Sign in to follow this  
Cabal51

Greetings!

Hello, Tao bums. I recently stumbled upon Taoism while browsing Reddit bored at work. It fits my previously nebulous beliefs so well and connects everything together. I've read some things and am already learning much about myself and how some of the things I do are resisting the Tao.

Most of all, I've been trying my best to let go and go with the flow and the few times I've really been able to have been so peaceful and happy. At work I used to seethe inside when someone made a mess of a counter I'd just cleaned, I'd tell myself, "It's not important, I'm sure it wasn't intentional." I was trying to let it slide off me, and now I realize why that didn't work. When that same thing happened today at work it didn't affect me at all because I'm not trying anymore. The Tao is just customering messily and that's the way it is.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text and once again, greetings!

Edit: I'd like to add that I associate with the older style Taoism that's more of a philosophy. My Jury's still out on whether or not there is a god or higher power. For me there is simply the path.

Edited by Cabal51
  • Like 1

Edit: I'd like to add that I associate with the older style Taoism that's more of a philosophy. My Jury's still out on whether or not there is a god or higher power. For me there is simply the path.

Hello and welcome! So glad you found the path and choose to start walking it. I am new to this community as well but have been a Taoist for many years. One thing I think you will like about Taoism is that it doesn't really matter if you believe in God or not. For many Taoists, there is no creator God but for others, like myself, I feel as though God is everywhere. One thing I will say is that Taoism really cannot be achieved without understanding that the higher power is the Tao. Don't think of it as a man in the sky just that Love and the universe and CHI are God and that we are all connected to that one source. Some might disagree with me but that is the lovely loose nature of the TAO. Again, welcome my friend.

Sign in to follow this