Birch

Analyse a dream

I can get that, but why would a dream (this is during more 'unconscious' sleeping moments) be about something I have understood already during 'waking' (and could be assumed) 'consciousness'.

Not to get all Occam's razor but to get Occam's razor, why? If I've already got it. Why bother with the dream?

I'm not trying to be silly. Just trying to understand.

It can be your mind thinking about something that has already happened but adding metaphorical associations to it. So if you feel like your mom limited you spiritually but you're smarter than to let it work on you, this could easily be turned into a scenario of images in the dream as it did.

According to some books I've read about dreams and just my own observation, we are still thinking when we sleep but our mind can use images which turn to scenarios and before we know it we're deep in sleep and forget that we're consciously imagining these things.. letting us get swept up in the scenario and then wonder "what was that all about?" sort of like when in a conversation and asking "how did I get to talking about this?"

We dream a lot when awake too, but we realize we're doing it. As I'm writing this you might making a sandwich while thinking about school and something that happened and something that could have happened, but because you're awake you know that you're not actually there. When sleeping and thinking like this, instead of just sleeping vs. instead of just making the sandwich, you don't realize that your mind is off thinking since it's not conscious of anything else going on.

This is the way I've come to see it at least.