sree

The Tao of Dying

Just curious, have you heard of shared NDEs? It's something less talked about but it's one reason for those left behind to experience the moment of death with loved ones.

You mean like the team of physicians (who were attending to Dr Eben during his coma) riding that butterfly wing along with Dr Eben? So what if that happened? Then, you would have half a dozen neurosurgeons attesting to proof of Heaven on top of the Pope and 1.2 billion of his flock.

It is we who create the national health system to pander to our fear of incapacity and death. And it is we who create the health insurance and drug industries to exploit the opportunities to keep us going as long as we want on pain-killers, prosthectics, wheelchairs, transplants, and life-support machines. Have you noticed that, in nature, animals live without hospitals and health insurance? In that sense, animals, other than humans, are true Daoists.

Talking about what's wrong with us, I just read that Angeline Jolie had a double mastectomy. She had both breasts removed because she reckoned she had an 87% chance of getting breasts cancer as that disease ran in her family. I don't think this is something that fits in with the Tao of dying. Naturally, women in her situation don't want to take the chance and prefer to cut those damn things out before they show the first trace of cancer for fear of cancer cells spreading elsewhere.

I guess it's a case of damned if you do it too late and damned if you do it too early. What do you say?

I have my mom and aunt lecturing me now and then about how I should start going and getting mammograms. They have both had scary results from this test and gone and gotten biopsy, which turned out to be benign and no cause for alarm. Either I'm fine or they'll tell me things I don't want to know, so I don't see a reason to get it.

You are opening a can of worms here, figuratively-speaking. Are you now citing encounters of a third kind to back up your "near-death experience" claim of an afterlife?

Let's leave Grandma be, bless her soul. I want to know more about that off planet being back in 1983. What did it look like?

First off sree - Grandma was a lady not to be messed with! She may visit you and give you a little smack ! :D Nan was a strict Catholic in her life on this planet, and no one risked her wrath! When she visited me she filled my bedroom up with a beautiful golden light!

Back to 1983!!! :D

First off, I have been an abductee from the age of 5. Although it is a slow process of recovering my memories, in time I'll piece the story of my abductions together; patience is the key.

My conscious interest in alien life and UFO's began when I was 11 or 12. I saw my first UFO at this time, and ruled out the usual suspects because of the hap hazard way this UFO was moving! No plane or helicopter could have done these twists and turns! We lived near an airport so I was well versed in flying machines in 1972! So a little background flavor there!!!

In 1983. I was in bed and had awoken to visit the bathroom, before I got up a figure began to materialize right in front of me - like a Star Trek scene. Little specks of light began forming from the base upwards until it revealed a 6 or 7 foot figure. Sadly this is all I remember, I am working on trying to retrieve more; but what I do know is whoever is responsible for these abductions they can manipulate time! They also have the ability to give me what I call 'screen dreams' to cover up what is happening, and I know when this is happening - 'they' don't like this! What they have done to remedy my ability to suss them out is to block out my dreams when I am being abducted - so I am trying to figure a way around this.

Through research I have read about MILABS, Military Abductions(Military Industrial Complex working with, say the greys), who I believe are responsible for my current abductions. I have military connection, and my Dad and brother also did. Again through research I discovered the screen dream phenomena, and spooked 'them' out in mid screen dream by telling 'them' I knew what they were up to!

I wake up with strange markings on my body, one such occasion was when I had what appeared to be the outline of some kind of light bulb on my back! Now unless I levitated to the bedroom light during the night how on earth can that be explained? Other markings include bruises and needle marks - often in triangular shapes.

Last year my wife and I saw a huge UFO with flashing lights just vanish right before our eyes! We have also seen 3 UFO's within 45 minutes. I have a photo of a UFO(frisby shaped) taken in October 2011 at around 4pm, when I took the photo I was not aware of the UFO! My reason for the photograph was chemtrails!

I'll try and post the photo up if possible.

Namaste,

gentlewind

I have my mom and aunt lecturing me now and then about how I should start going and getting mammograms. They have both had scary results from this test and gone and gotten biopsy, which turned out to be benign and no cause for alarm. Either I'm fine or they'll tell me things I don't want to know, so I don't see a reason to get it.

Right on, sister! I haven't had my blood pressure checked in 15 years. As long as I can pound the pavement or the treadmill at nice steady clip for half an hour a day, I am ok. We mustn't let them get us. Look at the lilies in the fields, they neither sew nor spin. We've got to find the Tao of dying, the way out of this prison of fear that is meant for the Devil and his angels.

Edited by sree

There's no point in fearing death no matter what belief you have, unless you believe in hell and think you bought the one-way-ticket. Ofcourse when death comes all this debating in thinking of death will be like nothing. You will then experience fear or not. The natural way is not to fear but conditioned belief says you should fear because it's the end.

Forget about Hell. Even if 72 virgins await me on the other side of death, I am still fearful. You know why? It's all BS, that's why. You know it, I know it, and sounds like even the Three Pure Ones know it.

Acting naturally and without fear saved me atleast once, that was before I had even heard of the DDJ.

Are you saying that right action in an expression of truth is possible without the Tao Te Ching? Sure, if you are a monkey. Humans are something else and they need a manual to sort themselves out.

Yes, but that would be catastrophe for stocks of those companies involved would it not?

In Tao heaven, there are no insurance and drug companies. Squirrels don't invest in Pfizer and Humana. What's the matter with you?

It was a move based on fear and I can't understand it from any of the viewpoints I regularly juggle including western materialism. Wonder if she got any money out of it? I'm guessing some people have already booked operations to follow in her footsteps.

Don't you have any pro-active, preventive measures against debilitating diseases? What's your health plan?

I agree with you! Plus I've heard some horror stories about mammograms. I believe if we can live a balanced and ethical life we can avoid serious(and none serious) illnesses. I have a genetic condition which puts me at risk of developing more cancers, however I've been cancer free since 2009. This is partly due to my attitude towards my condition and the Love of my beautiful wife - she is amazing! Also we are not meat eaters, which I know is contributing towards my good health(although I do have a variety of ongoing health issues especially in the Ear Nose and Throat department following my 2009 operation to remove a nasal tumor). I will be focusing on these health issues and applying healing, so this will be a very interesting journey. I have suffered from depression for 30 or so years, but since I have been exploring consciousness my bouts of depression have almost disappeared.

I am myself considering my own forthcoming medical examinations as every year I undergo a Gastroscopy and Pouchoscopy to keep a check on the polyps I have in my stomach and duodenum and my S-Pouch(ileo anal pouch). Do I really want to put this rented vehicle through a series of unpleasant procedures? Easy answer is no! I've also decided if I encounter cancer again I will not be heading for the surgeon's knife, this time I will head towards Mother Nature. Cannabis Oil(please check 'Run From The Cure' by Rick Simpson on You Tube) will be my first option!

Namaste,

gentlewind

Do I really want to put this rented vehicle through a series of unpleasant procedures? Easy answer is no! I've also decided if I encounter cancer again I will not be heading for the surgeon's knife, this time I will head towards Mother Nature.

You took a long time to come to this frame of mind: head towards Mother Nature. Considering that you have a long track record of relying on doctors and hospitals, making a shift away from them is a big deal.

Is it Ross's Stage 5 (Acceptance) or a sudden change of heart? Did you discuss this with your wife?

Cannabis Oil(please check 'Run From The Cure' by Rick Simpson on You Tube) will be my first option!

You sound pretty upbeat for someone battling with health problems.

• Like 1

You took a long time to come to this frame of mind: head towards Mother Nature. Considering that you have a long track record of relying on doctors and hospitals, making a shift away from them is a big deal.

Is it Ross's Stage 5 (Acceptance) or a sudden change of heart? Did you discuss this with your wife?

You sound pretty upbeat for someone battling with health problems.

sree, yes you are correct! I wish I'd have been in this frame of mind in 2003 when I was given the news of my bowel cancer. The doctor who informed me, a lovely man, has himself departed this dense plane of existence - his final battle was with bowel cancer. This doctor was a genuinely nice soul, very caring, and when the nurse told me of his about his battle I was upset and shocked. When he told me I smiled and said thanks! My brother went to pieces though, mainly because we'd seen our father suffer and die of cancer back in 2001, so this was a shock to him. I had to reassure those around me! Being a laid back hippy helps :D

In 2003 I was not aware of the wonderful resources Mother Nature has, and so I was blind to the infinite variety of cancer cures; cannabis oil was the first one I researched - but only after my 2009 encounter with cancer! 2003 was when I was informed of my genetic illness, so 2003 was a bumper year for change! I am now wiser(or am I!) in 2013, and I question everythin - beginning with me!

My wife fully understands and supports my decision. We are both wary of going to the white coats who claim to be doctors! Only as a last resort!

sree, humor is my 'religion', and Laughter is my 'g_d' ! :D My Dad was a great teacher in the humor lineage !

I laugh at cancer and tell cancer jokes! I don't hate cancer, its there for a reason - because I am totally out of touch with who I truly am! Although I am trying to remedy this! If cancer calls again I'll welcome it, and then turn to Mother Nature.

I would truly appreciate any suggestions regarding gentle(!!!) energy excersises as I am operating(!!!) in a vehicle which is not road worthy, and would like to remedy that if possible - and all things are possible!

Comedy Interlude

Bill Hicks - UFO's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1MuT_KSOo4

Namaste,

gentlewind

• Like 2

Doesn't matter if you don't believe in an afterlife.

It doesn't matter only if you have some other venue of escape; like another realm, for instance. When the time comes, Lord Yama will claw you and drag you out from your cubby hole: that state of sleep in which you are awake. He's going to bang on that body till you wake up.

Ofcourse, you can throw DDJ and all books/writings in the garbage can once you solve the puzzle. It's not like the Laozi started things but atleast I know it's a guide to further along than where I am. It would be impractical not to study it in my situation.

So, where are you along that path from dumbo to bozo? :D

My best health plan is spending time in the park watching trees grow and breathing deeply.

I hope you are not homeless. The only way to watch the trees and breathe deeply without coming on like a bum is to pretend you are a dragonfly.

I tried sitting on a park bench once to watch the trees. It felt good until my elation started to slide as I became aware of the company: squirrels, birds, baby-minders with kids, old folks with walkers, a bozo on his laptop, and a bum breathing deeply and sound asleep on the next bench. None of them work; and except for the squirrels and birds, all of them were economically non-viable.

Edited by sree

A park is trees and outdoors made civilized, but not an improvement. Death can be civilized or uncivilized, but either way it seems most creatures are not happy about it when their time comes.

@gentlewind- thanks for sharing you story, love to you.

• Like 2

Just curious, have you heard of shared NDEs? It's something less talked about but it's one reason for those left behind to experience the moment of death with loved ones.

shared death experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=lWjYjsh8i0w

very interesting. Sadly when my Dad left his body none of his sons' where in the hospital room, but then I've been told that this is the way in certain cases as the soul about to depart would be in great distress if their loved ones were present. I would suggest it would depend on the spiritual evolution of those involved. My Mum also departed without any of her family near.

Namaste,

gentlewind

Edited by gentlewind
  • Like 1

Interesting video. I'm surprised there are so many good vids on youtube on this stuff.

Apparently, our friend gentlewind is better than Ross at studying death and dying.

Nope. Inevitability still doesn't do it for me no matter what image you put in it. It's still irrational to fear death. It's only annoying if life ends early.

So, fear of death is not the issue to you. It is the annoyance of an untimely exit that bothers you. What is it that you are doing that must not be interrupted?

Well that's messed up thinking in your enviroment. Very unhealthy. In my local park there's mostly athletic young people and retired folks. Here no one cares even if you stare at trees. Here even the rare bum is left alone.

Where is "here"? All parks, not including wild life sanctuaries, are outdoors made civilized and designed for very specific purposes. The only park where no one cares if you stare at trees is on Shutter Island.

You have strange problems my friend.

...and sitting on a bench, not that good in my opinion unless your legs are really bad.

My legs are as good as my dog's and my horse's. It was a fine morning and it struck me that I had never set foot in any public park for as long as I could remember. So, I decided to break the pattern, do what other people do, and go stare at trees in the park. I could take in a lot more surveying the surroundings sitting still on the bench and not walking about. The park wasn't my cup of tea, man; and neither was the public library.

Interesting video. I'm surprised there are so many good vids on youtube on this stuff.

yes it is! It informs us of the infinite amount of possibilities which await us when we go bungy jumping Home! I'm planning some fun times, and organising my own funeral! No clergy - no religious clap trap - no black clothing alowed!!!

Celebrate not grieve!

Namaste,

gentlewind

yes it is! It informs us of the infinite amount of possibilities which await us when we go bungy jumping Home! I'm planning some fun times, and organising my own funeral! No clergy - no religious clap trap - no black clothing alowed!!!

Celebrate not grieve!

We are going along with you on this ride, my friend. Vaina and I want shared dying, near-death and death experiences - the whole nine yards. You are in the driver seat and we are sitting right next to you as you zip into the twilight zone.

I need to check your vital signs every step of the way. Apparently, you are in remission?

How do you feel right now, physically? Any pain or discomfort? Are you taking medications?

How do you feel right now, psychologically?

We are going along with you on this ride, my friend. Vaina and I want shared dying, near-death and death experiences - the whole nine yards. You are in the driver seat and we are sitting right next to you as you zip into the twilight zone.

I need to check your vital signs every step of the way. Apparently, you are in remission?

How do you feel right now, physically? Any pain or discomfort? Are you taking medications?

How do you feel right now, psychologically?

You know what sree, I, my consciousness feels great! The real me is rocking!

As for my physical apparatus, well, its in poor shape as you know! As for the meds, I take heavy duty pain killers!

The ride will be freaking amazing.............yeeeeee haaaaaaaw!!!

Time for Bill Hicks...................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMUiwTubYu0

Namaste,

gentlewind

You know what sree, I, my consciousness feels great! The real me is rocking!

If that is the case, then your painkillers must be effective. How do you deal with managing your life? Doesn't your physical condition stops you from having a regular job? I can't stop thinking about making enough money to go on living my life. How do you deal with this on top of managing your abnormal bodily functions?

As for my physical apparatus, well, its in poor shape as you know! As for the meds, I take heavy duty pain killers!

What kind of painkillers? Heroine?

The ride will be freaking amazing.............yeeeeee haaaaaaaw!!!

You are making the ride amazing. I hope we can keep up with you.

If that is the case, then your painkillers must be effective. How do you deal with managing your life? Doesn't your physical condition stops you from having a regular job? I can't stop thinking about making enough money to go on living my life. How do you deal with this on top of managing your abnormal bodily functions?

What kind of painkillers? Heroine?

You are making the ride amazing. I hope we can keep up with you.

Although my pain killers are good (yes H based!)they don't block all my pain, but I have learnt to tolerate the situation. Having an internal pouch is like having a nagging partner 24/7(not that my wife nags - she's a real angel!), even in my 9th year with the S Pouch I still find it frustrating! Alas, I must try and live in harmony with the pouch, I should look at it as my Teacher. Not wishing to be too graphic but the worst times are when I'm spending 5 hrs emptying the pouch every evening, this is on top of my 12-13 other trips to the bathroom!

sree, I have never been money orientated - never! My brother(a former lawyer) spent 2 yrs in prison due to his obsession with money! For me, its never posed a problem. I have been well looked after by the unseen Light forces of the Universe, I've never really struggled(although I have experienced 'low' episodes in my life when I was homeless for a brief spell), always been treated well by Life. My encounters with cancer I viewed as lessons, and my first encounter eventually led to me meeting my wonderful wife some 7 months after my now ex wife leaving me(she couldn't cope with my illnesses).

I have a great team of invisible helpers, and I thank them daily - I am eternally greatful. Plus I have my wife and daughter who make this ride truly amazing!

Just 'be' :D

Namaste,

gentlewind

• Like 2

Although my pain killers are good (yes H based!)they don't block all my pain, but I have learnt to tolerate the situation. Having an internal pouch is like having a nagging partner 24/7(not that my wife nags - she's a real angel!), even in my 9th year with the S Pouch I still find it frustrating! Alas, I must try and live in harmony with the pouch, I should look at it as my Teacher. Not wishing to be too graphic but the worst times are when I'm spending 5 hrs emptying the pouch every evening, this is on top of my 12-13 other trips to the bathroom!

I know what you are talking because I did check out your ileoanal problem quite extensively on the internet. I wish I can say I empathize with you but that would be lying. Nobody can ever be in somebody else's situation. I wish we can share your experience to make it easier for you. For instance, Vaina can take your place physically for six months to give you a break so you can be in his situation in Finland staring at trees in parks and breathe deeply. Six months with that ileoanal pouch and Vaina will stop looking for shared experiences of a deadly kind for the rest of his life.

sree, I have never been money orientated - never! My brother(a former lawyer) spent 2 yrs in prison due to his obsession with money! For me, its never posed a problem. I have been well looked after by the unseen Light forces of the Universe, I've never really struggled(although I have experienced 'low' episodes in my life when I was homeless for a brief spell), always been treated well by Life. My encounters with cancer I viewed as lessons, and my first encounter eventually led to me meeting my wonderful wife some 7 months after my now ex wife leaving me(she couldn't cope with my illnesses).

Being money-oriented, as you put it, is not a matter of choice. I too am not money-oriented and wanted to devote my life to finding out the meaning of life. So, I quite my job and decided to turn my mind away from material concerns. This pissed everyone off because it was financial suicide. My determination to go my way ended my relationship with my girlfriend and my family. Who cares, right? I liquidated all my assets and decided I could live a spartan life on the interest my money would earn in the bank without having to work so my mind could be free to stare at trees and seek eternal life. You know what? The 5% interest bank normally paid back then dwindled to zero. Worse still, with Central Bank money printing, my US Dollars deposit was getting thrashed against Indian rupees and Thai baths. Even the option of living on the cheap as a monk in Bangkok was gone? My girlfriend was right. I was a bloody fool. So, I decided to get money-oriented again. The Buddha did the same thing. he gave up asceticism because it was madness.

I have a great team of invisible helpers, and I thank them daily - I am eternally greatful. Plus I have my wife and daughter who make this ride truly amazing!

I don't have invisible helpers. People don't have invisible helpers. If you were my dog, gentlewind, I would put you down. And that would be done out of deep affection. It is the pain of seeing what you have to go through that I seek the Tao of dying.

Edited by sree

I know what you are talking because I did check out your ileoanal problem quite extensively on the internet. I wish I can say I empathize with you but that would be lying. Nobody can ever be in somebody else's situation. I wish we can share your experience to make it easier for you. For instance, Vaina can take your place physically for six months to give you a break so you can be in his situation in Finland staring at trees in parks and breathe deeply. Six months with that ileoanal pouch and Vaina will stop looking for shared experiences of a deadly kind for the rest of his life.

Being money-oriented, as you put it, is not a matter of choice. I too am not money-oriented and wanted to devote my life to finding out the meaning of life. So, I quite my job and decided to turn my mind away from material concerns. This pissed everyone off because it was financial suicide. My determination to go my way ended my relationship with my girlfriend and my family. Who cares, right? I liquidated all my assets and decided I could live a spartan life on the interest my money would earn in the bank without having to work so my mind could be free to stare at trees and seek eternal life. You know what? The 5% interest bank normally paid back then dwindled to zero. Worse still, with Central Bank money printing, my US Dollars deposit was getting thrashed against Indian rupees and Thai baths. Even the option of living on the cheap as a monk in Bangkok was gone? My girlfriend was right. I was a bloody fool. So, I decided to get money-oriented again. The Buddha did the same thing. he gave up asceticism because it was madness.

I don't have invisible helpers. People don't have invisible helpers. If you were my dog, gentlewind, I would put you down. And that would be done out of deep affection. It is the pain of seeing what you have to go through that I seek the Tao of dying.

My condition, or conditions are perfect for me. No one else would benefit by stepping into my body, because it isn't meant for anyone else ! I have accepted the body I have and all that comes with it, my illnesses are my various teachers; I am learning, slowly, but I am learning!

Having an ileo anal pouch(when I first did a Google search on this term I ended up with a page full of porn links :blink: ) is my hardest lesson. The 5 or 6 hours spent emptying the pouch is a tough endurance event, maybe its to teach me patience ! But, its catered for me to experience - although I would appreciate a break :D

After my first operation(14 hrs) I had a temporary colostomy bag which was fun - I even called it Fred Stoma ! It was meant to be there for 3 months whilst I recovered from the operation, but due to the onset of renal failure an emergency operation was performed to evict Fred Stoma ! An interesting statistic from operation one is a weight loss of 42 lbs ! After the first operation I was in a chemical coma for two weeks, and then the fun began. When it came for me to try and go to the washroom on my own after weeks recovering I discovered I couldn't walk !!! I gently got myself to the edge of the bed then attempted to stand up - but fell straight to the floor ! So I had to learn to walk all over again ! The reason for this mishap was the duration of the operation with my legs being in straps for 14 hrs and had cut into my nerves.

I have some real horror stories regarding my recovery when I went to the pits of hell ! The pain was constant, I really despaired and contemplated suicide. Serious contemplation. Only my daughter kept me from carrying out this act. She knows all about this very dark period, and I told her because she deserves to know how she helped me through my tough recuperation period.

sree, having money is not necessarily a negative thing because we need money to negotiate our way through the current barbaric system. Money is so unnecessary, it really is ! It only serves a small percentage of the world's population. Discovering who you truly are whilst living a 'normal' life is the goal. Renouncing the material world only works if you enter a monestary or convent depending up your gender, because your needs are catered for within the walls of the aforementioned institutions. Also of benefit is finding a commune which is self sufficient.

But, that was all part of your story, you had to do what you did. You did nothing wrong because you have learnt lessons from that experience. Life always presents you with the teachers and lessons you need - perfectly tailored for your needs ! You are where you are now because of what you have done in the past. Every situation, person, lesson and teacher has brought you to where you are now.

Invisible helpers ! We all have them ! I'm not expecting you to believe me sree, hopefully you will experience it for yourself. I know for sure that I have not reached where I am now without the help of my Invisible Helpers, my Gran is one of them ! Some folk call their helpers angels or guardian angels, and thats fine too. I have experienced the guidance of my Invisible Helpers in certain situations, for example when I was given the news of my cancer in 2003. Another is when my Dad left his body, and my Mum. So for me I know I have a great team.

Dogs ! My favorite animals ! I was blesssed to have a wonderful four legged friend by the name of Pippa, she journeyed with me for 16 years; and she had a pure soul, far outshining most humans I've encountered. Pippa was a four legged saint. She battled with cancer too, and my friend who a vet nurse gave her the injection which released her from her suffering. Pippa left her body whilst in my arms. I look forward to seeing her again. Also, she is a frequent visitor! Yes Pippa has been heard jumping off our bed when we were downstairs, and she came through during a ghost box session - even sniffing my daughters hair !

I used to be a paranormal investigator with my wife, so am well versed in things paranormal.

Namaste,

gentlewind

• Like 2

I have a shared one, no need or desire to go looking for one. Mine was not with visions but then again I am not visually oriented. Erased all grieving for me. The reason to be sad was other people who grieved.

Shared with a departed loved one? To grieve is part of being human. You cut out the bad and keep the good?

I'm alive and that is the main reason. The rest you are not interested in.

I am interested in everything abnormal. How are you going to avoid interruption to being alive?

Finland. Parks and forests are pretty much free here. You can pick berries, climb trees or whatever and it's called "everyman's rights" here. To the dismay of some people it also extends to foreigners.

So, you are for multi-culturalism and embrace foreigners? It is easy for you on two accounts: firstly, you are a monolithic culture with 95% Finns - just like the Japanese and the Chinese. Foreigners will never be a social threat. Secondly, nobody wants to go to Finland.

It's good to break patterns, I didn't like parks either before I got comfortable with the surroundings.

If I have to live six months in darkness at a time, even I would learn to like parks even if they were prison yards. It would be like being let out of solitary confinement without windows.