queeny1971

A newbie in this site from Argentina

Hi my name is Sofia, I'm from Argentina.

I've been reading taoism from 15 years till now.. But I have a great problem with texts and sharing experiences with others. In our country there are not a lot of people who reads chinese, I can read in english off course, but sometimes in this matters (as philosophy ) is very hard to understand meanings. The other problem are the classics... impossible to find most of them in spanish, and with the economic problem that we have with importations most of the time is unaffordable to buy from other countries...

I found this site, I hope I can share impressions, misunderstandings in readings with you all...

Just a persona trying really hard to live in Argentina in a daoist way!! Always trying to improve myself!

Hi Sofia,

I think that you will find lots of interesting information here.

Your English is very good, much better than my Spanish anyway.

I thought that we in the UK paid a lot more for overseas Books, sometimes the UK Pound figure = the US Dollar figure.

But at least we can usually find / order any Book we like, if we have the money.

Agree with you that it's very difficult to understand the true meaning (original intent) of a lot of Chinese works.

Because I'm not Chinese, with a chinese mind-set.

I don't read or even speak Chinese.

Therefore, I rely on the Translators point-of-view and their understanding of the texts.

Often, by reading several different translations of one Book, you can obtain several different meanings.... not ideal.

Basher

Hi, Spanish is an interesting language, and it sounds good; maybe I will write or translate something about Taoism in or into Spanish in future....who knows? Of course, it is only after there has been gathering enough audience , should I think of doing such job worthy of it ...

Edited by exorcist_1699

You dont need 'chinese' to understand Taoism, Sofia.

It's belonging to the universal world, its archetypal, grasped outside of language.

• Like 1

Guest Jason Croft

Hi, Sofia - this website has many options to choose from including translating most of the languages in the world and-and- well,

I'll find a few : http:// Google.com -to find whatever you want.

Hola sofía. Yo también soy hispanohablante. si hay dudas, estoy a la orden por acá por Tao bums. Cualquier clarificación de un texto en ingles que necesites puedo hacerlo por ti. Sin embargo con el Chino no te puedo ayudar.

Saludos y bienvenida.

I've been reading in english taoist text for so long now!... But I insist : it's not the same... is not the same to read then in the original off course...

Thanks for the support to all of you... We'll be in contact.. no doubt of it!

Gracias por la data Samurai Mountain!! A veces no es sólo cuestión de inglés es de interpretación filosófica... y es bastante complicado conseguir en español... eso sin considerar el traductor!... Pero saber que hay alguien más por aquí que hable criollo sirve!

I've been reading in english taoist text for so long now!... But I insist : it's not the same... is not the same to read then in the original off course...

Thanks for the support to all of you... We'll be in contact.. no doubt of it!

Gracias por la data Samurai Mountain!! A veces no es sólo cuestión de inglés es de interpretación filosófica... y es bastante complicado conseguir en español... eso sin considerar el traductor!... Pero saber que hay alguien más por aquí que hable criollo sirve!

Tranqui. Yo creo que el truco es entender el mensaje. leer multiples traducciones ayuda bastante revelando "capas" en el texto que no se han visto antes. Yo he leido por lo menos 4 traducciones en ingles del TTC y dos en español, cada vez captando un poquito más que la lectura anterior.

Al final hay que recordar una cosa, sin el idioma original se pierde principalmente la poesía, más si el significado clave se capta, eso es lo que realmente importa.