dwai

Through the Western Gate - Waysun Liao demonstrates internal power

No big deal, just White Crane beginner's tricks and the result of hard Qi Gong! BKF learned that in only 3 months! [\sarcasm] ;)

Edited by Dorian Black

LOL! I'm actually waiting for guys to crawl out of the woodwork and claiming that such a mundane demonstration of power and supremacy is proof that Liao can't have virtue and can't be spiritual! Because a spiritual person with virtue would never descend to performing such braggy circus acts! :P

Edited by Dorian Black

He lightly placed his fingertips on my chest. With no movement of his body, I was suddenly slammed into the wall behind me and fell to the floor. More remarkable, I had no sense of time having elapsed. There was just a simultaneous "touch-wall-floor." My subjective experience was of time having been compressed into a single moment.

I expected him to gracefully neutralize a simulated attack. Instead, he just placed his fingertips on my forearm, and again, without movement by him, I was instantly on the floor.

There had only been the slightest touch on my arm. My subjective experience was that the floor sucked me down in a single moment. Resistance was not just futile, it was incomprehensible. Space and time had collapsed.

Yes, a true "0-1 inch punch" is entirely using qi - with just the slightest physical contact or movement merely to bridge the gap like an electrical contact to deliver the qi.

This is very different from Bruce Lee's popularized 1" punch - which was surely well-coordinated and explosive, but obviously far more biomechanical.

Whereas very few people have ever even experienced genuine internal power like Waysun's in person - much less figured out how to develop it for themselves... I wish there was some video of THAT, though!

41RMLrq6emL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

Taijiquan: Through the Western Gate

Has Rick Barrett attained this level himself and explain how to in his book? That's the million-dollar question that I am still trying to answer myself!

Edited by vortex

That guy's explanation of Jing as coherent energy on page 109 is ingenious!

I recommend to everyone who is interested in that stuff to read that chapter! :D

Yes, a true "0-1 inch punch" is entirely using qi - with just the slightest physical contact or movement merely to bridge the gap like an electrical contact to deliver the qi.

This is very different from Bruce Lee's popularized 1" punch - which was surely well-coordinated and explosive, but obviously far more biomechanical.

Whereas very few people have ever even experienced genuine internal power like Waysun's in person - much less figured out how to develop it for themselves... I wish there was some video of THAT, though!

41RMLrq6emL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

Taijiquan: Through the Western Gate

Has Rick Barrett attained this level himself and explain how to in his book? That's the million-dollar question that I am still trying to answer myself!

Barrett has good background -- a student of William CC Chen, i believe his foundational training is solid. Also, he has some excellent ideas that he has presented in his book (which I own).

One interesting one is the concept of the 3-nails, which will help developing sung-kwa. I found that very effective...

I don't quite relate to the coherence theory he has presented because the "coherence" is there as soon as you become aware of your chi flow (no need of extending out through the index fingers of your hands). Of course the "trick" he teaches could be for those who don't have good chi sensitivity.

I don't quite relate to the coherence theory he has presented because the "coherence" is there as soon as you become aware of your chi flow (no need of extending out through the index fingers of your hands). Of course the "trick" he teaches could be for those who don't have good chi sensitivity.

Well, seeing chi as a wave phenomenon, I had already developed on my own the theory of coherent chi waves as possible explanation for the awesome power of Jing some time before, because this explains the development of internal power without having to absorb chi from the outside or having to add energy in another way.

Now, I found here that someone else had similar ideas.

Coherence in that theory doesn't mean only being aware of some chi flow inside of your body, it would further mean to be able to bring the different chi flows in your body "into one phase" and to be able to lead them into one direction. Every single form practice in Liao's school can be seen as following that goal: Uniting the chi flows into one powerful circular stream.

Also: A completely coherent energy field would also be more likely able "to survive death" without falling apart! Maybe that's what Liao means that your energy has to become like a diamond to become indestructable: In contrast to coal the carbon atoms in a diamond are arranged in a coherent crystal matrix. That's the reason for the hardness and the ability of light to shine through!

And, negative programs would become burnt out of your system in the process of developing coherency...because these are incoherent!

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 1