Sign in to follow this  
chi 2012

Anthony Robbins Fire Walk

I just read where 21 people were treated for 2nd and 3rd degree burns - after walking on hot coals at an Anthony Robbins event. I thought he has been doing the firewalk at his events since the mid 80's. Why would a bunch of people suddenly get burned?

Also if there was a risk - you think he would of learned from what happened to James Ray.

I just read where 21 people were treated for 2nd and 3rd degree burns - after walking on hot coals at an Anthony Robbins event. I thought he has been doing the firewalk at his events since the mid 80's. Why would a bunch of people suddenly get burned?

Also if there was a risk - you think he would of learned from what happened to James Ray.

6000 participants, and 21 got burned. So, 5979 were following directions and passed? And, 21 people won the "Darwin Award of the year 2012?"

The article I read Headlined the 21 that got 2nd and 3rd degree burns, and the opening paragraphs went into excruciating detail about the screams of agony and the overwhelmed medical staff. It wasn't until deep in the middle of the article that the 6000 participants was disclosed.

Advertisers discovered that bad news gives the best return on their advertising. Hence, the news agencies, seeking to profit and stay in business, keep over-feeding its viewers the most ghastly and disturbing news.

• Like 1

6000 participants, and 21 got burned. So, 5979 were following directions and passed? And, 21 people won the "Darwin Award of the year 2012?"

The article I read Headlined the 21 that got 2nd and 3rd degree burns, and the opening paragraphs went into excruciating detail about the screams of agony and the overwhelmed medical staff. It wasn't until deep in the middle of the article that the 6000 participants was disclosed.

Advertisers discovered that bad news gives the best return on their advertising. Hence, the news agencies, seeking to profit and stay in business, keep over-feeding its viewers the most ghastly and disturbing news.

I guess the 21 who got burned must not of "psyched themselves up correctly"? I have a book called "Spiritual Growth is not what you think" by Doyle Barnett. In the book he said he once went to one of these firewalks with 200 other people. He said while everyone else was pumping themselves up before the walk - he was thinking negative thoughts. He then walked across the coals and didn't get burned. He then walked across a few more times - and at one point slowed down to unzip his jacket. He said there was nothing mystical or mental about it.

A few months later he asked his friends if they would do the firewalk again. They said they would only if they could go through the same mental, emotional, and spiritual preparation beforehand. They told him this even after Doyle told him he didn't do any mental preparation.

So I don't know. I've never done a firewalk. I've always wanted to though.

Sign in to follow this