Sign in to follow this  
mile83

Question about the Tao (goal)

Hi,

is the goal of Taoism to be ONE with Tao? Will I be reincarnated if I'm one with Tao, is Taoism a constant cycle of birth and death, or is there an end to it? What really happens when I die?

I've tried to find answers to these questions on the net, but there's no One answer it seems, which leaves me a bit unsatisfied(I still have to get a copy of the Tao te ching), what do you believe? So many questions hope you can help a novice Taoist aspirant lol.

thank you

To be ONE with Tao simply means to be blended in with Tao. Another words, just make yourself part of Tao by following the principles of Tao. Taoism philosophy does not believe in reincarnation. The birth and death cycle stops at one's death. You will become harden and ash after you die. However, some new lives always begin elsewhere.

The cultivators of the Taoist religion believe that they will become immortals and raise to heaven upon their death.

Edited by ChiDragon

Hi,

is the goal of Taoism to be ONE with Tao? Will I be reincarnated if I'm one with Tao, is Taoism a constant cycle of birth and death, or is there an end to it? What really happens when I die?

I've tried to find answers to these questions on the net, but there's no One answer it seems, which leaves me a bit unsatisfied(I still have to get a copy of the Tao te ching), what do you believe? So many questions hope you can help a novice Taoist aspirant lol.

thank you

Hey Mile83,

There certainly isn't one answer, and likely because Taoism applies to so many areas of life. Though Taoism does address "after-life" existence, it is largely about "life" and understanding "life" from different angles, including scientific, psychological, and spiritual, and seeing the interconnectedness of all of these.

Similar I guess if you were to ask "what is the goal of Christianity?" Well, getting to heaven, yes, but there are also many goals during life as well, such as learning to be "more like Jesus" in many numerous ways.

Hope this helps somewhat.

The answers are within

No need to worry about afterlife

The high depends on the low, up down, slow, fast. yes

you currently exist

To know existence, you have known something where you were none existent.

:D

Edited by Elliot

To be ONE with Tao simply means to be blended in with Tao. Another words, just make yourself part of Tao by following the principles of Tao. Taoism philosophy does not believe in reincarnation. The birth and death cycle stops at one's death. You will become harden and ash after you die. However, some new lives always begin elsewhere.

The cultivators of the Taoist religion believe that they will become immortals and raise to heaven upon their death.

thank you all for your answers :), is Tao similar to Hindu Brahman? Am I the Tao? Is Tao Consciousness, so many more questions :P

thank you all for your answers :), is Tao similar to Hindu Brahman? Am I the Tao? Is Tao Consciousness, so many more questions :P

In my study and understanding as a rule of thumb. I do not mix Taoism with other philosophies or religions to avoid confusion. Tao is not similar to Hindu Brahman. You are not Tao but a human. Human follows Earth, Earth follows Heaven, Heaven follows Tao, and Tao follows the natural self. Tao is not Consciousness because Tao is not a being. One can only sense Tao by the manifestation of all things in nature. Tao cannot and will not tell you what to do. One can only observe nature and follow to course of Nature. Following the course of Nature is by not interfere, interrupt or harm Nature in any way. It was known as Wu Wei which means let Nature take its course.

Sign in to follow this