Sign in to follow this  
embracingpeace

Tao Newbie Needing Guidence

Hi! I'm old to tao but new to practices. Any suggestions on resources would be great. I'm very interested in internal energy cultivation and healing. I know thats a bit general but its the truth.

Welcome to the party. There are many good resources (and people) found here.

:)

well, at the risk of drawing flack, I'd suggest that you start with cultivation and then move on to healing later. It is not always clear whose energy you are using in healing, it is generally best not to use your own, and then there is the issue of picking up stuff from the recipient of the healing. Its all much clearer once you know what energy feels like, and which energies are yours.

A really easy place to start cultivation is zhan zhuang standing.

- is a short [free] youtube videos which introduce you zhan zhuang

Beyond that, do you prefer still or moving activities (meditation or martial arts / moving qigong)? meditation includes standing, sitting, etc.

There are discussions about many lineages and teachers here, we are all certain that our teachers are the single best ones <joke>, as far as I can tell a good approach is to try a few things or look at a few books or DVDs and see which ones feel "good" to you. And then try that.

Best of luck

Edited by Alchemistgeorge

Sign in to follow this