Hi, :)

I found this series of videos on Youtube yesterday.

It is very insteresting.

His Holiness the Gyalwang Drukpa gave teaching on a terma revealed by one of the previous lives of Kyabje Trulshik Rinpoche - "Yangti Guru Padmasambhava".

He speaks of many miracles.

In the second video, Gyalwang Drukpa declares that his father left his footprint in stone, and even painted pictures into stone with his finger. He says that many accomplished practitioners demonstrate their abilities in order to help their students overcome the solidity of their own beliefs.

His interpretation of sambhogakaya is a little different from what I've read before: He says that the sambhogakaya is related to sound (not light).

The other very interesting thing that he teaches is that in order to walk through solid pillars, one must first start by adopting the correct view with the use of imagination and practice that.

He says that the reason why we normally can't walk through solid pillars is because we are too attached to the 'solidity' of the pillar.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

:)

TI

Edited by Tibetan_Ice
  • Like 3

He says that the reason why we normally can't walk through solid pillars is because we are too attached to the 'solidity' of the pillar.

Where is the video that he walks through a solid pillar? Thanks.

Where is the video that he walks through a solid pillar? Thanks.

He gives instructions on how to begin practice to walk through pillars in "Day 2". (second video)

There is no video in which he actually walks through a pillar..

But, the idea that first you start by using imagination and then eventually it becomes something else is a well-established secret principle that I learned about many years ago.

I hear that mastering the Space element allows one to do such acts

Hi :)

Yes, the techniques for mastering the various elements are divulged in the Visuddhimagga. For example, creating an earth nimitta and then using that as your object of meditation (kasina) leads to the ability to solidify things, like water.. So, you could walk on water by projecting the solidity of earth onto the water..

Of these, the earth kasióa is the basis for such powers as the state described

as “Having been one, he becomes many” (D I 78), etc., and stepping or standing

or sitting on space or on water by creating earth, and the acquisition of the bases

of mastery (M II 13) by the limited and measureless method.

37. The space kasióa is the basis for such powers as revealing the hidden,

maintaining postures inside the earth and rocks by creating space inside them,

travelling unobstructed through walls, and so on.

TI

• Like 1

He gives instructions on how to begin practice to walk through pillars in "Day 2". (second video)

There is no video in which he actually walks through a pillar..

But, the idea that first you start by using imagination and then eventually it becomes something else is a well-established secret principle that I learned about many years ago.

Thanks for the tip.

What is first thing should I imagine? I suppose something is easier than other. Thanks again.

Hi :)

Yes, the techniques for mastering the various elements are divulged in the Visuddhimagga. For example, creating an earth nimitta and then using that as your object of meditation (kasina) leads to the ability to solidify things, like water.. So, you could walk on water by projecting the solidity of earth onto the water..

TI

The Visuddhimagga is available online as a pdf download.