Sign in to follow this  
Marblehead

Chuang Tzu Chapter 7, Section E

Section E

In Zheng there was a mysterious wizard called Ji-xian. He knew all about the deaths and births of men, their preservation and ruin, their misery and happiness, and whether their lives would be long or short, foretelling the year, the month, the decade and the day like a spirit. When the people of Kang saw him, they all ran out of his way. Liezi went to see him, and was fascinated by him. Returning, he told Hu-zi of his interview, and said, 'I considered your doctrine, my master, to be perfect, but I have found another which is superior to it.' Hu-zi replied, 'I have communicated to you but the outward letter of my doctrine, and have not communicated its reality and spirit; and do you think that you are in possession of it? However many hens there be, if there be not the cock among them, how should they lay (real) eggs? When you confront the world with your doctrine, you are sure to show in your countenance (all that is in your mind), and so enable (this) man to succeed in interpreting your physiognomy. Try and come to me with him, that I may show myself to him.'

On the morrow, accordingly, Liezi came with the man and saw Hu-zi. When they went out, the wizard said, 'Alas! your master is a dead man. He will not live;-- not for ten days more! I saw something strange about him - I saw the ashes (of his life) all slaked with water!' When Liezi reentered, he wept till the front of his jacket was wet with his tears, and told Hu-zi what the man had said. Hu-zi said, 'I showed myself to him with the forms of (vegetation beneath) the earth. There were the sprouts indeed, but without (any appearance of) growth or regularity:-- he seemed to see me with the springs of my (vital) power closed up. Try and come to me with him again.'

Next day, accordingly, Liezi brought the man again and saw Hu-zi. When they went out, the man said, 'It is a fortunate thing for your master that he met with me. He will get better; he has all the signs of living! I saw the balance (of the springs of life) that had been stopped (inclining in his favour).' Liezi went in, and reported these words to his master, who said, 'I showed myself to him after the pattern of the earth (beneath the) sky. Neither semblance nor reality entered (into my exhibition), but the springs (of life) were issuing from beneath my feet;-- he seemed to see me with the springs of vigorous action in full play. Try and come with him again.'

Next day Liezi came with the man again, and again saw Hu-zi with him. When they went out, the wizard said, 'Your master is never the same. I cannot understand his physiognomy. Let him try to steady himself, and I will again view him.' Liezi went in and reported this to Hu-zi, who said, 'This time I showed myself to him after the pattern of the grand harmony (of the two elemental forces), with the superiority inclining to neither. He seemed to see me with the springs of (vital) power in equal balance. Where the water wheels about from (the movements of) a dugong, there is an abyss; where it does so from the arresting (of its course), there is an abyss; where it does so, and the water keeps flowing on, there is an abyss. There are nine abysses with their several names, and I have only exhibited three of them. Try and come with him again.'

Next day they came, and they again saw Hu-zi. But before he had settled himself in his position, the wizard lost himself and ran away. 'Pursue him,' said Hu-zi, and Liezi did so, but could not come up with him. He returned, and told Hu-zi, saying, 'There is an end of him; he is lost; I could not find him.' Hu-zi rejoined, 'I was showing him myself after the pattern of what was before I began to come from my author. I confronted him with pure vacancy, and an easy indifference. He did not know what I meant to represent. Now he thought it was the idea of exhausted strength, and now that of an onward flow, and therefore he ran away.'

After this, Liezi considered that he had not yet begun to learn (his master's doctrine). He returned to his house, and for three years did not go out. He did the cooking for his wife. He fed the pigs as if he were feeding men. He took no part or interest in occurring affairs. He put away the carving and sculpture about him, and returned to pure simplicity. Like a clod of earth he stood there in his bodily presence. Amid all distractions he was (silent) and shut up in himself. And in this way he continued to the end of his life.

This story has some hidden psychological concepts in it.

In the first paragraph we see that the people would avoid Ji-xian because they didn't want him to see their true inner essence (what kind of person they truely are). Also, people really don't want to know what their future is to be. They would rather live with the mystery of not knowing.

It has been suggested that Lao Tzu, the TTC, and Taoist philosophy are the roots of Sun Tzu's "Art of War". In particular, the art of camouflage.

Hu-zi had attained such harmony between his inner and outer self that he was able to present himself in any manner he wish; one day he was this and another day he was something totally different. Ji-xian saw these different people and was confused to the point of being afraid and therefore ran away.

Poor Liezi, thinking he understood the world but in the end realized that he understood the outer essence of it only. The inner essence of man can and may be something totally different than what is observed by outer appearances.

Liezi therefore dicided to remain with those aspects of life that he could depend on, those aspects that did not present false images; the simplicities of life. Better to live one's life with those things one can depend on than to live one's life never knowing if one is seeing reality or only illusions and deception.

Also of note is that while Ji-zian was able to read a person's outer essence he was unable to read a person's inner essence (no one can).

Then too, this story tells us that we should never assume we know the truth because what we think is the truth might be nothing more than illusion and delusion.

• Like 1

Thank you, Marblehead...

I'm amazing how much one knows and converge all the thoughts including one of the interpretations into Zhunang Zse's philosophy. No offense, MH, let me finish my translation and see that would make you revise your thoughts.

Let me ask you a question, when you interpret this section of the chapter, have you kept the title of this chapter in mind....??? Just in case you have not, would you change your mind about your initial thinking and give it another thought...???

郑国有个神巫,名叫季咸,他能知道人的生死存亡、祸福及寿命长短,占卜的死亡时间可以准确到年、月、旬,甚至到某一日,仿佛是神。郑国人见到他,都远远躲避,唯恐逃脱不及。列子见到他,被他的巫术所折服,执迷如醉。回来后,把情况告诉老师壶子,并说:“开始我总认为先生的道化最深、最备至,现在又有更高深的了。”

壶子说:“我教给你的,才刚接触到‘道’的表面,还未及‘道’的本质,而你却认为久而得‘道’了?雌性再多而无雄性,怎么会有受精的卵呢!而你以蛋能 生鸡之道在世人面前炫耀你手中的‘蛋’,让他人相信是受精卵,这等于把你的底细告知了他人,然后才给你看相。尝试让他与你一块来,用我来试试。”

In the State of Zheng, there was a divine shaman. His name was called Ji-xian(季咸). He can predict when the people are going to die or stay alive, what will happen in the future and how long one will live. He can predict the time of death with an accuracy to the year, month or even date. He seems like a deity. When the people of Zheng saw him coming, they turned around to stay away far from him. They were afraid that they did not leave soon enough. Lie-zi saw him was admired and indulged by his witchcraft. When Lai-zi returned to home, he told his teacher, Hu-zi(壶子), the situation. Then said: "At the beginning I thought teacher's Taoism was profound, most prepare and complete. Now, I have found someone is even more profound."

Hu-zi(壶子) said: "What I had taught you about Tao was only superficial; it has not even reach its core yet. However, you thought that you have understood Tao for a long time? Even though there are lots of females without a male, how can one obtain an fertilized egg? How dare you showing off the egg in your hand by claiming a principle of using an egg to produce a chicken. Letting people know that the egg has been fertilized. This is equal to letting someone know your own background. Then have someone to give you a divination. Let's try to bring him with you and have him try it on me."

Edited by ChiDragon

Thank you, Marblehead...

I'm amazing how much one knows and converge all the thoughts including one of the interpretations into Zhunang Zse's philosophy. No offense, MH, let me finish my translation and see that would make you revise your thoughts.

Well, if one read only this and did not associate it with any other knowledge or thoughts they had in their mind then I would suggest that not much would be attained from the reading.

Before responding I did go back and read it again and based my response on the reading as well as my prior knowledge; then I responded.

It is, IMO, totally wrong to take anything out of context in order to prove one thing or another. We must consider all associated support and/or disproof.

Let me ask you a question, when you interpret this section of the chapter, have you kept the title of this chapter in mind....??? Just in case you have not, would you change your mind about your initial thinking and give it another thought...???

No, I did not consider the title of the chapter. This was a stand-alone story with a lesson. It could have had its own title. So Legge titled it "The Normal Course for Rulers and Kings". Did the story have anything to do with that subject? I suggest not.

So I have just read your translation of the first two paragraphs and see no reason to change my mind (no mention of rulers or kings). Yes, we have a 'divine shaman' but you know that I do not believe in such things.

So Legge titled it "The Normal Course for Rulers and Kings". Did the story have anything to do with that subject? I suggest not.

So I have just read your translation of the first two paragraphs and see no reason to change my mind (no mention of rulers or kings). Yes, we have a 'divine shaman' but you know that I do not believe in such things.

Good, I was not surprised about that. This is only the beginning, let's wait until the rest of the translation. You will have a big surprise coming at the end.... :)

PS....

Actually, this is the first paragraph, I just broke it into two.

Edited by ChiDragon

You will have a big surprise coming at the end.... :)

That will be a great task as I don't get surprised much anymore by anything in life.

• Like 1

第二天,列子带着季咸,去面见壶子。季咸看了壶子一眼就出了门,对列子说:“哎呀!您的老师快死了,不能活了!没有十天的阳寿了。我看他面相变形,又见神情冷如灰烬,是生命将尽的徵兆。” 列子进来,泪水沾襟的告知壶子。壶子说:“刚才我处置在阴态,以地文示之。显得脆弱无力而又歪又斜。是恐怕见到我的杜绝生机的办法而判断的吧?再试试带他过来。”

The second day, Lei-zi(列子) brought Ji-xian(季咸) to see his teacher Hu-zi(壶子) again. After Ji-xian(季咸) had a glance, then he stepped out the door and told Lei-zi(列子): "Alas! your teacher will die soon, he will not live! He only has ten days left for his life. I saw his face has changed form, and also his facial appearance was cold as burnt ash; that was the sign of the end of life." Lei-zi(列子) went inside the house while crying and told Hu-zi(壶子).

Hu-zi(壶子) said: "I was just placed myself in a Yin-state as an earth. I was appeared to him that I was weak and look deformed and askew. I am afraid that he was judged by my sign of lack of vitality? Let's try again and bring him over.

隔天,列子又带季咸去看视壶子。坐一会出了门对列子说:“幸运呀!您的先生遇到了我病症有愈了。现在看来充满生机,我观察他阻塞生命的东西已經灵活自 如了。” 列子进了屋,告知壶子。壶子说:“刚才我处置在阳态,以天壤示之。虚与实的徵兆都不可进入体内,其生命迹象从脚跟到头顶。他的话恐怕是见到我善于展现生机 的状态而判断的。试试再带他过来。”

The next day, Lei-zi(列子) brought Ji-xian(季咸) to see Hu-zi(壶子) again. Then stepped out the door and told Lei-zi(列子): " How lucky! Your teacher saw me and his illness is going to recover. Right now looks like he is full of life. I saw that his deterrence of life has gone and his vital soul is coming back into livelihood." Lei-zi(列子) went inside and told Hu-zi(壶子). Then Hu-zi(壶子) said: "I was just place myself in a Yang-state as heaven. Thus the sign of pretense or actuality cannot enter the body which left a sign of vitality from head to toe. I am afraid that his result was judged by my vital sign. Let's try again and bring him over.

又隔一天,列子又带着季咸过来,见过壶子后出门对列子说:“您的先生神态不定,我无法从相上看出结果,等到神态安定后,才能再次看相。” 列子进屋将原话告知壶子,壶子说:“刚才我处置在阴阳相冲谁也战胜不了谁的状态,此话恐怕是见到我平衡阴阳二气时的技巧而说的。鲵鱼盘桓的地方视为渊,静 止的深潭也视为渊,水能流动的深潭也视为渊,渊有九种,就像‘道’一样,我只说了三种。让他再来。”

Another day has gone by, Lei-zi(列子) brought in Ji-xian(季咸) again.Then stepped out the door and told Lei-zi(列子) : "The sign of vitality on your teacher is very unstable. It is impossible for me to come out with a result. Let wait until he is more stable then I'll take another look." Lei-zi(列子) went inside and told Hu-zi(壶子). Then Hu-zi(壶子) said: "I was just placed myself in a Yin-yang-state which was in the two complementary states. The revelation showed that neither state can be defeated each other. I am afraid that his words were spoken by seeing my skill of balancing the the chi of yin and yang. The place that the whales do not enter was called abyss. The deep pool of stillness was also called abyss. The deep pool where water can move was also called abyss. There are nine kinds of abysses. It was just like 'Tao'. I had only said three kinds. Let him come again.

又隔一天,列子又带着季咸过来,见到壶子还立足未稳,像控制不了自己一样落荒而逃。壶子喊:“快追!”列子没有追上,回来告诉壶子:“已无踪无影了, 他逃掉了,我没能追上他。” 壶子说:“刚才我处置的是以原始未化生的我祖宗的状态。我与太虚缠绕在一起,难分清是谁。因为他看到我一会像倒在地上的一滩烂泥,一会又像水一样流淌,他 无法看出真像,所以逃跑了。”

后来,列子自认为什么也没学成而回家,多年不出家门,为其妻烧火做饭。仔细养猪,猪食精细得与人吃的一样,对所有事物、物种一视同仁。刻意恢复朴实无华的生活,像一块无任何表情的木雕泥塑立在那里,对人世上纷争,闭而不闻,一直这样结束了一生。

Another day, Lei-zi(列子) brought in Ji-xian(季咸) again. Ji-xian(季咸) saw Hu-zi(壶子) and took off right away before he could become standing still. It seems like he was really out of control in running for his life. Hu-zi(壶子) screamed: "Go after him." Lei-zi(列子) did not catch him, came back and told Hu-zi(壶子): "he was out of sign and got away. I did not catch him." Hu-zi(壶子) said: "I was place myself in my original primitive state like my ancienter. I was entangled together with the Great Void, who can tell who is who. It was because once I was like a pile of mud, then again once I was like water flowing. He cannot distinguish my true self, thus that's why he ran away."

Finally, Lei-zi(列子) reckon that he had not learned anything but returned home. He have not gone travel for many years, he helped his wife to set fire for cooking. He paid much attention to raise pigs with extreme care. He prepared foods for the pigs as careful as he would have prepared for a human. He treated all things with equality. He was intended to live an austere way of life. It would be like an emotionless sculpture just standing there. He pays no attention to the quarrels of others. He lived in such way until he dies.

Edited by ChiDragon

And so, upon returning home he (Lei-zi) did what?

Sorry, I didn't finish but I'll let you know in advance. He did all the tasks of a housewife. Another words, he had done something that normally a man wouldn't do in a male dominated society. ZZ was trying to show that he went back to a even more primitive world like a matriarchy.

Edited by ChiDragon

Sorry, I didn't finish but I'll let you know in advance. He did all the tasks of a housewife. Another words, he had done something that normally a man wouldn't do in a male dominated society. ZZ was trying to show that he went back to a even more primitive world like a matriarchy.

I would have liked it better if you had said that he return to living close to nature and a simplier way of living.

• Like 1

Chapter 7 Section F

In the State of Zheng, there was a divine shaman. His name was called Ji-xian(季咸). He can predict when the people are going to die or stay alive, what will happen in the future and how long one will live. He can predict the time of death with an accuracy to the year, month or even date. He seems like a deity. When the people of Zheng saw him coming, they turned around to stay away far from him. They were afraid that they did not leave soon enough. Lie-zi saw him was admired and indulged by his witchcraft. When Lai-zi returned to home, he told his teacher, Hu-zi(壶子), the situation. Then said: "At the beginning I thought teacher's Taoism was profound, most prepare and complete. Now, I have found someone is even more profound."

Hu-zi(壶子) said: "What I had taught you about Tao was only superficial; it has not even reach its core yet. However, you thought that you have understood Tao for a long time? Even though there are lots of females without a male, how can one obtain an fertilized egg? How dare you showing off the egg in your hand by claiming a principle of using an egg to produce a chicken. Letting people know that the egg has been fertilized. This is equal to letting someone know your own background. Then have someone to give you a divination. Let's try to bring him with you and have him try it on me."

The second day, Lei-zi(列 子) brought Ji-xian(季咸) to see his teacher Hu-zi(壶子) again. After Ji-xian(季咸) had a glance, then he stepped out the door and told Lei-zi(列子): "Alas! your teacher will die soon, he will not live! He only has ten days left for his life. I saw his face has changed form, and also his facial appearance was cold as burnt ash; that was the sign of the end of life." Lei-zi(列子) went inside the house while crying and told Hu-zi(壶子).

Hu-zi(壶子) said: "I was just placed myself in a Yin-state as an earth. I was appeared to him that I was weak and look deformed and askew. I am afraid that he was judged by my sign of lack of vitality? Let's try again and bring him over.

The next day, Lei-zi(列子) brought Ji-xian(季咸) to see Hu-zi(壶子) again. Then stepped out the door and told Lei-zi(列 子): " How lucky! Your teacher saw me and his illness is going to recover. Right now looks like he is full of life. I saw that his deterrence of life has gone and his vital soul is coming back into livelihood." Lei-zi(列子) went inside and told Hu-zi(壶子). Then Hu-zi(壶子) said: "I was just place myself in a Yang-state as heaven. Thus the sign of pretense or actuality cannot enter the body which left a sign of vitality from head to toe. I am afraid that his result was judged by my vital sign. Let's try again and bring him over.

Another day has gone by, Lei-zi(列子) brought in Ji-xian(季咸) again.Then stepped out the door and told Lei-zi(列 子) : "The sign of vitality on your teacher is very unstable. It is impossible for me to come out with a result. Let wait until he is more stable then I'll take another look." Lei-zi(列子) went inside and told Hu-zi(壶子). Then Hu-zi(壶子) said: "I was just placed myself in a Yin-yang-state which was in the two complementary states. The revelation showed that neither state can be defeated each other. I am afraid that his words were spoken by seeing my skill of balancing the the chi of yin and yang. The place that the whales do not enter was called abyss. The deep pool of stillness was also called abyss. The deep pool where water can move was also called abyss. There are nine kinds of abysses. It was just like 'Tao'. I had only said three kinds. Let him come again.

Another day, Lei-zi(列子) brought in Ji-xian(季咸) again. Ji-xian(季咸) saw Hu-zi(壶子) and took off right away before he could become standing still. It seems like he was really out of control in running for his life. Hu-zi(壶子) screamed: "Go after him." Lei-zi(列子) did not catch him, came back and told Hu-zi(壶子): "he was out of sign and got away. I did not catch him." Hu-zi(壶子) said: "I was place myself in my original primitive state like my ancienter. I was entangled together with the Great Void, who can tell who is who. It was because once I was like a pile of mud, then again once I was like water flowing. He cannot distinguish my true self, thus that's why he ran away."

Finally, Lei-zi(列 子) reckon that he had not learned anything but returned home. He have not gone travel for many years, he helped his wife to set fire for cooking. He paid much attention to raise pigs with extreme care. He prepared foods for the pigs as careful as he would have prepared for a human. He treated all things with equality. He was intended to live an austere way of life. It would be like an emotionless sculpture just standing there. He pays no attention to the quarrels of others. He lived in such way until he dies.

This parable teaches us many lessons. The first lesson was not to think that you own the whole world only acquired with a little knowledge. Secondly, the story of the shaman was warning us not to view only one side of the story without knowing exactly what was going on. At the end, it was just ended up no where but running away from it all. Thirdly, life is too complicated; it is better off to live in a simplest way. Finally, as it was pertaining to the title of this chapter, the parable was suggesting that the rulers not to use shamanism to rule a country.

• Like 2

This was very refreshing. I see many of us on TTB chasing knowledge and enlightenment like there is some big secret.

This chapter made me want to burn all my books and sell my laptop lol

• Like 1

This was very refreshing. I see many of us on TTB chasing knowledge and enlightenment like there is some big secret.

This chapter made me want to burn all my books and sell my laptop lol

Hehehe. Don't do that!

The knowledge that Chuang Tzu refers to is the knowledge of the "learned ones" who try to get everyone to act the way they want us to act. Confucius would likely have been on his mind when he wrote that.)

Knowledge of the processes of the universe (Heaver), Earth, and man is important. I think we could find many examples of him suggesting this. This knowledge can lead to wisdom and wisdom can lead to enlightenment (whatever that is).

Many of his stories refer to knowing the difference between when there is something to do and when no matter what one does makes no difference and therefore it is best to do nothing. This requires knowledge and wisdom.

But true it is, when we spend effort chasing things we get tired and then we get apathetic. Whatever it is, it will come to us if we are properly prepared and worthy of recieving it (whatever) and the conditions allow for it to happen. But we need to empty our cup of Southern Comfort in order to make room for some tea.

Hehehe. Don't do that!

The knowledge that Chuang Tzu refers to is the knowledge of the "learned ones" who try to get everyone to act the way they want us to act. Confucius would likely have been on his mind when he wrote that.)

Knowledge of the processes of the universe (Heaver), Earth, and man is important. I think we could find many examples of him suggesting this. This knowledge can lead to wisdom and wisdom can lead to enlightenment (whatever that is).

Many of his stories refer to knowing the difference between when there is something to do and when no matter what one does makes no difference and therefore it is best to do nothing. This requires knowledge and wisdom.

But true it is, when we spend effort chasing things we get tired and then we get apathetic. Whatever it is, it will come to us if we are properly prepared and worthy of recieving it (whatever) and the conditions allow for it to happen. But we need to empty our cup of Southern Comfort in order to make room for some tea.

Oh sure, I canned that pursuit for knowledge long ago. But I ditched that for a "quest for spiritual truth" and as the years have gone on, I have learnt that I went in with the same mentality. I didn't end up any wiser, just on the same road and hitting a dead end.

Just because my mentality was the same. Chasing without seeing what was there in front of my eyes...

So in addition to everything that was said in this thread, I also feel that the same applies. I can read all the philosophy books in the world, but without my life at home and remaining in the here and now, those books are useless to me. They are a good pointer, but at the same time, it is up to me to look within and simply just live.

I too like cooking and cleaning :)

Heaven, earth and man...hmmm, interesting. The latter don't seem too difficult to get to grips with but heaven...this is hard for me to interpret as it's quite a loose phrase (like enlightenment) So I can see that Leih Tzu needed to complete the final and most difficult part in this story, and come back home :)

Great chapter anyway. As you can see, I am relating to a certain protagonist.

... but heaven...this is hard for me to interpret as it's quite a loose phrase (like enlightenment) So I can see that Leih Tzu needed to complete the final and most difficult part in this story, and come back home :)

Great chapter anyway. As you can see, I am relating to a certain protagonist.

"Heaven" can be viewed from two different perspectives.

The first, and the way I view it is the rest of the entire universe exclusive of Earth. There are patterns. There are processes that are followed. The moon as it goes around Earth, the Sun as Earth goes around it, and all the other Heavenly bodies. Our lives are linked to these processes, especially the sun.

The other way of viewing "Heaven" is the connectedness of all the Ten Thousand Things in the universe. I don't talk about this much. But I do suggest that we all have our source in the totality, Tao, and we all return to the source eventually. Others view it in more of a "divine" point of view. That's okay.

Yes, you for sure are supporting the cause of studying Chuang Tzu and I appreciate it.

• Like 1

Now what I wanna know is if we're so out of touch with the Tao (in general, humanity that is for thousands of years) , how do "we" (Taoists) end up as a minority?

Chuang Tzu basically tells us that we live in an unbalanced world. Looks like the only salvation is to ignore it completely (within reason) and just listen to our souls?

Yeah, Taoism is such a wonderful philosophy of life. Too bad that most people are too busy to spend the time to understand it. And an additional too bad that even those who think they understand it are so far from it in reality.

No, can't ignore it completely because much of what happens directly or indirectly effects us. We need to remain aware of what is going on around us.

But then, we don't have to play the games people play. We can be the silent observer.

Humankind still has the same problems it had 7,000 years ago when the first civilizations were just becoming established. Not knowing contentment is one of our biggest problems, I think.

[...]

Chuang Tzu basically tells us that we live in an unbalanced world. Looks like the only salvation is to ignore it completely (within reason) and just listen to our souls?

This kind of thing gets my attention. Myself I wonder how many people are really doing just that (Ignoring things).

So much of life that can get us down is hype and hyperbole. Politics, Hollywood, the state of Journalism (and it's tone)... How often does one just take a moment to look inward? Even if it's a housewife taking a breath in between washing two dishes while she's overhearing the afternoon gameshow or a Sportsperson looking at the crowd at the game and sighing (knowing that private moments are still possible in such a circumstance), how often do we all take those moments? My private answer is that it's more common than i'd oftetimes think.

These moments matter and to relate it back to the chapter being discussed we're all a little like the student of the Master in this respect.

Of course, conscious law guiding a conscious life is still better, but again, i think it's worth something. Every active response is built on these passive moments.

• Like 2

Even if it's a housewife taking a breath in between washing two dishes while she's overhearing the afternoon gameshow or a Sportsperson looking at the crowd at the game and sighing (knowing that private moments are still possible in such a circumstance), how often do we all take those moments? My private answer is that it's more common than i'd oftetimes think.

So I guess more people have a bit of this within them than I give credit for. E.G I was thinking, my mum is probably the "least Taoist" person...so I thought. I could list a thousand reasons...but she still does have those moments of being at home and gardening, for example, and doing it of course to be useful yet create beauty and enjoy it. Just taking that time away from the news and petty dramas of life...

Is this what you mean?

Just taking that time away from the news and petty dramas of life...

Is this what you mean?

Yes. A small point, but that's what i meant. :)

Sign in to follow this