Owledge

Uniting heaven and earth in 2nd chakra?

Just as comparative examples, Kunlun Nei Gung level 1, and also Jenny Lamb's Yi Gong as far as I understand, - in simple words - draw the energies from heaven and earth (or above and below) and unite them in the heart in order to purify/upgrade them.

Is there a similar technique that draws those heavenly and earthen energies and unites them in the sacral chakra, the lower dan tien?

• Like 1

I wonder what she means by "heart".

I think MCO is doing that, but that's not with what I would consider to be Heaven chi. How would you begin to describe heavenly chi?

It seems like all energy can be united, and is already united, it just appears divided in the manner makes light appear divided into the colors of the rainbow.

The energy felt in all lower centers seems divided, heavenly chi comes from the crown and is seemingly aspects of all other manifestations before being divided into prisms.

Edited by Informer

Is there a similar technique that draws those heavenly and earthen energies and unites them in the sacral chakra, the lower dan tien?
Don't know about kunulun but there must be. Just the intention to connnect combined with sincerity should be enough. I've been taught that the sacral chakra is more for storing water energy and does not equate to the lower dan tien. Also depending on experience and development in the early stages of practice energy is passed through the chakras and energy stored in the lower dan tien at the end of a session.

OK, I'd have to know whether the sactral chakra is really not the same as the lower dan tien. Would surprise me, since there are also middle and upper dan tien, and surely those coincide with 4th and 6th chakra.

OK, I'd have to know whether the sactral chakra is really not the same as the lower dan tien. Would surprise me, since there are also middle and upper dan tien, and surely those coincide with 4th and 6th chakra.

As far as I understand dan tiens are cavities for storing energy and depending on the system and practice can incorporate one or more chakras in their field. So the middle dan tien could be the fourth chakra or it could just be the solar plexus or the solar plexus and the heart chakra combined. Similarly with the upper dan dien it could be the brow chakra, the crown chakra or both.

As far as I understand dan tiens are cavities for storing energy and depending on the system and practice can incorporate one or more chakras in their field. So the middle dan tien could be the fourth chakra or it could just be the solar plexus or the solar plexus and the heart chakra combined. Similarly with the upper dan dien it could be the brow chakra, the crown chakra or both.

Just to piggy back, as a beginner to Chi Kung i've found that just intending to esnd the energy (as Rex said above) is normally enough, and the more you practice the more you'll feel internally(my experience) after a while you'll be able to tell the difference, anyway. Especially if your practice has a quiet sitting practice, that allows you to feel the inside of the body energeticly and physically.

On the subject of the relationship between chakras and dan tiens here's some illuminating videos:

Kundalini: Hindu chakra system vs Taoist dan 'tien system - Pt.1 / Tao Semko

Kundalini: Hindu chakra system vs Taoist dan 'tien system - Pt.2 / Tao Semko

Actually the whole channel has generous videos on subjects and questions that frequently arise here:

The Whole Channel