Sign in to follow this  
skydog

wisdom is the feeling of love, joy, appreciation, celebration

Where taoism and bushmen shamanic practices sometimes differ is this idea of emptiness/mindfulness and thinking being more important than say the FEELING of love and joy.

When in a state of feeling love or joy or appreciation one automatically has thoughts that are loving, joyous or appreciative and this is wisdom

taoism has equal validity and worth though in that there are two sides to the same coin, the effort of trying to be positive both have there place i guess..

I think you have a misunderstanding regarding Taoism. This problem arises when we confuse Buddhism and Taoism. Taoism does not teach the eradication of attachments, but diminishing desires. Diminishing is the key word here. Compassion is a key element in Taoism and one of the three jewels, as is appreciation. The Tao Teh Ching speaks repeatedly about understanding the differences between needs and wants and being satisfied with (or appreciating) what you need.

I will agree that when one is expressing love, joy, and appreciation, more often than not, they are exhibiting wisdom.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron

Sign in to follow this