Sign in to follow this  
blindeye

sleep

Zzzzz,

A few weeks ago I accidentally fell into being able to intend to fall asleep. Since then I have at random experimented with falling asleep at all time of day and every kind of situation such as walking, driving, after coffee, beer, during conversations etc. Of course with walking and driving I only went to the verge of total unconsciousness which made me wonder about a connection between this wakening world and the state of being called sleep. I don't know the body chemical processes that happen during falling asleep, but the experience intended is almost identical to consuming melatonin. I have tried melatonin two times a few years ago. One observation is that while intending is what begins the process, there is a very specific feeling that I re-intend to experience each time. I am wondering what chemicals are released while entering sleep and if the brain changes frequency on the cusp of fall-a-sleep. I read years ago about delta wave state being the place where this wakening world and other dimension meet. I don't recall the book, so maybe wrong about delta waves.

Sleep Topics

The pattern of waking during the day when it is light and sleeping at night when it is dark is a

Ask the Expert How Sleep Works

natural part of human life. Only recently have scientists begun to understand the alternating

Sleeping Smart

cycle of sleep and waking, and how it is related to daylight and darkness.

Video Library

A key factor in how human sleep is regulated is exposure to light or to darkness. Exposure to

Audio Library

light stimulates a nerve pathway from the retina in the eye to an area in the brain called the

Subscriptions

hypothala-mus. There, a special center called the supra-chiasmatic nucleus (SCN) initiates signals to other parts of the brain that control hormones, body temperature and other functions that play a role in making us feel sleepy or wide awake.

The SCN works like a clock that sets off a regulated pattern of activities that affect the entire

Sleep Apnea Relief

body. Once exposed to the first light each day, the clock in the SCN begins performing

www.sleepworks.com

functions like raising body temperature and releasing stimulating hormones like cortisol. The

There is more than one

SCN also delays the release of other hormones like melatonin, which is associated with sleep

way to improve nighttime

onset, until many hours later when darkness arrives.

breathing.

Because melatonin is a hormone that is part of the human sleep-wake cycle, many people think that by taking more of it as a pill, it will help them to fall asleep faster or stay asleep longer. This brochure will provide more information about melatonin and help you decide whether this is something you should use.

Overall, the National Sleep Foundation (NSF) recommends that if you feel a sleep problem is serious enough to treat, then you should consult your physician first to make sure you

1 Tip To Lose Belly

understand the cause of your sleep problem and treat it appropriately.

Fat MiracleGarciniaCambogia

Melatonin is a natural hormone made by your body's pineal (pih-knee-uhl) gland. This is a

.com

pea-sized gland located just above the middle of the brain. During the day the pineal is

Cut pounds of stomach

inactive. When the sun goes down and darkness occurs, the pineal is "turned on" by the SCN

fat every week by using

and begins to actively produce melatonin, which is released into the blood. Usually, this

this 1 weird old tip.

occurs around 9 pm. As a result, melatonin levels in the blood rise sharply and you begin to feel less alert. Sleep becomes more inviting. Melatonin levels in the blood stay elevated for about 12 hours - all through the night - before the light of a new day when they fall back to low daytime levels by about 9 am. Daytime levels of melatonin are barely detectable.

Besides adjusting the timing of the clock, bright light has another effect. It directly inhibits the release of melatonin

A few weeks ago I accidentally fell into being able to intend to fall asleep

So you have the ability to make yourself fall asleep anytime, anywhere ????

HOW are you able to do this? Please teach me because I have lots of sleep problems so this is like the holy grail to me. What methods do you use?

• Like 1

Please don't make yourself sleep while driving.

mike 134, I have had pretty good results with scanning my body from head to toe and consciously relaxing. Also, meditation before bed helps.

The last sentence of the article above " . Besides adjusting the timing of the clock, bright light has another effect. It directly inhibits the release of melatonin " ..does this mean that intending sleep is controling sorbtion of light? How much light does the body absorb in a day? ..if i shine a flashlight on my hand the light goes right through. Of course the eyes absorb light that must go into the brain and spine and then the tailbone. If the tail bone is where all the power comes from, then sleeping or wakeing might affect how much power a body retains or releases.

zzzzzz,

Is this why shift workers who work the night shift have shorter than usual life spans..

I'm not sure, but I'll sleep on it and let you know when I get off my shift..

That being said' is immortality a side effect of extra light?

Ehh... I thought you had some super secret "method" to falling asleep instantly. Kind of like how ppl use methods to get multiple orgasms or achieve "enlightenment." Being able to fall asleep anytime, anywhere would be way way more useful though.

Edited by mike 134
  • Like 1

Ehh... I thought you had some super secret "method" to falling asleep instantly. Kind of like how ppl use methods to get multiple orgasms or achieve "enlightenment." Being able to fall asleep anytime, anywhere would be way way more useful though.

Are you a bot?

I just bought a new cat water bowl that sends a stream of water thru a uv light then into a water dish. Interesting there's a blue light spot at the bottom of the dish where the water lands. So, light follows the movement of water? I have always thought of light just passing thru water not following it, kinda of like a fiber optic cable. So the brain produces this much water per day and much of it gets absored into the blood at the crown of the head?

If blood and water go into and out of the cranium, then light might be absorbed there too and follow the path of water downward.

post-98509-0-76375400-1366163116_thumb.jpg

Edited by blindeye
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this