Sign in to follow this  
DentyDao

Immortals

Psychedellic mushrooms convert almost immediatly to Shen and because of this one percieves the world of the Shiens immediatly and directly. However, the experience does not last because 1. the mushrooms energy is so rarified and 2. there is usually no practice to support the experience. You get to look through the window but you can't open the door and go in because you have not done the work. The other way, with the Reshi combined with Practices, you eventually get to go in and stay.

That's an interesting theory. My problem with it is I think of psychedelics (like all "recreational" drugs) are very energy depleting. I always think they kick your body into overdive in order to get you to that spiritual place. So I'm not sure I'd say they provide a shen boost (if that's what you meant). They might open a window, but I think you pay a "looking fee" in shen, jing or some other form of energy.

I should add that the fee might be worth it. There are plenty of reasons why we might want to expend that energy for that look.

Many experiences open windows. The goal is to open doors and walk through them with transformational life experiences. If a person is always opening their windows in the winter... it's gonna be a cold one! When it's hot out, maybe it's ok to turn on the fan. Conventional wisdom allows for a life of practical conservation through a methodological approach. To much medicine is poison. Such things as tonics should be taken more seriously.

Yes, most tonic formulas could be used to the same end.

The practical way to go about this is to have a TCM physician determine what formula would be best for an individual based on an individual pattern discrimination. Then, based on what it is you want to acheive and where your body is at that time, you could be prescribed the best tonic formula for your journey. this would of course need to be modified over time. One can use acupuncture in the same way. Over the years I have had a number of patients wanting to enhance their spiritual progress with Chinese medicine.

Also, psychadellic mushrooms are very debilitating because they convert so quickly and effeciently to Shen. Any organic conversion requires that the Qi of the organs involved be metabalized and in this case there is surely a net loss. But, the investment may well be worth it.

Sign in to follow this