Sign in to follow this  
Sifu ReL

Blood Washing/ Sensitivity Training

This exercise should be performed three times daily. it only takes a couple of minutes to do and over time will really help improve your chi. perform the exercise when you first get up and just before going to bed. the third time is done before your regular practice. the exercise is designed to stimulate all your surface skin nerve endings on your arms and legs, so that better communication between your brain and the individual joint muscle, or tendon will take place.

the more you stimulate an area the stonger you make the communicative pathway. your nerves contol the small muscles that surround the arteries which help control the blood flow. by physically stimulating your skin nerve endings, you make them more sensitive. the more sensitive you make the areas, the easier it is to mentally feel that area. the daily practice of this exercise will help sensitize your body.

to perform this exercise you can either sit or stand. take your right hand [palm down] and put it on your left shoulder. start lightly rubbing down the outside of your left arm [rubbing slowly, touching all the skin surface area] until you reach your fingertips. at the fingertips slightly squeeze the tips of each finger and thumb.

then start rubbing up the inside of your left arm to the armpit. next , rub down from the left armpit, down the left side, down the outside of the left leg , until you get to the foot. at the foot , you should rub the entire foot area and slightly pinch each toe tip. then, rub up the inside of the left leg to the groin.

at the groin you change hands, starting with your left hand. rub down the inside of your right leg to the foot , rub your entire right foot and slightly pinch each toe. rub up the outside of the right leg, up the right side till you reach your armpit. next rub down the inside of your right arm to the fingertips. slightly pinch each fingertip and thumb.

rub up the outside of the hand, up the outside of the arm to the right shoulder. this process should be done three times in the same clockwise method each time you perform the exercise.

perform this exercise as described for two weeks after two weeks start adding into this exercise the following variation. when you get to the part where you are ending your third rotation of rubbing around your body you should change to doing the fourth rotation like this:

instead of actually resting your hand on your left shoulder, start with your right hand about an inch or two above the surface skin of the shoulder.

perform the exercise just as before , except you are not making actual skin contact this time ev en as you get to the part where you gently squeeze your fingertips or totips, you dont want to actually make contact, but still go through the process. do a fifth and sixth rotation.

then complete the exercise by putting both hands above your head so that your fingertips are almost touching . your palms should be facing toward the top of your head, but should be 3 to 4 inches above the skin surface of your head. next bring your hands slowly down the front of your body , not making contact, intil you reach your chi point. you should start your inhale as your hands leave your head area, and finish the inhale as your hands stop at your chi point./ LOWER DANTIEN. you should exhale into your chi point, then tighten up your whole body for a second just as you finish your exhale.

with time you will feel your chi actually stimulating and bouncing offf your skin surface even though you are not making contact.

this exercise will also help your chi circulate better throughout your body, and keep you properly polarized, maintaining a better positive and negative ion flow.

when you first start you might want to perform this exercise with only your shorts on. with practice you can feel the energy with or without clothing being there.

Thanks for reading,

Peace be with you.

• Like 2

Awesome, I do a similar concept with the healing sounds, starting vocally and ending silently with intention driving it :)

Awesome, I do a similar concept with the healing sounds, starting vocally and ending silently with intention driving it :)

Really?? how does that work, ive never heard of it.?

Well since I saw it taught both ways by various sources, it made sense to progress from sounding the healing sounds vocally and then comparing to subvocally and then totally silent intention driving it. It seems to be a more robust way of doing it imho. It sort of adds another layer of the practice and gives some aspects to differentiate.

If you've never heard of the six healing sounds, google is your friend. ;)

This exercise should be performed three times daily. it only takes a couple of minutes to do and over time will really help improve your chi. perform the exercise when you first get up and just before going to bed. the third time is done before your regular practice. the exercise is designed to stimulate all your surface skin nerve endings on your arms and legs, so that better communication between your brain and the individual joint muscle, or tendon will take place.

the more you stimulate an area the stonger you make the communicative pathway. your nerves contol the small muscles that surround the arteries which help control the blood flow. by physically stimulating your skin nerve endings, you make them more sensitive. the more sensitive you make the areas, the easier it is to mentally feel that area. the daily practice of this exercise will help sensitize your body.

to perform this exercise you can either sit or stand. take your right hand [palm down] and put it on your left shoulder. start lightly rubbing down the outside of your left arm [rubbing slowly, touching all the skin surface area] until you reach your fingertips. at the fingertips slightly squeeze the tips of each finger and thumb.

then start rubbing up the inside of your left arm to the armpit. next , rub down from the left armpit, down the left side, down the outside of the left leg , until you get to the foot. at the foot , you should rub the entire foot area and slightly pinch each toe tip. then, rub up the inside of the left leg to the groin.

at the groin you change hands, starting with your left hand. rub down the inside of your right leg to the foot , rub your entire right foot and slightly pinch each toe. rub up the outside of the right leg, up the right side till you reach your armpit. next rub down the inside of your right arm to the fingertips. slightly pinch each fingertip and thumb.

rub up the outside of the hand, up the outside of the arm to the right shoulder. this process should be done three times in the same clockwise method each time you perform the exercise.

perform this exercise as described for two weeks after two weeks start adding into this exercise the following variation. when you get to the part where you are ending your third rotation of rubbing around your body you should change to doing the fourth rotation like this:

instead of actually resting your hand on your left shoulder, start with your right hand about an inch or two above the surface skin of the shoulder.

perform the exercise just as before , except you are not making actual skin contact this time ev en as you get to the part where you gently squeeze your fingertips or totips, you dont want to actually make contact, but still go through the process. do a fifth and sixth rotation.

then complete the exercise by putting both hands above your head so that your fingertips are almost touching . your palms should be facing toward the top of your head, but should be 3 to 4 inches above the skin surface of your head. next bring your hands slowly down the front of your body , not making contact, intil you reach your chi point. you should start your inhale as your hands leave your head area, and finish the inhale as your hands stop at your chi point./ LOWER DANTIEN. you should exhale into your chi point, then tighten up your whole body for a second just as you finish your exhale.

with time you will feel your chi actually stimulating and bouncing offf your skin surface even though you are not making contact.

this exercise will also help your chi circulate better throughout your body, and keep you properly polarized, maintaining a better positive and negative ion flow.

when you first start you might want to perform this exercise with only your shorts on. with practice you can feel the energy with or without clothing being there.

Thanks for reading,

Peace be with you.

a worthwhile practice to explore, even for those who are already fairly sensitive. it stimulates the nerve fibers to such an extent that, if you haven't experienced it before, you will very likely be able to tune in and feel your whole body breathing from the pours.

i read through it really quickly, so forgive me if i missed it, but i think you left out a couple of key points:

1. the "rubbing" action doesn't require stroking your arm in different directions. it's just a straight pass down the top of your arm and back up the inside or bottom.

2. the practice should be done fairly quickly. there is some benefit to slowly, sensually going through the exercise, but it's generally a vigorous practice that can leave your whole body abuzz with qi.

and finally,

3. to maximize benefit, a minimum 100 repetitions should be performed. 200 is better. 300 is ideal. once you get a speed and rhythm going, you can simply keep track of the time. for instance. if you can average 20 cycles per minute, you can simply practice for 15 minutes rather than count to 300.

before i got into shaking, blood washing was one of my staple practices. :) Francesco Garripoli has a milder, slower, standing version which he calls meridian cleansing. i think it's pretty clearly a derivative of blood washing.

anyway, i thought these points might help those who may wish to experiment with it.

if you're going to perform it with speed, i would recommend sitting on the edge of a chair. and it's totally okay to raise your leg as you pass your hand over the legs & feet, rather than bending all the way over. raising the leg will make your repetitions faster.

please to take this as a challenge or anything. i just hope some folks can find the additional info helpful.

• Like 4

a worthwhile practice to explore, even for those who are already fairly sensitive. it stimulates the nerve fibers to such an extent that, if you haven't experienced it before, you will very likely be able to tune in and feel your whole body breathing from the pours.

i read through it really quickly, so forgive me if i missed it, but i think you left out a couple of key points:

1. the "rubbing" action doesn't require stroking your arm in different directions. it's just a straight pass down the top of your arm and back up the inside or bottom.

2. the practice should be done fairly quickly. there is some benefit to slowly, sensually going through the exercise, but it's generally a vigorous practice that can leave your whole body abuzz with qi.

and finally,

3. to maximize benefit, a minimum 100 repetitions should be performed. 200 is better. 300 is ideal. once you get a speed and rhythm going, you can simply keep track of the time. for instance. if you can average 20 cycles per minute, you can simply practice for 15 minutes rather than count to 300.

before i got into shaking, blood washing was one of my staple practices. :) Francesco Garripoli has a milder, slower, standing version which he calls meridian cleansing. i think it's pretty clearly a derivative of blood washing.

anyway, i thought these points might help those who may wish to experiment with it.

if you're going to perform it with speed, i would recommend sitting on the edge of a chair. and it's totally okay to raise your leg as you pass your hand over the legs & feet, rather than bending all the way over. raising the leg will make your repetitions faster.

please to take this as a challenge or anything. i just hope some folks can find the additional info helpful.

1. yeah your right it should be done quickly

2. Lolz right again your body should be buzzing with Ki

3. DUDE thats INSANE i wish i could do it 300 times a day, if your doing that , i bet you could literally close your eye's and sense movement in 2 rooms a way with doors close...serious your ability to feel Qi after 300 times a days would be astounding..!! :lol:

thanks for the reply, very helpful.

Ya Mu's Stillness Movement meditation has a long sequence done after meditating that includes quite a bit of long rubbing movements. I've been shortening it because I wanted to save time and didn't understand the 'why' behind it.

Thanks for your post. It answers a question I didn't know I had.

Michael

Sign in to follow this