Sign in to follow this  
Guest RBSA

Schizophreny

Guest RBSA

Everyone except The One is schizophrenic . I ask if it is a considerable question .

Everyone except The One is schizophrenic . I ask if it is a considerable question .

Not entirely sure what you mean by "the one" or for that matter "schizophrenic"! But if you are asking, is any standpoint other than that of complete unity is maddness then I would quote from the Chuang-tzu chapter 2 (trans. Graham 1981)

"...heaven and earth were born together with me, and the myriad things and I are one."

Now that we are one, can I say something? Already having called us one, did I succeed in not saying something? One and the saying makes two, and two and one make three. Proceeding from here even an expert calculator cannot get to the end of it; much less a plain man. Therefore if we take the step from nothing to something we arrive at three, and how much worse if we take the step from something to something!

According to Chuang-tzu then, even proposing "The One" leads to madness!

Edited by samwardell
  • Like 2

Guest RBSA

I didn ' t get anything of what you said except the part with heaven and earth were born .... . This part i liked . I am sorry but my english is not suficient . What you said in a part is similar i think to what i used to believe . That first there was One . One gave birth to two . Why two ? Maybe for them to give birth without the One ' s help . These were born in no sin . Now all the rest of us were born from intercourse of the two and so on . But i am not sure anymore of this idea .

Hahahha...classic exchange ^

we spiritual humans may understand the nature of One consciousness underlying all spirit - but the shortcoming is believing one to be wholly, fully and perfectly the unknowable "One"

You don't know the Tao. The Tao knows you. Don't mix the two up.

embrace your divinity, embrace your humanity...a balance between heaven and earth, but never one without the other, nor moreso or moreless...

Oh and yes, I must say I do believe it is a considerable question ^_-

Questions and Answers, inseparable as yin and yang!

Edited by fizix

There cannot be an everyone except the One. In realising the One, even the one falls away. To be caught in thoughts of there being One is the same as being trapped by thoughts of Self. The One did not make two (Yin and Yang), two did not make three. We see 'difference' because we don't notice sameness. When sameness is recognised what was yin and what was yang returns to the one - though this returning is something of our concept and not anything that happens. Wherever there are thoughts of TWO we are on the wrong path, we are diverting ourselves from the truth. So if there is duality in our thinking this is the area we must investigate - this I think is what Chuang Tzu referred to. It is what Buddha referred to by saying our suffering arises from delusion and our peace occurs from Right View.

Hope this helps :o)

Guest RBSA

Yes it helped now that i have read it better . I would like short answers though since my english is not perfect . 10x a lot Wayfarer .

You may rest unduable in peace . :)

Edited by RBSA

Guest RBSA

And what is the path to this unduality i may ask ?

Is Tao the path ?

Is a person the path ? I am cunning now . :D

Sign in to follow this