Tibetan_Ice

Latest Meditation Experience

Hi Anderson :)

Thank you for your reply.

I do recall reading in several places, "the Heart Drops of Dharmakaya" is one, where it says that there is no importance to having the visions other than the fact that we dissolve the visions. But, first, before you can dissolve the visions, you must have the visions to dissolve.

And, Yes. It is important, as mentioned in Bon, that we learn to dissolve thoughts and visions, and then the 'watcher' and realize that everything is just a display of the five lights (pure and impure).

After a bit of research I have discovered that "the Cycle of Day and Night" by C.N. Norbu, is supposed to have instructions from the Longde in it, and I did receive that in the mail a few days ago. I am looking forward to reading it.

I did notice that during that meditation that I described in this post, that the normal thoughts were dissolving on their own, however, instead of dissolving the visions like I normally do or have done in the past, I grasped at them. I like exploring and learning. I've always wanted to know how to transport the body to different locations, and also to bring a group of people along with me. I read about a guru (many years ago) who transported a group of people from a small village in India to a large city to go shopping for a day, and then back afterwards. Somehow that story stuck with me all these years. :)

I was reading in the book called "The Ninth Karmapa's Ocean of Definitive Meaning" by Khenchen Thrangu Rinpoche. In it he says that one must also learn how to dissolve the kleshas. He says that dissolving a klesha one time does not liberate. One must repeatedly dissolve the kleshas. In this way one will understand that the kleshas are empty, have no real substance, and that that aspect is liberating. I consider that a valuable thing to know. Imagine that, instead of dwelling in anger, or any of the baser emotions for extended periods of time, one could simply dissolve them and regain composure.. The end of one form of suffering on a small scale..

I have dissolved a few kleshas so far. What I have found is that once dissolved, they produce a great amount of bliss and energy/heat right after the dissolution.

Alan Wallace's Dzogchen retreat podcasts contains instructions on watching thoughts and watching them dissolve. It is interesting that they do dissolve on their own when one looks directly at them and does not grasp at them (let the conceptual mind continue on the referent content.. )

You sound like you are successful in realizing the natural state and staying there. Did you ever receive a transmission in person from anyone? What kind of pointing out instructions did you receive?

:)

TI

Hi T.I. :)

I follow the teachings of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche and i consider myself as his student .I have received direct transmission and pointing out instructions from him in person and also via the numerous webcast retreats he gives over the internet.

I have also received transmission and pointing out instructions from other vajrayana teachers and bon as well.

But primarily my practice in its entirety is dzogchen focused.

To me the dissolution of kleshas by looking directly into them is different from recognizing or discovering our own state.Since with the discovery of one's state we don't have to actually deliberatelly look into the display of a klesha.And that is because the klesha will liberate on its own once we settle into the knowledge of our own state.

Having said that we can recognize our state via looking into the display of a klesha and staying there in a relaxed way.The key is stay, stay, stay,....wait, wait, wait....

To my knowledge the vissions will only disolve or exhaust once the 4Th vission has been actualized.

There is an actual path which needs to be crossed through these vissions, a progression through these vissions before they will come to rest and exhaust.

One more thing though.The progression through these vissions can only be accomplished, AFAIK,if one renounces tottaly their mundane living and decides to retreat.The masters of the past,or at least some of them,had to undergo at least a decade of strict retreat before the exhaustion of phenomena could be successfully achieved.

And lets not forget the years of training in recognition and stabilizing of rigpa before you can even contemplate the thogal path with its peculiarities.

But i think is not even worth talking about these aspects since i am so far from these acomplishments.

Edited by Anderson