Disabled Not Broken

Max/Lamb's Kunlun(1) Red Phoenix(1,2) Kuan Yin(Matsuo) Vs. Kundalini

but I have been doing tjq and bdc for 35 years. Add new things slowly gain comfortable masteryb before adding complexity.

This is good idea to add one new practice every 35 years. :D

She has answered in her Q&A on her website that Yi Gong is actually complete practice. But may it means that you have to meet her in person and to receive more advanced practice. This is not clear at all and not only regarding Yi Gong. The same for many other chu kung sytems. They do not answer clear enough. Jenny Lamb recommends to stick with system as well as many others but they have to add it means that you coming for their seminars. I myself can not visit them as they are in USA.

I doubt she means that it's under the condition of going to her seminars.

Definitely it doesn't mean that you have to receive more advanced practices from her.

Actually I believe it was posted in response to others demanding that she reveal the other higher levels of her system - to which she replied that the level 1 that's covered on her DVD is complete practice and all that one needs and thus she will not be revealing the other levels to general public.

Of all three practices, I'm most intent on Flying Phoenix and Yigong.

Did you ask her about this?

Not that I'm qualified to answer but my feeling is there is no big problem looking at it from Yigong side if you practice both on separate time.

These are two 'nice' systems, Yigong is all about release of energy blocks, Flying Phoenix is a meditative healing qigong. There is no forcing anything anywhere, no visualizations, no work with kundalini, no martial qigong,...

Edited by Leif

I inquired once about doing other types of qi gong simultaneously with yi gong, and the answer I received from her was that yes I could but at different times of the day not back to back necessarily. Though for the yi gong there are a lot of preparatory channel opening and back adjusting exercises. I have never had suffered any adverse effects from doing this.

• Like 1

I think that it is OK to mix practices but ONLY after you have mastered ONE certain practice. Any practice is not only movements / breath / attention IMO. It is also connected with certain tradition which has some psychic "entity". For example, if we discern yoga tradition there are not only asanas and breath. Some people regard it as it is asanas but I am sure it is not indeed.

Authentic traditional yoga practice begins with yama niyama, talks to Guru, who gives you transmission which is certain type of energy which connects person to the certain subtle energies. And in most cases the transmission is given as certain mantra. And then newbie should evolve this energy, to connect with it this energy. It is also your intention. And practice is the way to evolve this energy and it is like to rewire energy in your subtle body which connected with our mind.

If one would start to do it in different ways like in the morning one practice with one attention and intention and later with another then your whole system would not realize where you are going. I was doing it for few years, I was mixing yoga with qigongs and MA, pranayama and neikung, MA, mantras. NO MORE!!! I personnaly fuc...ed up with it.

Even last days I was doing different practices in one system (BFP) for 3-4 hours a day. One night I woke up at 3 in the morning after 4 hours of sleep absolutely fresh. And I continued my practice for 3 hours next day. And I could fall asleep only at 2 at night. Almost 24 hours awake. May be I am in some cleansing process of my negative energy and I think it is true but anyway body should adopt to the energy softly. And last days I was thinking to add one another practice akin to 8 brocades and next morning I woke up and started to learn it and I could not. I felt like it is to much and even so the movements are slow and I thought like "okey, it is good for the morning and it is same energy which should help me... " but it is another way to give direction to the energy body. Shortly speaking I realized such mixes in practices and in one's mind are not good at all. I think it made me agitated and only confused me in many ways even when I thought what to practice, what time .... and what is better and blah blah blah...

Only when you reached some very tangible results in one system then you can try to add another what you like. I have Jenny's DVD and Max' s book and I will practice it probably but after I have built up good solid foundation in the system I have practiced now. Sifu Terry says one needs 6-8 months or at least 3-4.

I tried pranayama too and I was very agitated. I wont add anything else of the exception of some other practice in the same system. Even this not always advisable. I know one very good guru in yoga authentic tradition and once he said that his guru said to him not to go to another guru and not even to listen him in the beginning . All this only creates confusion.