Sign in to follow this  
Lindelani Mnisi

My self

That is great, you should watch Revolver, starring Jason Stratham... watched it just yesterday.

It covers all of the basics of ego self versus pure self...

The gist is...

he hids behind your pain, he exists in each and every individual person's heads. The beautiful thing is if you try to kill him, to protect them, they will try to kill you, to protect him, because he's been with us all since the very beginning... teaching us to protect him with our pain.

The greatest trick the devil ever can pull is convincing you that HE is you.

I think, therefore I am: is it not more true to say 'thinking happens'?

Are you reducible to an 'I', or are you a set of interacting processes?

If the body is you, who are you after a haircut?

Mind is meaningless without consciousness to perceive it: how could you be a mind?

Consciousness is meaningless without things to perceive: how could you be consciousness?

:)

Edited by Seeker of the Self

Wow, quiet profound, thanks guys, but still leaves me with a few questions because answers lead to more questions...the paradox of life...or something like that

• Like 1

You are you. There is no distinction. There is no boundary. You are like a wave in an ocean flowing yet distinct. Where does the wave begin and where does it end? But the wave is there and it is what it is.

Are you property? Do you own something? It depends. One can say that you are part of the whole (e.g. society) and society makes rules to protect you. I think this is healthy and helpful to one's life. And then society makes rules which may be unhealthy for you (e.g. prohibits certain things that might be beneficial to your life) and you may resist saying that you are you and no one has the right to infringe.

So it is a current that moves back and forth. It is not stagnant. It is not one or the other. It flows. Concreteness in a world of flow is difficult to find, though we try to create concrete in order to share. So, we say we will meet at 12:00 noon. Of course we don't because it is impossible to be precise, but we say we will because it is practical.

Edited by taijistudent
  • Like 2

You know I was all empty and stuff, no ego state.

Then i was sungazing today, so I asked this question to the sun.

The answer was "Of course you exist, you are real, Im a sun arent I" In a kind of mocking tone.

• Like 1

Void is form and form is void.

What is the meaning behind this seemingly wise words.

Let me figure out.

When something says there is "nothing" That nothing contains every "thing" inside it. In a way its not really "nothing"

When someone says there is something That something also contains Emptiness or void of existence.

Thinking is part of enlightenment.

When you walk down a road, there is a person that stops at the traffic lights. But that person is also intrinsically empty of existence.

So when someone says nothing exists, they are talking about nothing as being intrinsically "empty" but that nothingness is also containing everything, when someone says something exists that something also is void of something.

Hmm

Sign in to follow this