konchog uma

Month-long meditation retreat

I would be sure to do some Rinzai walking meditation between sitting, both to keep the legs and feet healthy, and to practice mindfulness while walking as it sounds like you will have lots of good quiet spaces to do this. If you haven't done this type of walking let me know and I'll give a basic description.

thanks HE,

walking meditation will be practiced every day, multiple times a day. And i am so glad to report that!

@all, i was talking to a friend and meditation teacher last night who did a month retreat at Karme Choling 3 years ago, and he said he really liked it, but if he had it to do over again, he would have tried to stay silent and practice listening more. He said that you (here) are all correct about reading, he said don't write either (not habitually) and don't do anything habitually for that matter. He said if he was me he would tell the retreat leader at the beginning that he was going to stay as silent as possible for a month, and just practice listening to himself and others with an open heart. When he said that something in me shivered... I think i am going to take his advice and practice as much silence, listening, and non-doing as i can.

lol my books will be there when i get back

• Like 4

Thats great Anamatva!

I wouldn't read 'much' there myself but each to their own. And after saying that, I do think Jack Cornfields 'A path with a Heart' has gold in it for the serious stuff that can come up in retreat....

Great Blessings. :)