konchog uma

Which translation of the VijnanaBhairava do you recommend?

Yes but he obviously meant this in a good context!

More than likely, same as I've done and many others have done at various times in various contexts or situations before, yet (and this is one of my points) such is often not enough when dealing with powers that be.

• Like 1

More than likely, same as I've done and many others have done at various times in various contexts or situations before, yet (and this is one of my points) such is often not enough when dealing with powers that be.

Speaking of context, there is what could be called westernized forms of "Hinduism", which we in the west can come to know certain things about... on the other hand there are still some of the original lineages of Hinduism started thousands of years ago that have not been "westernized" and or also put into handy books of English text; thus those in the west or even many in the east can seldom come to know much about such lineages just through text, regardless of what language is used.

Anyway Anamatva I wasn't that fair with you in this string and I could have/should have been more diplomatic, further you seem to be a good person and mainly just asking questions... yet I can imagine (and perhaps you can to?) of some of the possible responses if you walked up to an ultra-orthodox, traditional Hindu Swami in a cleanly maintained Temple in India (or anywhere else) and happily blurted out something like, "your tradition is just like the mud I love to roll around in"...

Good fortune on your journey, Bob

Edited by 3bob

Speaking of context, there is what could be called westernized forms of "Hinduism", which we in the west can come to know certain things about... on the other hand there are still some of the original lineages of Hinduism started thousands of years ago that have not been "westernized" and or also put into handy books of English text; thus those in the west or even many in the east can seldom come to know much about such lineages just through text, regardless of what language is used.

Anyway Anamatva I wasn't that fair with you in this string and I could have/should have been more diplomatic, further you seem to be a good person and mainly just asking questions... yet I can imagine (and perhaps you can to?) of some of the possible responses if you walked up to an ultra-orthodox, traditional Hindu Swami in a cleanly maintained Temple in India (or anywhere else) and happily blurted out something like, "your tradition is just like the mud I love to roll around in"...

Good fortune on your journey, Bob

Well shaivites keep themselves immaculately clean as far as i know, its one of the niyamas i think. Anyway, i appreciate your consideration. I wouldn't have used the same words with a shaivite swami, so in that regard, i can understand you calling it into question.

Best to you too.

Edited by anamatva

Well shaivites keep themselves immaculately clean as far as i know, its one of the niyanas i think. Anyway, i appreciate your consideration. I wouldn't have used the same words with a shaivite swami, so in that regard, i can understand you calling it into question.

Best to you too.

Thanks, and thanks for your considerate reply :)B)