voidisyinyang

On Longing: Spring Forest Qigong Master Jim Nance Qi-Talk on Free Friday 4/12/2013

http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com/2013/04/on-longing-spring-forest-qigong-master.html

Yeah I did a cell phone vid on this talk and last night I transcribed it. So scroll down that blog link and you get 50 minutes of the Spring Forest Qigong Master Jim Nance Qi-Talk on longing from Free Friday, April 12, 2013.

Umm -- youtube is still "processing" my upload so I might have to upload it again.

Yeah the video is way better than the written version -- but at least it's a start.

So it was an hour talk but the phone memory cut out at the very end but I got most of it.

Yeah so I don't have a cell phone and I have never uploaded a video before -- I had to download a video editing program to rotate the video 90 degrees -- that took me maybe six hours since the computer program was so slow -- and also various glitches in compatibility.

So I just had to learn some new stuff -- ah techno stupid stuff. haha. So anyway you can see qigong master Jim Nance doing healing as he is giving his talk - hence it's title - a "qi-talk." haha.

People were really laughing a lot - which I find always to be the case with qigong master Jim Nance -- when I talk to him -- immediately my jing energy gets ramped up.

Yeah so my mom has now been promoting qigong to her friends! She can only conclude that Jim Nance healed her over the phone since after Jim Nance talked to me for over 2 hours - and he told me he was helping my mom - then she woke up feeling like a new person - completely healed.

I let my mom wonder -- she kept wondering how it happened. She had gone to Free Fridays a couple times so she knew that Jim Nance was a real healer since she always felt stronger and much brighter. So I told her about how I had that 2 hour plus phone call with Jim Nance the night before she woke up feeling completely normal - and I said how Jim told me he was "having a conversation" with her at the same time as with me.

Jim actually said he was having a conversation with many people at the same time as me.

So the last Free Friday - just the past Friday - I went in for my 20 min. session and I sat down and Jim asked what I was up to. I joked that it was "confessional" time now. haha. Anyway I said - hey if you need to heal other people first that's cool. He said -- that after me he had his lunch break so he was fine. I said - well I'd be happy to treat you to lunch.

Anyway so we kept talking and mainly me asking him questions and him treating me to fantastic stories about his life. And so he said he wasn't planning on eating lunch and I said I was not either and so he let me pester him for his hour lunch break.

Anyway so I got to hear amazing stories about his travels and spiritual experiences. One he said - well Chunyi Lin has talked about this so I guess I can tell you -- then after wards he said: But don't write this down! I knew that already so I just made the hand gestures and so -- of course not. haha.

But anyway besides that one question and answer he knew that the other information - sometimes he says to me: You can write that down! To emphasize that most of what he's telling me - he actually assumes I will be sharing it online, etc.

So anyway qigong master Jim Nance -- the information he shared is very personal so even if he doesn't mind me sharing - I feel too strange doing so. But basically his grandmother was actually a Blackfoot Indian and a very powerful, loving woman who actually communicated with Jim as a child - using telepathy! They had silent conversations and Jim thought it was normal. haha.

Wow - even that tidbit most would not believe - but hey - it's all part of being a qigong master - it is included in the abilities. O.K. so Jim traveled to India and I was saying that it seems, based on what he told me about his experiences in Africa, that finding energy masters in India is more difficult. He said that you can find them but they are more secluded and he was just traveling for fun as his wife at the time didn't want to be too freaked out. haha. So anyway Jim saw this man in a forest -- only the man was levitating up in the air while sleeping - some eight feet up! Jim showed his wife and Jim even walked under the man. Jim said - there were no strings. I said - yeah because I know about the "fake" levitaters in India but I also know there are some real ones out there too - just real rare.

Anyway we talked about other issues like bilocation and astral travel into outerspace and other dimensions of reality that have spirits and -- I think just in general terms I can mention these things. But so Jim then started "leaving" me -- I thought I better leave the room as he is either going to sleep on me or meditating - into a trance. When he came back after mumbling some words - he said he had been healing people -- several people.

So Jim really does a lot of free healing! And anyway my sister told me she plans to go to the next Free Friday with her 1 year old baby daughter! haha. I have to call to make the appointment. But I am amazed that now my family is increasingly getting acceptive and even embracing the qigong healing energy. So Jim Nance has personally transformed my mom and we will see what happens. I had my friend visiting this weekend - my qigong friend - and Jim called to where we were at. My friend had been on the couch meditating when Jim called and right away my jing energy was amped up and my friend said he felt a blast of energy go into him. Jim had been on the phone just a minute or so. haha.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 3

Holy bonkers is it slow to upload a video!

Anyone know a faster free video editing program?

I used Movie Maker Windows Live 2011 just because it was compatible.

Anyway so it takes a few hours to "prepare" the video for editing and then once I edit it another few hours to "save" the video.

So I uploaded the vid to youtube but it was stuck in processing. I realized -- oops - it's too long anyway.

So I went back to editing and I spliced the video into segments less than 10 mns.

So I then saved the first segment - that took several hours to prepare again and several hours to save the first segment!

So then I decided to upload the first segment to youtube before I save the rest of the other splice segments since it takes several hours to save each splice segment.

So I started uploading the vid to youtube last night around probably 9 pm and it is only 16% uploaded!!!

It's been uploading for over 12 hrs.

It's gonna take at least 5 parts - probably six. Ummm. Anyway I know there's a faster way to do this if I use faster video editing software but I don't think there's a faster way for me to upload to youtube.

I had no idea it was so slow to upload to youtube. I mean -- I suppose it requires a faster computer or something but we have a decent computer for processing speed.

Oh well - I don't even have a cell phone - like I said -- and I'm thinking that any future qi-talks by Jim should be videoed by the actual Spring Forest Center staff as they video Chunyi Lin's guild talks on Saturdays.

But anyway Jim is not Chunyi so I guess that's why he asked me for help - but the main help he wanted was for me to transcribe his talks so that they would be documented for future distribution, etc.

So too bad the cell phone went out of memory. My sister said I could use her Ipad but at the last minute she changed her mind (woman's perogative). haha. She said it had her personal data on it - I said - I just want to use the camera! She said it's all on the same place -- (duh!). But I think she just is so dependent on her Ipad to access her personal data that even not having it for one whole day was too much for her.

So then she gave me her daughter's Iphone but then her daughter, my niece, goes: "Uncle Drew you can't use my iphone again!" haha.

So people are really attached to their techno-items.

So then my mom goes - you'll have to get .... something... if you're going to keep doing the video of the Qi-talks. I said it shouldn't be an issue because I heard someone mention at the talk about wanting to video it. I figure there's tons of -- what I call "white techno gurus" haha. I know a loaded term -- but the qigong masters are not-white and there not techno gurus so it fits in this case. haha.

Anyway so hopefully once this "part 1" is done uploading then it will get processed pretty fast as it's under 10 minutes. If it works that will boast my spirits to finish doing the rest of the segments.

Part of my concern was that if the computer went to sleep on me then maybe the uploading would stop. anyway not sure if that happened or not but if the computer did go to sleep it didn't at least cut off the uploading.

• Like 1

Really liked the talk thanks for transcribing that. Looking forward to the vid if the uploading manages to work.

Yeah so I just opened up the Chrome browser and went to my youtube account and it says the video has been uploaded successfully and is now being processed!

Crazy because I kept the Foxfire browser open and according to that it's only 18% done uploading!

hmmm. Definite strangeness.

I'll just see if that gets processed but I doubt it and now I'll try saving part 2 and then uploading that when it's done saving (after a few hours)....

Oh -- I realize now -- so I spliced it and then I clicked on the first splice to save it -- but it saved the whole video! So I just uploaded the whole video again - by accident.

O.K. so when I splice it I guess I have to delete the rest of the video before I save it.

Then go back to the saved splice to see where it ended and the load the earlier whole video again and splice a part 2 out of it and delete the rest and so on.

O.k. I didn't find any specific tutorials on how to splice a vid into segments for youtube uploading from Windows movie maker.

Seems like that would be a specific topic someone would address.

I did find one on splicing versus triming and you definitely have to delete the parts of the vid that are not part of the splice before saving it....

So anyway I saved it with the end point time in the title so I can then load the whole vid, start it at the end point and trim out the 2nd part and so on....

Seems a bit silly to have to go back and forth from the whole vid to cut out each part for youtube uploading... but should work.

o.k. so almost 30% uploaded to youtube now with the first 9 minutes. So hopefully that won't get stuck in processing - should be a few more hours before it's done uploading just this first part but still 10 times faster than my previous attempt.

Thks.

O.K. just spliced another 9 minutes and saving it now from the editing program to my computer. Then once saved I will start the upload.... so should be a few more hours....

Still at least we got some progress.

Ur Welcome! Yeah it's so exciting! He is such an entertaining speaker and he sends energy when he talks and -- I mean I had a 2 hr plus phone conversation with him and then on that Free Friday I had a 1 1/2 hr face to face conversation with him.

At one point - I never asked him to heal me - but obviously I knew that was going on. But at one point he goes - raise your arms up. And he did it to show me - like Jesus on the cross you know. Then he starts blasting me with energy. Then he goes -- um put the palms facing down. B/c he had shown me palms down but I accidentally had the palms facing him mainly. Anyway he goes - how did that feel? I'm like -- awesome!! haha. Super deep bliss heat magnetic love energy.

Anyway so I wish I could share everything he said to me but it was so amazing and so personal -- still I think he would be fine with it getting out there. But the other thing is everything he says is very precise and so I would just be paraphrasing him and that would lose a lot of the meaning.

I mean - like he says some real zingers that totally blast open a new way of thinking for me - and then I'm kind of stunned. haha.

But when I thanked him - he said - well if things go the way I see them then I will be more thankful than you.

I didn't even know how to respond to that! haha. I just kind of sit there stunned. haha.

Anyway I told him it was a dream come true when he called me and -- well his brother had discovered my blog and his brother to Jim to contact me and Jim goes - "Oh I know him." haha.

Anyway I let Jim down when he called last weekend to talk about my video of his talk but I was with my qigong friend who has also gotten tons of healing from Jim. But when Jim said - "don't worry about it" then I trust him to not be angry about it since he tells in this talk - he talks about Chunyi Lin telling Jim to "not worry about it." haha.

Yeah - I'll see if Chunyi Lin's guild talk is up on their website yet since I missed it last weekend....

part 4 snipped and being saved to computer for upload....

O.K. so the last snippet is just over 10 mns! Dang! So I guess I'll splice it to two five mn parts.....

O.K. I've had a couple PMs for people wanting phone healings from the SFC. Very cool. Then my brother-in-law just called -- well half-ex-brother-in-law -- asked me about how my mom got healed by qigong. haha. He said - well how does it work since I'm an engineer I don't know. haha. So he wanted to know how to contact the center and I gave him the url. Still I will be very surprised if he gets a healing. He said he'd have to try it - but sounded like he was just saying it. So I told him all the crazy stuff I could think of.

I go - yeah and Chunyi Lin trained with a Shaolin master who can light things on fire with his eyes! I said - yeah most people don't believe it but yeah it's like the real deal straight out of a martial arts movie or something. I said - yeah and Chunyi even levitated up nine feet once. haha.

Just tell him all the crazy stuff since he's already skeptical - I said yeah and the mayo clinic doctors tested the qigong masters using "randomized controlled" research and the results were called "especially impressive" since the people had chronic pain for over five years that Western medicine couldn't treat. But then I said -- of course the skeptics were going - I'm sure it was just a placebo or the study didn't have a proper placebo control... blah blah. Then I go - but yeah of course the skeptics don't go and test the qigong masters themselves. haha.

Anyway I told him more about my mom's healing - he was intrigued - anyway I said yeah my mom woke up with more energy than normal.

Hmm very interesting. I do find it funny that skeptics don't go test qigong masters themselves.

I was reading the transcript and it's crazy how all those injuries made Jim drop into full lotus. Reminds me of times when I sit in half lotus and then my leg flops up and down just to get it to open up fully.

Anyways, I was thinking what was the longing that Jim found. He said that he has found the real answer but he doesn't really tell you what it is.

PS. That signature is hilarious.

thks -- yeah the sig just fell into place one day. haha. A couple of thread debates collided perfectly.

O.K. part four!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-2m9AIcOU0&feature=youtu.be

Sorry the audio is so fuzzy -- youtube offered an enhancement but I tried to go back to it but the audio seemed the same. The part one I chose the youtube enhancement and the audio seems better on that one....

Anyway.... it's typical cell phone audio. Not too bad.

Dang it just went out at 3:35 or something -- this happened last time. Anyone know why Youtube does that? Some glitch. I uploaded 9 mns or so. Anyway so last time I reloaded it and the full upload played out. Still kind of annoying... Maybe just cause I opened a new tab or something. Oh yeah - I just logged out of my youtube account so that might have messed up the playback...

o.k.

Yeah actually the cell phone memory died out the last 5 mns or over 5 mns -- under 10 mns.

So I actually don't remember him saying anything too much different -- he seemed to keep going on that consciousness of the system enabling a healing of the blockages all connected bit. It seemed very related to Mahayana Buddhism saying how there's different levels of emptiness and different levels of consciousness. He says how your consciousness can shift and that will heal a whole system of blockages.

So basically he's saying he is "emptying" out his older consciousness and shifting to a deeper level of awareness by going through a deeper level of Emptiness.

ummm.. yeah when he told me he was going to speak on longing - before I kicked in the cell phone - I just gave him this big smile and he was looking at me like - what? Because I mean longing -- I was reminded of say longing for love or something. I think that is really what he's getting at. But I mean he's talking about deep trauma and how that can be like a repressed pain that causes a longing - but it's a repressed longing because you don't know what you're longing for.

So then he became aware of his family's past and how he himself had internalized their pain and then how he had projected this into his life as trying to do things that were not what was best for him to do. Like maybe he was trying to overcompensate -- trying to belong to a culture that he did not really fit into.

Anyway so my mom goes - well Jim can just add his own ending again - you know he can either remember how he ended it or change it to what he wants or whatever. haha.

But I really think I didn't miss any big change in the direction - he seemed to pretty much wrap it up at that point. He took a few questions. I asked one question.

Yeah it's too bad we couldn't get the whole thing on there but my sister at the last minute told me I couldn't take her Ipad and so I could take her daughter's Iphone and she said that it should have more than enough memory or whatever. haha.

Oh well -- I don't even have a cell phone -- and I don't know what the Ipad memory is like but I assume it's more. My mom goes if you're going to keep doing this then you'll have to get something. She wants me to get a cell phone.... but I really despise the electromagnetic pollution of those things causing brain cancer as they're proven to do.

So like I mentioned - I think maybe some "white techno guru" will actually video his talks. I don't know. Jim never called me back but I'm sure they're super busy getting ready for the Global Conference that actually started today!! The Spring Forest Qigong global conference is this weekend but it's like $280 a day!! Ummm. then there's the Level 3 class after it starting on Monday and Tuesday -- and so my qigong friend is going and then my mom registered for me to go to the class. My qigong friend is going to the final day on Sunday of the global conference because Chunyi Lin said he if attended the special Lotus meditation healing then my friend would probably not need to come back for 2 more healings for his wrist. The Chunyi Lin healing in person is $145 because he has you do 15 minutes with a master healer before Chunyi does the healing another 15 minutes. Anyway so it was like a 2 for 1 deal -- $290 for 2 healings vs. $279 for the Sunday lotus meditation healing. A savings of $10. haha.

o.k. part five is saving now. So then I only have one more part and I'm done.

Yeah so save it to computer will probably take a couple hrs. Then upload it to youtube.