Sign in to follow this  
lino

question about the microcosmic orbit

"Perineo", in Spanish, and "perineoa" in Basque :P And it comes from latin "perinaeon" and greek "περίναιος".

Anyway, 45 minutes is a great bunch of time, isn't it? I think it's normal to have nauseas after so much time doing the same thing (more if you're stood up).

I use to have shocks of energy with the first muscle contractions of the perineum and the anus, that goes from my muladara to my head. Of course, they're accompanied by muscle shocks.

After moving some sex energy along the path I continue the practice without sex, and it flows more freely and rapidly.

at first it felt like a slight vibration, then it picked up so much power that it cramped my scalp. From the time that I posted the initial message at the top of this thread, the jing waned and has been increasing significantly for the last day and a half.

I've bottomed out on two of the three biorhythms and it might have something to do with it. The only one that didn't bottom out was emotional...(along with early results) probably contributed to my uncharacteristic optimism :blink: (meridians widening and macrocosmic orbit opening in a tremendous way maybe) The sensitivity has heightened tremendously in my hands and feet.

I didn't have shocks with the first muscle contraction, but I did notice that they get significantly stronger as more practice is put in a session. I felt a slight vibration (like air being pushed through) at the very beginning and it was very encouraging at the time since most people have to "visualize" it.

I switch tactics in order to keep myself going into what I feel is the right direction. I'm going to have to time the middle of my next down swing with the reduction of a habit. I'm afraid to quit smoking entirely because it usually quadruples (at least) my jing production and I have a sense of moderation in that I don't want to shock my system with that kind of voltage. I advocate moderately progressive overload, adaptation, and changing of tactics :lol:

I'll have to start correlating modern exercise theory with taoist theory so that I won't hit a sticking point for too long. For an example:

squats and most leg work = rooting and grounding

plyometrics, jumping rope = bone washing and tendon/muscle changing

core work, pilates, deadlifts, back extensions = dan tien awareness, general body awareness, posture

What got me into qigong in the first place was modern exercise theory since I saw a comment on one of Charles Poliquin's editorials that energy medicine (qigong, yoga, acupuncture, acupressure, and etc.) is the Way of the future. On average, his clients have made a 9-10% gain in strength with a qigong regiment. It didn't say how long they were on the qigong regiment but I keep in mind that what Mr.Poliquin suggests has to work very fast, otherwise his clientele looks elsewhere. His clients are usually elite athletes that are at the top of their game. I assume that at the elite levels, even a 1/2% gain in a month's time is an extreme jump.

On a physical level, qigong is incredible.

at first it felt like a slight vibration, then it picked up so much power that it cramped my scalp. From the time that I posted the initial message at the top of this thread, the jing waned and has been increasing significantly for the last day and a half.

I've bottomed out on two of the three biorhythms and it might have something to do with it. The only one that didn't bottom out was emotional...(along with early results) probably contributed to my uncharacteristic optimism :blink: (meridians widening and macrocosmic orbit opening in a tremendous way maybe) The sensitivity has heightened tremendously in my hands and feet.

Chi gung will definately change how you "feel". That is one of the main focuses of chi gung is feeling during practice. Getting out of your head is another way to put it. Kinesthetic another.

Taoist mytisism did a nice job of preserving a healthy optimism towards observing the most naturally occuring things. Especially not thinking about anything. Chi Gung practice is renowned for adjusting and balancing biorythmic energy cycles on many levels.

One of the first breathing exercises I learned was to elongate and lengthen the breath cycle. The idea being that the body in turn adjusts the mind to be in tune w/ the rhythm. This in turn lengthens and suspends the space between the breaths. The longer and slower the vibration the smoother the ride. This seems to have a certain dialating effect on awareness, say from central to peripheral. A good time to practice is morning before tai ji or chi gung or evening before sleep; one subjective result possibly being a ride into dream lucidity.

I didn't have shocks with the first muscle contraction, but I did notice that they get significantly stronger as more practice is put in a session. I felt a slight vibration (like air being pushed through) at the very beginning and it was very encouraging at the time since most people have to "visualize" it.

I switch tactics in order to keep myself going into what I feel is the right direction. I'm going to have to time the middle of my next down swing with the reduction of a habit.

There is a wide scope to draw from here in relationship to what your energy is being used on. After I was convince chi was real simply by slowing down my breathing, the next series of primary lessons were to learn to tune and adjust the basic ways Chi enters and leaves the body. I thought huh? What about the Gung? But the most basic practical approach is done in a most simple, and so very Chinese! Through methodical Breathing Exercises, Diet, and Health Movements done in perscription or routines outside of the habitual.

An example of these basic evening talks from a chance encounter over 10 years ago now is coming directly into play w/ my relationship w/ coffee... 24 days to go.

So it was Chi and the Human Body 101: Air Chi, Food & Water Chi, Other Sources of Chi (Meditation/Chi Gung/TaiJiQuan/Gung Fu) After seeing how super duper good food and water makes you feel after opening your pores w/ chi gung or yoga or whatever gets your chi flowing, some type of personal form of PrOgressive-Creative Art are great release valves. For me it naturally fed into the Martial. Overcome through yeilding. Taoist approach to combat. By defeating the opponent inside you can respond to attack clearly. Something like Y0da would say.

I'm afraid to quit smoking entirely because it usually quadruples (at least) my jing production and I have a sense of moderation in that I don't want to shock my system with that kind of voltage. I advocate moderately progressive overload, adaptation, and changing of tactics :lol:

Exercise #1: 2lb barbell weight: hold it up 45 degree towards a corner in the room. Look through the center into the corner, breath naturally. With the gung going get ruff; breath naturally. When your arm burns, breath naturally and r-e-l-a-x, do not under any circumstance "quit" before making a stream of adjustments to continually float yourself in the center of wu ji. Consciousnly choose to return your arm to it's resting position in time w/ your breathing. Switch sides.

Exercise #2: Place hand on a table at rest, preferablly after exercise #1. Raise your hand 1 inch off the table. Relax and replace it on table. Repeat reducing the height in half. Repeat reducing the height by half until your hand is not visably moving. COntinue to reduce movement by half until it's just the intent. Reverse the exercise.

These are exercises you can do to help develop a proper wuji foundation if done daily. Longevity Arts are Accumulative.

These are also examples of games to play to put the body into various metabolic states. Chi Gung is the study of riding the edges of the various states of routine metabolism including regulation of heat and energy conversions. It's a brilliant tradition with the whole history of traditional (folk not TCM) chinese medicine as it's foundation.

I'll have to start correlating modern exercise theory with taoist theory so that I won't hit a sticking point for too long. For an example:

Listen to your body.

squats and most leg work = rooting and grounding

Opening / WuJi / Trinity Postures / TaiJiQuan in 2nd or 3rd depth stance.

plyometrics, jumping rope = bone washing and tendon/muscle changing

Chi Gung or TaiJiQuan done very slowly w/ progressive resistance load + punching and kicking slowly shaping and conditioning hands/feet through continually good alignment

core work, pilates, deadlifts, back extensions = dan tien awareness, general body awareness, posture

Gung Fu "Moves" & "Weapons" "Standing Meditation" Learn what you can, in todays my way right away ufc world we are living in days where pre-cultural revolution masters are still alive and are teaching, by the end of our lifetimes they will be gone, and hopefully they will pass on as much cultural wisdom as possible in order to preserve it.

What got me into qigong in the first place was modern exercise theory since I saw a comment on one of Charles Poliquin's editorials that energy medicine (qigong, yoga, acupuncture, acupressure, and etc.) is the Way of the future.

I even heard it called Ancient Technology.

On average, his clients have made a 9-10% gain in strength with a qigong regiment. It didn't say how long they were on the qigong regiment but I keep in mind that what Mr.Poliquin suggests has to work very fast, otherwise his clientele looks elsewhere. His clients are usually elite athletes that are at the top of their game. I assume that at the elite levels, even a 1/2% gain in a month's time is an extreme jump.

On a physical level, qigong is incredible.

Preach it brother, preach it! Uh Huh!

Edited by Spectrum

Just another point related to breathing:

When practicing kumbaka (air retention) Ida and Pingala get closed, and all the energy is redirected to Susuma. Added to it, the pressure in muladara increases, forcing kundalini to wake up.

So, it's a good exercise to practice energy work putting an special attention in the breathing pattern.

Just another point related to breathing:

When practicing kumbaka (air retention) Ida and Pingala get closed, and all the energy is redirected to Susuma. Added to it, the pressure in muladara increases, forcing kundalini to wake up.

So, it's a good exercise to practice energy work putting an special attention in the breathing pattern.

I know Ida and Pingala are the two channels on the hard palate. What is Susuma?

Susuma is the central chanel, through where kundalini should ascend (your spine). If you stop your breathing Ida and Pingala get closed and Susuma opened, and vice versa.

Susuma is the central chanel, through where kundalini should ascend (your spine). If you stop your breathing Ida and Pingala get closed and Susuma opened, and vice versa.

This is the way that I pack as much power into the MaCO and MCO as possible. I try to get in as many taint lifts (perineum pumps) and butt crunches during an abdomen vacuum as possible, usually 9 or 10 pumps. I've given thought to getting some sort of a bag that is 15 to 20 pounds, lying down, and doing buddhist breathing with the bag on my stomach. I'm trying to cultivate as much internal power as quickly as I can safely so that I can avoid injury. Youth and vigor last to an very advanced age if the body stays capable.

This is the image of TRUE health:

http://wongkk.com/images-general/dragon02.jpg

I've noticed that a lot of martial artists when they do visit a gym are pushing double bodyweight plus on the bench and triple bodyweight on the squat, for low repetition rather than a single, without a belt and without wraps. It shows a tremendous amount of core power.

I feel I get a lot out of a class setting but it's not my preferred way of learning. I'll move slower but the hassle of trying to "feel" something in between classes when I couldn't "feel" it in the class is something I want to avoid.

Sign in to follow this