Sign in to follow this  
unmike

Institute of Metaphysics/Edwin J. Dingle

Does anyone know anything about the Institute of Mentalphysics or its founder, the unfortunately named Edwin J. Dingle? He studied in Tibet, India, and China for 20 years as one of the first westerners in the early 1900s, then founded the Institute when he returned to America. They supposedly teach "8 key breath" exercises designed for pranayama with certain positions, advocate a healthy diet, exercises, meditations, etc. Does anyone have any experience with this system? It's located in the Yucca Valley and apparently all the buildings involve sacred geometry and were designed by the founder, Frank Lloyd Wright, or his son. Very interested and wondering if it's worth making the trip to see.

I had not heard of him or his centre but looking through the booklist it all seems somewhat familiar.Early New Age stuff with an Oriental theme.

Frank Lloyd Wright studied with Gurdjieff so it does not surprise me that he was involved in the architectual design of the centre in Yucca Valley.

I suspect that the place would have a nice feel to it.

I think that he (Dingle) was a big influence on the people that developed "Pranic Healing." I looked at their recent book about breathing in B&N, they stated that some of the exercises came from Mentalphysics but were simplified so that it would take less time to perform them (in the original form, it took an hour to complete the set).

This is the book:

The Power of Prana: Breathe Your Way to Health and Vitality

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this