Edward M

Pan Gu Shen Gong

1 hour ago, Fa Xin said:

I agree - the most important thing is finding what you enjoy doing!  It won't last if practice becomes a chore.

That being said,

PGSG is a very simple practice: the  movements and visualizations are easy to learn, and it has almost no restrictions/rules... your main focus is to relax into the form.  The "energy" of the form does most of the work for you.

It would be one of the best forms to learn long distance.

Another thing worth mentioning is when you do actually learn from an in-person teacher, it is only ONE class.  After that ONE class, you've got the form down (that's how simple it is.)  

It's up to you to explore it, practice it and come to your own conclusions regarding it.

FX

I was wondering if this form can lead to any kind of deep spiritual realization. All I've seen so far are benefits on health and qi. Would be great to know how it links to jhana, samadhi, kundalini, etc.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, taoguy said:

I was wondering if this form can lead to any kind of deep spiritual realization. All I've seen so far are benefits on health and qi. Would be great to know how it links to jhana, samadhi, kundalini, etc.

I will try to answer this question as best as I can.

Jhana will not come from a particular practice, but it CAN come through all practices.

Qigong is good for erasing old patterns of ego, and it is great for quieting the mind.

If you've studied any kind of Advaita, Buddhism, etc ... you know that the illusion must be seen through, which qigong can surely help with.

I will not say that PGSG will bring an awakening, though.  That's a huge statement, and I really can't make it for anything or anyone, because YMMV.

I will say that PGSG seems to focus on developing one's character, developing one's health, clarity of mind, and overall well being.  the well being/health/peace of mind is almost guaranteed, so they try to keep things in perspective and honest. i can appreciate this. lofty claims of enlightenment would've scared me off before i started.

However with ANY practice, PGSG included, the trick (also the trick in "awakening") is to reside in the present, relax and let things flow.  Everything already is, and will be...without trying! :D

Hope this helps

FX

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

I will try to answer this question as best as I can.

Jhana will not come from a particular practice, but it CAN come through all practices.

Qigong is good for erasing old patterns of ego, and it is great for quieting the mind.

If you've studied any kind of Advaita, Buddhism, etc ... you know that the illusion must be seen through, which qigong can surely help with.

I will not say that PGSG will bring an awakening, though.  That's a huge statement, and I really can't make it for anything or anyone, because YMMV.

I will say that PGSG seems to focus on developing one's character, developing one's health, clarity of mind, and overall well being.  the well being/health/peace of mind is almost guaranteed, so they try to keep things in perspective and honest. i can appreciate this. lofty claims of enlightenment would've scared me off before i started.

However with ANY practice, PGSG included, the trick (also the trick in "awakening") is to reside in the present, relax and let things flow.  Everything already is, and will be...without trying! :D

Hope this helps

FX

Thank you for that.

I was wondering about Kundalini. Has it caused any rising of kundalini from your practice? I mean it entering the central channel and causing crazy feelings of opening of the root chakras and so on. :)

7 hours ago, taoguy said:

Thank you for that.

I was wondering about Kundalini. Has it caused any rising of kundalini from your practice? I mean it entering the central channel and causing crazy feelings of opening of the root chakras and so on. :)

No it hasn't done that for me personally. 

• Like 1

On 8.06.2017 at 5:31 AM, Fa Xin said:

Jhana will not come from a particular practice, but it CAN come through all practices

No true. Jhana will arise when the condition is right for it to arise and other then proper meditation (aka either one-pointed jhana or twim jhana) it will arise - other practices do not lead to jhanas or not all practices lead to jhanas. Jhanas appear only when mind is super focused or super relaxed not other way around. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SeekerOfHealing said:

Jhanas appear only when mind is super focused or super relaxed not other way around. 

So if a practice makes you super relaxed or super focused you can attain Jhanas. 

so why does that make my statement not true. 

People from all traditions (or no traditions or practices) attain realizations. No one has a copywrite on awakening, and it's not limited to anything. 

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 1

On 9.06.2017 at 5:53 PM, Fa Xin said:

So if a practice makes you super relaxed or super focused you can attain Jhanas. 

so why does that make my statement not true. 

People from all traditions (or no traditions or practices) attain realizations. No one has a copywrite on awakening, and it's not limited to anything. 

Realizations are limited to their own traditions. You are believing fairy teals and hearsays about this and that and beliving it by conclusions. You do not know those people if they are really realized or not. Only Buddhism can enlighten you or real neidan. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SeekerOfHealing said:

Realizations are limited to their own traditions. You are believing fairy teals and hearsays about this and that and beliving it by conclusions. You do not know those people if they are really realized or not. Only Buddhism can enlighten you or real neidan. 

Ehh. I'm having trouble following the conversation at this point. 

Thanks for the input though! :)