Sign in to follow this  
Diamond Spectrum

One Hammer, Ten Thousand Strikes

When I worked in some places with more charachter I would carry a small ball peen hammer in my pocket that was my grandfathers. On occasion I would remove it from my pocket and use it to lightly tap my meridians and hard to reach release points. No one ever asked me what I was doing, the smart ones knew, and the not so smart ones didn't want to find out.

Recently I found another use for my little ball peen hammer:

photo-5.png

1 hammer, 10,000 strikes

Edited by Diamond Spectrum

Nice, has a very good raw and seemingly unfinished quality to it.

Its kinda the reverse of usual art and jewelry principal where the more you work on it the less it looks like it was worked on.

What metal did you use, its interesting how the patina they got from the hammer blows.

Like me. Raw and unfinished, the more you work on it the less that gets done. ;o)

These are made out of a quarter, each one seems to get a little more "finished" look, and thanks for looking.

• Like 1

That explains the copper in it then, nice use of material, how did you get the ends to fuse though.

I recently redesigned an old ring I had made to turn it into a pair of engagement rings.

how did you get the ends to fuse

No fusing, I drill a pilot hole, put it on a mandril and hammer away, expanding the pilot into the center and turning the hole inside out. After just a few minutes my focal point shrinks and a rhythm forms; completely entrancing!

• Like 1

No fusing, I drill a pilot hole, put it on a mandril and hammer away, expanding the pilot into the center and turning the hole inside out. After just a few minutes my focal point shrinks and a rhythm forms; completely entrancing!

Ah I see, that part was what I couldn't see when invisioning the process, I was trying to think how to do it with the hammer I was thinking it was like a folding technique around a stone or something

You made a ring out of a quarter.

That is pretty darn cool. Color me impressed!

Impressed impressed I think that's a metallic olive color

Sign in to follow this