rather like an opportunity. “Where can I see love here?”

When, without even knowing the meaning of it, you say with every inhalation, “I choose love here. I choose love,” you will see the light change and the darkness dispel. Your mind may say, “I don’t understand what happened. All I did was sit here for fifteen minutes choosing love.” Well, mind, that’s all that is required.

The lifeline, the golden rope, is to know that there is such a thing as love, and in that moment you are empowered to choose it. Just that. Even if your heart is breaking and you feel on the edge of collapse, say, “I choose love.” By this mantra you silence the lifelong mantra that would choose fear.

True alchemy is the transformation of the energy of fear into the power of love.

Q: How can I achieve enlightenment?

A: Enlightenment is you undefined by fear.

Do I mean you are already enlightened? Indeed I do. You have only forgotten.

Forgetting is not the truth, remembering is. You will lose nothing of value when you choose to remember, when you choose love.

All you will lose is history. Have you any idea how heavy history is?

Holding onto anger, fear, resentment, and all the stuff of which fear is made is the most impractical thing you can do. It robs your energy. It burdens your heart and makes your body ill. It causes you to despair so that you do not see the sunrise or hear the song of a bird. It interferes with your happiness and takes up entirely too much room in your thoughts. Therefore, something must be done. You are right.

When spiritual paths hold the commandment that you forgive those who have harmed you, you are already heavy-laden with extra guilt. At the moment of hearing that injunction, you have absolutely no intension of letting those who have wounded you off the hook.

Rather than berate yourself for holding negative feelings, let us take a more practical approach. Examine each resentment to find its core of truth. What was going on inside you as you chose resentment or forgiveness? You always have a choice between love or fear. Resentment is a form of fear.

Now move into the present as though you were a brand-new tribunal, which of course you are. With your next breath, your angry response from the past is totally irrelevant. When I speak of living in the Now, when I speak of releasing yourself from history, I am offering you just this choice with every breath you take. You carry around great knapsacks of irrelevancy and you wonder why you are tired. (Emanuel)

There are only two expressions truly upon your plane. One is love and all that wondrousness that goes with it and everything which is not an expression of love is indeed an expression of fear...always, always you may choose. ...

What you are engaged in at this time can be said to be ‘peeling the skins of the onion’, revealing to yourself more and more of who you are. To embrace who you are, to acknowledge that this indeed is the GOD I AM in every facet. In the embrace, in the acknowledgement you create th change that you so fervently desire.

You will not create change by trying to hide from who you are. You will not create the change by invalidating those facets that you see reflected in another, or whether, indeed, it is truly recognized as yourself. It is to know that whatever you invalidate you empower. That is called universal I am. As you invalidate your fear, invalidate your pain, so you bring it forth. The universe does not judge, dear ones. Whatever it is that you are shooting from your being into the universe comes back to you. We remind you that thought does not stay locked up in your head. In fact, in a way it does not even reside in your head. ...

Q: How then do you validate a fear?

A: You acknowledge it.

Q: You acknowledge that you are fearful of that circumstance?

A: Indeed, and it is to accept that the part that is fearful is valid and a divine aspect of who you are. In this way then you may embrace it into who you are. In that embracement the change is created. In this fashion, beloved ones, if you do this and recognize the fear as it occurs you need not experience it in physical reality. If you invalidate the fear, if you push it from you, suppress it, hide from it, then you are putting so much energy into this, that that is exactly what you will attract.

Love is the power of you. When we say enlightenment is the natural result of loving every facet of you absolutely, we do not speak lightly. The first step is taking responsibility for your own creation, called reality. From that place of taking responsibility, you are in your place of power, of choice. ‘I choose love.’

You see, all of you live in fear. Fear is the polarity of love, and fear is everything, every emotional response, every emotional reaction, which is not love. It does not matter what name you give it. You can call it frustration, stress, anger, jealousy, possessiveness, lusting after power, greed, abuse. All of it, all of it which is not love is simply a manifestation of fear.

Now, what happens when you are in that place of fear? You try to overcome it, push it away, overpower it, run away, put it behind you, hide it under the carpet. You have been taught to do thusly, to be strong, to overcome all. It is part of your programming, however it does not work. None of it works. Look at your world. Not exactly a playground of love, is it? So, it is learning how to choose love. All of this is about transforming your life, choosing love, knowing how to choose love.

You know, you cannot transform what you do not own. Those facets of you that you find unacceptable and that you judge negatively, all of those things hidden away, are what run your life. When you own them, you have only to embrace them to create the transformation. It is very simple. Transformation is very simple, but it is about having the tools, the recipes. How do you love what you have hidden from?

It is learning to be your own detective. That is not so difficult if every time that you find yourself in a negative judgment about anything outside of you, you can say, “Aha, there is something in here to look at.”

Transmutation—the ultimate alchemy of the soul. To transmute agony to ecstasy, and how do you do it? Very easy steps, beloved ones, very easy; take responsibility to know that, indeed, you create your own reality absolutely. All, all within your universe, within your personal universe, is a co-creation. Step two: judgment—to align the judgment. Now, how do you align the judgment? It is simply to acknowledge and accept that the fact that you are judgmental is indeed valid. It is who you are. It is also divine expression. Do you understand? It is divine expression because it IS, because it exist, and the only way that you may create the change is by the embracement, by the acceptance and acknowledgement. That creates the alignment—by acknowledgement. To say ‘I am judgmental, I am judging myself, I am judging the situation, I am judging other persons involved, in whatever painful situation it is. I have created it, that I may learn the lesson’.

In this way comes the harmony. To know the pain, which you also judge so harshly, is what encompasses the pearl of wisdom contained within.

Now, as we have said before, it is very difficult for you to align the judgment, when what you really wish to do is to commit murder. We are jesting. Well, we are not really jesting, because indeed very often that is exactly what you wish to do. Take responsibility, align the judgment, and feel the feeling. We will remind you again: Pain is not feeling—pain is resistance to feeling. And as all comes into alignment, so indeed the energy, which is held within your belly by resistance, is released and goes from the solar plexus to the heart. It is truly that simple. It is not something that you do. It is to be allowed. It is to be allowed. In the allowance the transmission occurs. (P'taah)

I highly recommend reading the words of these two other-world beings.

Manitou: But she contends that the higher mindset (visualize an aura of sorts) will override and include the lower mindset, thereby dragging the mindset of the one being healed into the higher framework. Do you have any ideas about this?

This is true but only if you reach a place where you and the client are the same person. On the other hand, the client is acknowledging his/her need to correct something about the situation or they wouldn't be asking you to help with a healing. So, with their permission, you perform some sort of healing - a visualization, a ritual, some herbs - and what you are really doing is correcting some of their beliefs so they can find enough balance to heal their own problem. You might just as well hypnotize them and tell them that there is no problem and that all their beliefs which are arguing with you are removed. I was taught to always replace a corrupted belief, once removed, with a new improved belief, one founded on love and not fear. This is the crux of EFT's effectiveness. There are so may ways of doing this. The Miracle is the product of seeing another as self.

There is a course for every teacher of God. The form of the course varies greatly. So do the particular teaching aids involved. But the content of the course never changes. Its central theme is always, "God's Son is guiltless, and in his innocence is his salvation." It can be taught by actions or thoughts; in words or soundlessly; in any language or in no language; in any place or time or manner. It does not matter who the teacher was before he heard the Call. He has become a saviour by his answering. He has seen someone else as himself. He has therefore found his own salvation and the salvation of the world. In his rebirth is the world reborn. This is a manual for a special curriculum, intended for teachers of a special form of the universal course. There are many thousands of other forms, all with the same outcome. (ACIM, Teacher's Manuel)

The phrase, "God's Son is guiltless, and in his innocence is his salvation" could be restated as: "God's sons and daughter are guiltless, and in their innocence is their salvation, which is our salvation." (This interpretation is spelled out elsewhere in the book.) When you see, I mean really see, someone else as being you, the Atonement becomes active in you. The other person does not have to be a Master such as Jesus was; it does not have to be a guru or teacher; it can be your grouchy neighbor, or a pet. Salvation comes as a result of the illusion dissolving. Seeing the other as self is what does the dissolving.

On the other hand, a guru DOES fill a need, that is to help raise the vibration of those who are being influenced by him/her. The path becomes easier because the guru's energy is assisting. At some point, the student and guru then seem as one being. Blending with a master is a pathway to blending with Spirit or Self, and with All of Creation. Lao Tzu said:

It no longer becomes possible to tell whether it is the student offering himself to the teacher, or the teacher offering herself to the student. One sees only two immaculate beings, reflecting one another like a pair of brilliant mirrors. (Hua Hu Ching, by Lao Tzu)

In the same way, just as the teacher offers his/her energy to the student to raise the level of consciousness of the student, so also does the healer raise the vibration of the healee. They do this by becoming One with the client, even if only for a moment. Healing is a gift from the heart. Where fear's blackness dominates the sick or disturbed, the perfect fearless state of a healer can prevail and bring light.

Loving one's self, or even knowing one's self, requires acceptance of the shadow self. Acceptance of the rejected weaknesses we perceive in ourselves, or "ways that I would never be," or dislikes, is only a mild skirmish with personality or the social self. The intensity of battle increases as we awaken the inner demons that abide as survival mechanisms in our animal nature. The Tibetan spiritual healers recommend transmuting one's own darker emotions and even the client's darkness into positive lighter emotions for the greatest healing power. This can be high-risk, as the stronger spirit wins. (Path Notes, by Glenn Morris)

The Universal Energy is intelligent and need only be shared with the other without expectations for a healing to occur. I do not call myself a healer. I am exploring the possibilities. Your comments are making me think. For that I thank you. I also don't hold onto my opinions as absolutes. No matter how much knowledge or experience one acquires, we all become novices the moment we stumble across something new.

Edited by traveler

Traveler, that is the most awesome post I've ever read on this forum. Or just about anywhere else. Thank you so much for taking the time to pull that all together. I will give a more thoughtful post later - I must study your post today, there's so much there to triangulate.

Someone once said:

Love your Brother as Yourself.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Wear the world as a loose garment.

Love you, Brother.

Edited by manitou

I was just sitting down to reread your last post. I went back a few pages in our thread. Something jumped out at me that I had missed earlier.

Metal; the confusion that the Initiate receives that you mentioned, wherein he had to give up all his metal and then was asked for it again.

The word Mettle comes from Metal. His correct response would seem to be that the only metal he had to give was the mettle in his soul. I looked up a definition of mettle:

a - vigor and strength of spirit or temperament

b - (Shakespeare) - as in 'gentlemen of brave mettle' - quality of temperament or disposition

c - 'on one's mettle' - aroused to do one's best

Origin of Mettle: Alteration of Metal! First known use, 1581. Would that be Shakespeare? (Or Sir Francis Bacon, if you'd rather).

Okay...now I'm really going to study your previous response.

Edited by manitou

Again, we are the same page and didn't know it. Spotless discussed this concept at the end of your "Are There Any Healers Out There? thread. Here is some of what he said:

That was a good introduction to the topic. Let's add fear and love into the equation with some quotes from two channeled works, one from Emanuel, and the other from P'taah. They both talk a great deal about fear and love and nail your topic down with a grace that I've rarely seen elsewhere.

Doesn't seem like the twitterbox will let me highlight your entire quote, probably too much data.

Responding to the Q & A of Emmanuel: Can you give me a mantra to use when I feel lost in my own depression and fear?

This is one beautiful thought..."Remember the purpose of your soul". It is to bring love to the situation, that's all. How simple it all boils down. Mention of the golden rope reminds me of the web of Awareness that Don Juan (Castaneda) reminds us that this universe is: that this web is our eye-to-eye consciousness that keeps it all afloat. That everything is one giant entity with a zillion eyes. That being in Awareness of that, from moment to moment, is our daily challenge. It is my inner knowledge that enlightenment happens the moment we realize that we're enlightened; that in fact we are already enlightened, we have just forgotten.

As to the darkness dispelling with the light (love), I've never seen this not work, once I realized the truth of this. We have a politician of a high rank who uses several mantras: one is "Never squander a good catastrophe"; the other is "Wait And See", which to me is the essence of the Tao, the wu-wei of sorcery. To never squander a good catastrophe is to see the light in the darkness; as the Sage, the illumined one will see the properties of another man's soul and, knowing how he will respond in a given situation, utilize those properties for the higher purpose which he is enabling. To "Wait and See" is akin to John Lennon's "Let It Be", as I see it.

I took Mary Baker Eddy to breakfast again this morning. We turned to page 252.

"When false human beliefs learn even a little of their own falsity, they begin to disappear. A knowledge of error and of its operations must precede that understanding of Truth which destroys error, until the entire mortal, material error finally disappears, and the eternal verity, man created by and of Spirit, is understood and recognized as he true likeness of his Maker.

"The false evidence of material sense contrasts strikingly with the testimony of Spirit. Material sense lifts its voice with the arrogance of reality and says: I am wholly dishonest, and no man knoweth it. I can cheat, lie, commit adultery, rob, murder, and I elude detection by smooth-tongued villainy. Animal in propensity, deceitful in sentiment, fraudulent in purpose, I mean to make my short span of life one gala day. What a nice thing is sin! How sin succeeds, where the good purpose waits! The world is my kingdom. I am enthroned in he gorgeousness of matter. But a touch, an accident, the law of God, may at any moment annihilate my peace, for all my fancied joys are fatal. Like bursting lava, I expand but to my own despair, and shine with the resplendency of a consuming fire.

"Spirit, bearing opposite testimony, saith: I am Spirit. Man, whose senses are spiritual, is my likeness. He reflects the infinite understanding, for I am Infinity. The beauty of holiness, the perfection of being, imperishable glory, - all are Mine, for I am God. I give immortality to man, for I am Truth. I include and impart all bliss, for I am Love. I give life, without beginning and without end, for I am Life. I am supreme and give all, for I am Mind. I am the substance of all, because I AM THAT I AM."

Again, I sometimes think that Mary Baker Eddy may have needed just a bit more evolution, particularly when it comes to her sudden shift in Jesus being the one and only. She sees her healing powers Through Jesus; but on the other hand, it certainly seemed to work for her. I'm guessing that we are allowed to use a proxy, if need be. If she perceived Jesus to be her God, then how can it harm to go through him, or Buddha for that matter, or any other guru one chooses? To me, it just seems like an unnecessary step; but on the other hand, your ideation of feeling the crown of thorns, the holes in his side, may be another side of the same thing. Whatever it takes.

It occurred to me several years ago that an interesting way to get over one's fear of death is to embrace it on a physical level. Road kill works. It's ugly, squishy, smells horrible, and has flies all around it. But to realize that this is nothing more than the beautiful process of decay, one leg of the tripod of life, is to transcend it. I put my hands on it (unless it is ridiculously squished) and carry it off to the side of the road where the vultures and crows can more easily get to it, without putting themselves in harm's way. No gloves, no copping out. Just embracing the decay. It seems to desensitize the senses after a while to the death smell, the seeming ugliness of the event. I'm a true believer in bringing these concepts into the physical. I remember too where somewhere in the New Testament Jesus knelt down and drew something in the dirt. Was this during a stoning of a woman? I can't remember. But my guess is that by drawing a picture of something, or a symbol of some sort, that he was 'bringing it into the physical', much like putting the water (spit) into the man's deaf ears.

Further down in Emmanuel's quote, the channel says "Holding onto anger, fear, resentment, and all the stuff of which fear is made is the most impractical thing you can do." How very much this sounds like the Big Book of AA, the path of the Prodigal Son! The steps are entirely about removing resentments, leaving the space for love. Finding out why the fears (crystallized as resentments) are there, and peeling the onion, removing the layers. Finding our own shadow, realizing that it's nothing more than a shadow, and shining the light on it. When I look back at my first hung over days as a newly recovering alcoholic, little did I know that those steps on the wall, if taken earnestly, would put one's feet onto the path of enlightenment, assuming the recoverer took them seriously. The prodigal son, who would've guessed? After thinking myself a f***-up my entire life to that point, who knew what a golden path that actually was? And how fortunate I feel today to have been an alcoholic for this very reason? There is a statement in the Promises of AA that says something like "If you take these steps earnestly, you will meet some of us trudging the road to happy destiny", or something similar. I had no idea. I was just there because I had humiliated myself by throwing up all over my boyfriend.

I am looking now at the quote of Ptaah. The essence of all of this, as I see it, is "take responsibility to know that, indeed, you create your own reality absolutely". Taking responsibility is not easy for people. It's so much easier to see ourselves as a victim, that they did it to us, and to stew in righteous indignation and get to feel all superior. But the truth of the matter is that within ourselves we created the situation, that we brought exactly to ourselves what we needed for our soul growth, that it is the great I Am that we are a part of; that nothing is created that is not created by the I Am, and that we are indeed It. What a mindblowing concept, barely grasp-able. And yet, that understanding must be obtained before healing of self or of another can be accomplished. Unless we use a mental Proxy? Your thoughts, please!

The quote at the end by Lao Tzu within the Hua Hu Ching, that "It no longer becomes possible to tell whether it is the student offering himself to the teacher, or the teacher offering herself to the student. One sees only two immaculate beings, reflecting one another like a pair of brilliant mirrors".

We are all reflections of each other, every moment, every circumstance. We have created it. If we see selfishness in another, it is because we contain selfishness within ourselves. This is perhaps the best way to inspect ourselves and the state of our being; how judgmental are we on any particular day? What have we drawn to ourselves? What have we manifested?

Yes, this thread is certainly making me think too. I am grateful that you are here. There is something inside me telling me that this twitterbox is about to explode.

Edited by manitou

I liked your Mary Baker Eddy quote a lot.

Manitou: But the truth of the matter is that within ourselves we created the situation, that we brought exactly to ourselves what we needed for our soul growth, that it is the great I Am that we are a part of; that nothing is created that is not created by the I Am, and that we are indeed It. What a mindblowing concept, barely grasp-able. And yet, that understanding must be obtained before healing of self or of another can be accomplished. Unless we use a mental Proxy? Your thoughts, please!

Realizing that "we are indeed it" IS the healing, or at least begins the process. As to your question about using a proxy: It is meaningless for us to claim independence. We cannot be independent because we are not even separate. Since there is no separation between us and other humans or other parts of creation, it is irrelevant whether we use a proxy or not to create a healing. All is One.

When the ego becomes so enlarged that all you can see is the separate Self, all chance of experiencing the unified Self is gone, and you are lost. You have literally become lost in the world of your illusion, and you may remain lost in that illusion for many lifetimes, until you finally bring your Self out of it, or until somebody else - another soul - pulls you out. This is what is meant by "giving you back t o yourself." This is what the Christian churches meant by their concept of a "savior." The only mistake those churches made was in declaring themselves and their religions to be the only way to be "saved," thus reinforcing once again the illusion of separateness - the very illusion from which they would seek to save you! (Conversations with God, bk4, by Neale Walsch)

In truth, there are many levels of consciousness; awareness of each one gives us a new perspective. Yet we can, with some effort, look back and see the perspectives that we have left behind - like remembering how it was to think as a child. And so in one world, there certainly is sin. There is a sun and it casts shadows. In another world there is no need of a sun because we are illuminated by another light, one that casts no shadows. (Bible, Revelations 22:5) Many of the people of this world cannot see this new light but only the old sunlight and its shadows. At the same time, some people CAN see the new light which outshines the old.

See Plato's Allegory of the Cave.

Another angel to this question of using a proxy: What or who is the Higher Self? When the Higher Self comes down and merges with your body, called the Chymical Marriage by the Western Mystics, is this not a gift, the use of another entity to further your personal spiritual evolution? Or are we simply becoming aware of a larger part of our self and merging with that. This merging awakens grace. This higher power makes changes in you that you could not do for yourself. Think of this higher energy as the kundalini. The golden light is filled with grace and is certainly a form of using a proxy. Jesus represents this grace to the Christians. What changes do this higher energy make in us? It swallows up our fear. It also consumes our thoughts and emotions, all thoughts and all emotions, until we find ourselves in a Nothingness. "No center, just a diffused feeling," as Osho describes this. Then when the moment arrives, you burst out of the Nothingness into a Golden Dawn.

Edited by traveler

As to your question about using a proxy: It is meaningless for us to claim independence. We cannot be independent because we are not even separate. Since there is no separation between us and other humans or other parts of creation, it is irrelevant whether we use a proxy or not to create a healing. All is One.

I think you are spot on there. We must remember that time and space is an illusion; that we are not separate from each other, and that if we wish to use a proxy such as Jesus or some Rinpoche, then all we need to do is to get into the consciousness of that proxy. The proxy is Here Now.

In truth, there are many levels of consciousness; awareness of each one gives us a new perspective. Yet we can, with some effort, look back and see the perspectives that we have left behind - like remembering how it was to think as a child.

Funny you should say this. Just this morning at breakfast Joe and I were watching a young boy, maybe 6 years old, dipping his knife into a small jam container and letting it drip into his mouth. I asked Joe 'can you remember doing that as a young boy?' and we both mentally tried to put ourselves into the boy's mind, with our own young histories to draw upon for the feelings. He was sitting across from his grandfather, assumedly - and just saying anything that came off the top of his head, as kids do. Granddad was trying to read the paper, wasn't much amused by the boy's inane remarks or questions. Can you not remember doing exactly the same thing to an older person when you were a kid? Like asking 'Are we there yet?' over and over to your folks in the car, much to their aggravation. Can you feel your own young impatience because of your excitement and anticipation?

When I first started studying Plato's Allegory of the Cave, it first occurred to me that it was quite a convoluted way of saying 'Through a Glass Darkly!', the prisoners in the cave, chained with their limbs or their heads unable to move at all, back to the burning sun up behind them, seeing all manifestation as shadows on a screen sort of thing. But the allegory was more impactful the further it went on.

Do you remember the conversation your parents had with you, telling you not to stare at the sun? Do do, I remember the very day my mom told me this. Was it Van Gogh who went crazy staring at the sun? I wonder why he did that. Was it because his genius realized at some point that the answers were contained in the sun, either metaphorically or physically; one of the degrees of the Scottish Rites goes into great detail about how souls are born and emit from the sun, go through the seven planets (chakras, I suspect) to enter the human body, and return through the seven planets to go back to the sun? That the sun is the very purging entity of the souls, purging that which had remained unpurged during the lifetime of the human? Macrocosm / microcosm.

Plato further goes on to substantiate that which you and I have already discussed; that enlightenment is not an end at all, that it is merely the beginning of the true Walk. Think Quan Yin. She achieved her enlightenment and then by choice returned to the groans and moans of humanity, rather than ascend to the place of her own comfort, the place she had earned. And indeed Plato tells us later in the metaphor that that final comfortable ascension is not the purpose at all: "They must be made to descend again to the prisoners of the cave; Not to please themselves, but to be instruments in binding up the State". (Referring to both enlightened citizens and enlightened rulers). He goes on to say "When you are King of Yourself, you are fit to be King of other citizens". This is because when we get to know ourselves, to dig deeply within without fear of what we're going to find, to find the True Self---that we come to See all others as well. We understand their motivations because we understand our own. That we are not different from each other at all, that we are All One and do have the same needs and wants, however contorted by our circumstances and upbringing. The need for Love at the bottom of all remains, even if it becomes disguised in the form of riches, industrial achievement, or any type of ego bolstering. At the bottom we all want and need the same thing: love. To even want an entity called Wisdom is of the ego. It is a desire to set apart ourselves from our Brothers and stand out, to be placed above. And yet that is the very motivating factor that brings us to ourselves, usually. The desire for Wisdom; however I suspect that at some point the desire for Wisdom as an outreach of ego is supplanted with the desire for Truth, real Truth, if we're lucky. This is where and why conscious subjugation of our own egos is necessary for the final leap.

Another angel to this question of using a proxy: What or who is the Higher Self? When the Higher Self comes down and merges with your body, called the Chymical Marriage by the Western Mystics, is this not a gift, the use of another entity to further your personal spiritual evolution? Or are we simply becoming aware of a larger part of our self and merging with that. This merging awakens grace. This higher power makes changes in you that you could not do for yourself. Think of this higher energy as the kundalini. The golden light is filled with grace and is certainly a form of using a proxy. Jesus represents this grace to the Christians. What changes do this higher energy make in us? It swallows up our fear. It also consumes our thoughts and emotions, all thoughts and all emotions, until we find ourselves in a Nothingness. "No center, just diffused feeling," as Osho describes this. Then when the moment arrives, you bust out of the Nothingness into a Golden Dawn.

My own metaphor for this is symbolized by the physical thing I am doing now.....when I earlier mentioned putting my forehead to the floor several times a day. It started out as a desire to heal the arthritis in my knees, but it is turning into so much more. I have added a candle to this ceremony, which I designate as the flame of Kundalini within me, which does burn constantly. However, by subjugating myself below this flame when I place my forehead to the floor, I am subjugating myself to the Kundalini spirit, the One within - and reminding myself every time I do it that I only wish to be a vessel for whatever wants to emit through me. For my ego to get out of the way so that the flow can go through straightly and unimpeded by my own contortions.

What a Catch-22 we're placed in, it occurs to me. We must retain enough ego to stay out of oncoming traffic, and yet find the perfect balance so that we are channeling straightly, without contortion.

As to rulers of the State, where Plato eventually ends up - this reminds me so much of The Art of War (and the Sage in the TTC) and the reluctant general. It is the reluctant general that wins, the reluctant leader that rules wisely. They let all come to them, they do not stir the pot prematurely. They know by Letting It Be that all will align as it is naturally supposed to; the best leader will be the one stirring the pot most infrequently. They will be accused of leading from behind. Which they are doing. As Plato says at the end:

"Whereas the truth is that the State in which the rulers are most reluctant to govern is always the best and most quietly governed, and the State in which they are the most eager, the worst." Huzzah.

Edited by manitou

An interesting aside for you....I have been having this incredible discussion with a being known as Traveler. This morning I woke up and saw on the news the white horse of Tommy Trojan (USC), whose name is Traveler. I said to Joe, if I see another Traveler anywhere, something is up. Sure enough, we walked into Tractor Supply this morning and the first thing that met my eyes was a big stack of Traveler anti-freeze bottles.

I have a feeling I'm going to be taking a trip soon. I hope it's not my mother dying in California.