Sign in to follow this  
ClumsyDaoist

Hi, newbie here with a question ...

hello,

i've been tai ji quan for 1 hour a day for some time now (also i do half an hour of microcosmic orbit a day) and from time to time I experience something like an explosion of energy. It's not very hard, so i've freakead out only a little, and I usually experience at night in bed. Any idea what could be going on?

thanks!

hello, thanks for your response

spottles, is like all my body starts to vibrate and goes like i'm gonna explode but then it stops

dunno how to explain it better

I am unfamiliar with the exercises you are doing - or I don't know them by name (which is very often the case).

However - i am relatively certain you are opening your 3rd chakra - (solar plexis) and at the same time stimulating your adrenals.

If you do not have a teacher - you might be able to ask one over the phone or find a forum somewhere that understands the particular methods that bring you to this experience.

It is not uncommon that new students want to "open" everything as much as possible in order to feel/validate something - anything - (to get a taste of extra-ordinary progress). Unfortuantely leaving all the doors open to your home can allow for some unsettling breezes.

If your teaching/exercise has a calming cooliing exercise - you might try ending with that.

Also - take a look at what things you might be mixing without making a connection: Do you stop for coffee on the way to your exercise - put coffee and some solar plexus moves together and you can get a rocket ship effect.

Take care not to start writing books on the subject - you would be surprised just how many "experts" are inspired by this over abundance of energy in the early years.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this