ganjaboy

Jing conservation / sexual balance

Thanks so much for your invaluable advice! I have already tried some of the methods you have described, and I am slowly feeling myself coming out of an energy deficit that has afflicted me for some time. I feel that my emotions and thoughts are also coming back under control, and I'm spending more time doing productive tasks - a definite bonus! This is truly a gift to revitalize my life, and I appreciate the help. I'm also spending time reading up on additional spiritual practices and won't hesitate with further questions I have. Thanks!

Good work!

Congratulations!!

I suggest using Secret Smile practice -

Posted By Santi, here: Secret Smile Eventually you can create internal orgasms that are energizing, much later on. The non sexual areas of this practice will do wonders for keeping you on track.

As of this writing I haven't ejaculated in one week and have instead been focusing on getting jobs done and practicing a combination of the routines suggested by Harmonious Emptiness and Mokona.

Initial observations:

1. Going this route frees up a lot of energy but if not careful you can feel horny all of the time. Getting better at controlling this, though. A couple times in those 7 days I felt as if I simply needed to masturbate, and I did, but was careful to not go over the edge. I'm finding that, with moderation, this can actually bring about increased focus and motivation for me. The trick is to keep it in check.

2. Found myself getting in a lot less petty arguments with people and was generally a lot more friendly overall. Makes it clear to me that "sexual frustration" is a very misunderstood term in the West. :)

3. Felt as if I cared more about everything in general. When I made decisions I actually devoted thought into them instead of just passing them all off with an "I don't care" attitude as I had sometimes done before.

4. Felt more in touch with a concept of masculinity I have not ever known before.

Regarding the energy levels - it's a different type of energy. I definitely feel a lot more physical energy but am not manifesting it in nervous habits or a need to be aggressive. It's kind of a "mellow high".

• Like 2

totally awesome dhiggs! bless your success

as the channels between the lower centers and the upper centers open, via qigong, or just via you retention practice forcing that energy through the dormant passageways, or any other practice for that matter, the excess will automatically be transmuted upward as it builds, and you will rarely have to exert effort to draw it up, or be overcome by excess energy in the genitals and lower centers.

the MCO does this too... i highly recommend incorporating that into your routines if you haven't yet

sounds great man im glad for you

Edited by anamatva

[quote name='anamatva' date='06 July 2012 - 07:59 AM' timestamp='1341525548' post='348099'

as the channels between the lower centers and the upper centers open, via qigong, or just via you retention practice forcing that energy through the dormant passageways, or any other practice for that matter, the excess will automatically be transmuted upward as it builds, and you will rarely have to exert effort to draw it up, or be overcome by excess energy in the genitals and lower centers.

Thanks! I've already incorporated the MCO, mostly using reading I found in the book suggested awhile back and on the Internet. I think I'm feeling some of the effects you have described above. The conserved energy is a lot less dominating than it was the very first time I tried this, in which case I just felt very horny and distracted for a week. This time, however, I think that my system is slowly adapting. If anything the pelvic floor muscles are getting stronger - the response to "hold in" is becoming automatic and a lot easier...hopefully this will continue as time goes by. Thanks for the help!

Great to hear! Yeah, the Secret Smile practice is awesome for harnessing the energies. Turning that creative energy into just enjoying life, and knowing that there is more to life than just "feeling okay" and that you don't have be intensely positive to be positive.. It's good that you've found that "mellow high." That is a very good space :) .

You've applied the practice to your life. That's going to teach you what you need to know, imho.

Here's some good spiritual writing about stabilizing energy and turning it into spirit:

free-ebook-neiye-inner-cultivation

Great to hear! Yeah, the Secret Smile practice is awesome for harnessing the energies. Turning that creative energy into just enjoying life, and knowing that there is more to life than just "feeling okay" and that you don't have be intensely positive to be positive.. It's good that you've found that "mellow high." That is a very good space :) .

You've applied the practice to your life. That's going to teach you what you need to know, imho.

Here's some good spiritual writing about stabilizing energy and turning it into spirit:

free-ebook-neiye-inner-cultivation

I read through those essays a few times - very, very interesting! They basically seem to get at exactly what I'm seeking, however, which is moderation and being in tune with myself. I think that if I continue my present practices moderation will eventually come into other areas of my life.

I had a wet dream last night, which puts me back at square one again. It is the first one I have had in many, many months, perhaps years - I think this is a (good) sign that my body is revitalizing itself. With continued practice of the energy dispersion methods, will the frequency of these dreams diminish? The urge tp masturbate for me is definitely starting to be overridden by the positive characteristics I notice in my own personality whilst practicing retention. It really does redefine the concept of "getting off!"

Thanks once again!

I read through those essays a few times - very, very interesting! They basically seem to get at exactly what I'm seeking, however, which is moderation and being in tune with myself. I think that if I continue my present practices moderation will eventually come into other areas of my life.

I had a wet dream last night, which puts me back at square one again. It is the first one I have had in many, many months, perhaps years - I think this is a (good) sign that my body is revitalizing itself. With continued practice of the energy dispersion methods, will the frequency of these dreams diminish? The urge tp masturbate for me is definitely starting to be overridden by the positive characteristics I notice in my own personality whilst practicing retention. It really does redefine the concept of "getting off!"

Thanks once again!

Yes, the dreams will diminish, especially if you meditate (sitting or standing) for a while before going to sleep to let the excess energy stabilize and also move upwards. When short on time, just letting the energy rise up the front channel to lower dan tien until you feel it is stable there, then later to the solar plexus which is sort of like a fire, and if you want to the heart but no higher, is also effective. However, in general you should follow the Secret Smile method which goes up the back as this purifies as it goes through a number of energy centers before reaching the dantien.

It's also important to wake up a bit earlier as it's usually just before you wake up that those dreams occur. Sometimes the perrennium exercises will kick in during dreams too.

I'm sure you've checked out the "100 days of Retention" topic as well. Lots of great posts on every page...

• Like 1

As of this writing I had not orgasmed intentionally in almost a month, even though I had had several wet dreams. Though I am trying to

avoid masturbation while still learning qi gong and the Secret Smile practice, I felt the need to relieve some of the tension as it was becoming nonproductive.

Nevertheless, I was determined not to release jing. At the regular point of ejaculation, I applied pressure to the perineum with two fingers

and experienced the sensations of orgasm, yet did not ejaculate semen. Though I lost my erection initially, I was able to regain it within 5 minutes,

and of equal strength, not weak as had happened prior to ejaculation. Was this the correct method? Thanks.

i wouldn't do that too much, i'm pretty sure one can damage the soft tissue in that area by that technique.

Orgasms are okay! if you're feeling imbalanced on the other end of the spectrum, i advise just busting a nut. You'll probably feel a lot better. I think in the beginning, every 2 weeks is a nice rhythm, or a rough estimate of what works to make your body feel good. Since you have just started, be nice to yourself :) I think you have the bug now for conservation and don't want to lose essence at all, but its okay to do every now and then. It just makes a lousy lifestyle. :) best to you

i wouldn't do that too much, i'm pretty sure one can damage the soft tissue in that area by that technique.

Orgasms are okay! if you're feeling imbalanced on the other end of the spectrum, i advise just busting a nut. You'll probably feel a lot better. I think in the beginning, every 2 weeks is a nice rhythm, or a rough estimate of what works to make your body feel good. Since you have just started, be nice to yourself :) I think you have the bug now for conservation and don't want to lose essence at all, but its okay to do every now and then. It just makes a lousy lifestyle. :) best to you

Thanks. Right - I wouldn't want to do this regularly at all, basically as a last resort if I accidentally went past the point of no return. Hopefully, that won't even happen as I get more practiced. In any event, yeah I don't want to get the "bug" so much lol.

:) I think the trick is to manage conserving jing without becoming attached to the act itself (i.e. paranoid about losing essence) as that would defeat the purpose!

For now though, with the practices that I have learned, I have felt better than I ever have in my life and am starting to feel motivated for my future again. It blows my mind that something so simple could have been at the root of my problems. Thank all of you so much!

Edited by dhiggs

Thought I would add - for the next several weeks I have been commissioned to work on a project that will require quite a bit of creative energy and on my part. Would this be a good beginning opportunity to bring what I have learned into practice? I'm hesitant to rely too much on this technique, though I am glad to say that it and the qi gong practices, articles of which abound on the Internet, are helping me dissipate the energy quickly.

I'm already learning that it can be easy to get caught up in. A post in the 100 Days thread said something to the effect that a beginner to this technique can't get down over ejaculating once in a while. It's been over a week since I've had a "real" ejaculation but did accidentally lose a small amount of essence at one point - I felt slightly depressed afterward, but I suspect it was a placebo effect more than anything else (after all, I'm young by most Taoists' standards).

Thanks. Right - I wouldn't want to do this regularly at all, basically as a last resort if I accidentally went past the point of no return. Hopefully, that won't even happen as I get more practiced. In any event, yeah I don't want to get the "bug" so much lol. :) I think the trick is to manage conserving jing without becoming attached to the act itself (i.e. paranoid about losing essence) as that would defeat the purpose!

yes exactly, if a person has a personal tendency to fixate, they are going to fixate on SOMEthing no matter which end of the spectrum they find themselves on. Conserving ones life force is better than not conserving it, but attachments and paranoia can get in the way regardless. I think mindful meditation is the best tool to observe ones psyche and see where are they getting hung up, and mindful living is the best way to form new habits.

For now though, with the practices that I have learned, I have felt better than I ever have in my life and am starting to feel motivated for my future again. It blows my mind that something so simple could have been at the root of my problems. Thank all of you so much!

yes definitely! Again, i am really glad for your success :) it does make a huge difference in ones life!

Edited by anamatva

Hey, dhiggs :) You've inspired me to put more of an effort into conserving. I'm a young dude as well and, while I wouldn't say I ever had a serious problem with too much masturbation, I have, after becoming aware of the benefits of conserving, been able to notice the negative effects it can have on me.

I've been experimenting with conservation for a while now, but without putting in enough effort as I could. I think this is an old behaviour pattern that largely stems from smoking a lot of pot during my teenage years and developing bad habits that consisted largely of sitting on the couch watching Ren & Stimpy, and in the latter part of this period, developing paranoia and anxiety issues.

The good news is that I've been doing a lot of work on my psychology over the last 2 or 3 years and pretty much feel like a new man. I'm learning to be kinder to myself, getting out of the house a lot more, and I'm starting a University course in a couple of weeks. I've been attempting conservation on and off for a while now, but have usually been caving at the 3-5 day mark, which is just about when the positive effects are starting to become noticeable, but I just wanted to let you know that your posts have given me the motivation to go for longer - The longest I've gone is about 15-16 days, which was pretty intense, but I'm going to try for longer this time B)

Peace.

Hey, dhiggs :) You've inspired me to put more of an effort into conserving. I'm a young dude as well and, while I wouldn't say I ever had a serious problem with too much masturbation, I have, after becoming aware of the benefits of conserving, been able to notice the negative effects it can have on me.

I've been experimenting with conservation for a while now, but without putting in enough effort as I could. I think this is an old behaviour pattern that largely stems from smoking a lot of pot during my teenage years and developing bad habits that consisted largely of sitting on the couch watching Ren & Stimpy, and in the latter part of this period, developing paranoia and anxiety issues.

The good news is that I've been doing a lot of work on my psychology over the last 2 or 3 years and pretty much feel like a new man. I'm learning to be kinder to myself, getting out of the house a lot more, and I'm starting a University course in a couple of weeks. I've been attempting conservation on and off for a while now, but have usually been caving at the 3-5 day mark, which is just about when the positive effects are starting to become noticeable, but I just wanted to let you know that your posts have given me the motivation to go for longer - The longest I've gone is about 15-16 days, which was pretty intense, but I'm going to try for longer this time B)

Peace.

Hey T.S! I certainly didn't intend my problems to inspire others, but I'm so glad for you that it has! I've only been doing this for several months - more heavily in this past month - but I've definitely seen benefit in that span of time. This practice has changed my own sense of sexuality from physical to spiritual, i.e. not mentally dependent on ejaculation. Since my sense of sexual self-worth isn't event-oriented anymore, I'm finding that this energy is just sort of exploding into non-sexual areas of my life. I feel like I'm less tired all the time, too.

However, even if you're not mentally dependent on releasing jing, your body will say otherwise. There are some good posts further up the page about methods which you can use to dissipate excess heat and avoid nocturnal emissions.

I'm definitely not a great source of experience in this - a beginner, at best, but nonetheless, that's awesome that you were inspired! It's just something I work on, and it keeps me focused and balanced in all areas of my life.

Mental observations made after two weeks of retention: high energy level, increased motivation, etc. My thinking seems to be clearer and I am a lot less horny and distracted than before. I've been using both physical exercise and breathing exercises to relieve tension and hopefully draw fluid up and prevent stagnation. One additional observation: I am able to hold a full bladder very well, yet it seems to take additional time to urinate. If I am doing testicular breathing and abdominal / perineum exercises, is prostate massage necessary as well? My main concern is preventing any possible health problems. Thanks

Mental observations made after two weeks of retention: high energy level, increased motivation, etc. My thinking seems to be clearer and I am a lot less horny and distracted than before. I've been using both physical exercise and breathing exercises to relieve tension and hopefully draw fluid up and prevent stagnation. One additional observation: I am able to hold a full bladder very well, yet it seems to take additional time to urinate. If I am doing testicular breathing and abdominal / perineum exercises, is prostate massage necessary as well? My main concern is preventing any possible health problems. Thanks

contracting the pelvic floor, the anus and pubococcygeal muscle (like in yogic mulabandha, or root lock) and releasing it, rhythmically for a few minutes a day is a great exercise for the prostate. That is how i have seen many people advise to maintain prostate health while retaining.

contracting the pelvic floor, the anus and pubococcygeal muscle (like in yogic mulabandha, or root lock) and releasing it, rhythmically for a few minutes a day is a great exercise for the prostate. That is how i have seen many people advise to maintain prostate health while retaining.

thanks. :) I now do this no more than twice a day, after waking up and before going to bed. No pain or discomfort or anything, which is a good sign. sexual urges seem to have subsided, but I'm feeling more energized elsewhere. I was able to complete a 5 mile training run on only four hours of sleep, something I definitely don't think I could have done if I was losing essence regularly!

Edited by dhiggs
  • Like 1