Stigweard

Changing the world

You hear a lot on forums like this people talking about what's wrong with the world, or how to change the world for the better.

Personally I think all we can and "should" do is live our inner virtue to the fullest ... not for the purpose of changing or achieving anything, but simply because it is the natural thing to do.

What do you think ??

natural_joy_by_senioritta73-d59zrln.jpg

I would say, changing the world, one peanut at a time.. .lol

• Like 3

Here is a story I have heard:

Nineteen years after the Yellow Emperor was enthroned he had earned the support and obedience everywhere he ruled. He heard that Kang Cheng Tzu lived on Kun Tung Mountain, so he went to see him and asked, "I heard that you have reached the ultimate level of integral truth. May I request to know the most powerful energy of the ultimate level? I wish to use it to help the growth of crops to feed my people. I also wish to learn to control yin and yang in order to harmonize all things. How can I achieve this?"

Kang Cheng Tzu answered, "What you ask lies within the coarse material sphere of things, and what you want is to extend your influence over all things. Do you want to use all those unusual natural phenomena as opportunities to rule the world? Keeping to the narrowness of your mind, how can you understand the path of ultimate truth?"

Therefore, the Yellow Emperor separated himself from the affairs of state. He stayed in a specially built house with couch grass on the floor for three months. Then he went to make another request.

Kang Cheng Tzu was resting on his bed, facing south, and the Yellow Emperor approached him, walking on his knees. He bowed low, touching his head to the ground and asked, "I hear that you have reached the highest state of the ultimate truth. I beg to know how to cultivate myself to achieve eternal life."

Surprised, Kang Cheng Tzu sat up and said, "Well asked! Listen, and I will tell you the highest state of the ultimate truth."

Ni, Hua Ching, Workbook for Spiritual Development of All People

3.gif

Yep,...advocating for harmony, is war.

• Like 1