Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Dealing with Bardo

Hi all, sorry if I'm posting another sad thread after the cancer one! :lol:

My GRANDmother is getting very old, 85 years old! After giving her a good book on Qi Gong called The Healer Within by Roger Jahnke, I am afraid she has lost her will to live even MORE (instead of less)! Why? Now she feels like she has been a robot her whole life. She even got mad at me for not becoming a WESTERN doc instead of studying Eastern med. When my mom got sick the other day, she did the same thing!

Anyways, my Grandma is almost 85 and said this Healer Within book is "mind expanding." Now she is loosing her mind, soon hereafter.

What can I do to help her? I have already admitted to myself that she will not reach physical immortality, but how can I make sure her soul is eternal?

I think I need to have her read something to make her more comfortable with the process of returning to the source. Please, does anyone know what this might be? Something simple so she can go in PEACE and not suffer???

My friend mentioned Tao of Pooh earlier, and I think this is perhaps, almost perfect! This book stresses effortlessness and non-interference which is what she needs to here. She also needs to here that my path does not contradict with her life or something, but is in harmony with it because that is the truth (although I wish she reached physical immortality.)

She does have money left, and can spend this. Should I tell her to meet with a Taoist healer? I think this might make things almost worse. On the other hand, I am sure the Taoist healer would have much experience with such situations and could advise as to how to proceed. This is really a weird situation. How do I strike a balance between helping her and letting go? I want to spend time with her but its really depressing for me, she is loosing her spirit.

Do I need that spirit to enter me peacefully and live on, or something like this? I am working on it. Any advice? So she can deal with the bardo as a nice Christian old lady who learned about the Tao way too late?

Sorry for rambling, I am going to give her Tao of Pooh tomorrow.

Thats good advice Rex. To tell a sick person, everything you know is wrong. Here is a new strange way that is the Truth, study it now or else. Thats going to cause resistance and resentment.

Real truths are found in all cultures and traditions. Sometimes they're a little hidden. But all traditions have there mystics who have developed practices to heal and clarify the soul.

Rex suggestion she find it in her own religion is an excellent one. If you study it, it might be a trip you can take together. Your knowledge of the tao being a big help. But its her decisions and her trip, but you can be there showing love and patience.'

Michael

Thanks for the tips dudes. I was talking with her today, and beleive it or not we had a conversation about death. At one point she said "i cannot tell you how people my age are just waiting to die" since the "prime" of their life is over, and they basically loose the will to live, lost hope, think they will die and this is the only way... we talked about cycles, rhythems, and fear vs. anticipation of death.

Also, I gave her Tao of Pooh and told her that she lived longer and had a fuller life than most of humanity who do not even make it to 85. She said she has had high and low times in life, and family is the most important thing.

Cheers!

Edited by GrandTrinity

Sign in to follow this