The difficulty here is with the Chinese language, because a word can often mean a slew of things, depending on the context.

For instance, in the context of the Yijing, 阴阳不测之谓神 - What is unpredictable in its yin and yang is shen.

In the context of Mencius, 聖而不可知之之謂神 - A person who is sagely and unpredictable is shen.

Chinese medicine, alchemy, and Daoism also have particular definitions for shen, depending on the context.

The most basic definition of shen, of course, is a god or spirit.

Therefore, my recommendation (if you're not keen on learning Chinese) is to figure out how terms relate to each other in the particular context you're interested in (rather than trying to extrapolate a general definition covering all fields).

• Like 1

The difficulty here is with the Chinese language, because a word can often mean a slew of things, depending on the context.

For instance, in the context of the Yijing, 阴阳不测之谓神 - What is unpredictable in its yin and yang is shen.

In the context of Mencius, 聖而不可知之之謂神 - A person who is sagely and unpredictable is shen.

Chinese medicine, alchemy, and Daoism also have particular definitions for shen, depending on the context.

The most basic definition of shen, of course, is a god or spirit.

Therefore, my recommendation (if you're not keen on learning Chinese) is to figure out how terms relate to each other in the particular context you're interested in (rather than trying to extrapolate a general definition covering all fields).

Exactly....!!! I think you know what you are talking about.....:)

Edited by ChiDragon

Ah, but why would you use your eyes to determine something that is not seen?

If it was something to be seen, then we would have proof of a soul.

Well, what is proof though - that's an issue.

I have not too long ago completed the trio or internal vision within first the LDT, then MDT, and (some 2 years after LDT) finally UDT.

In LDT the Jing was in the form of a round golden disk that glowed - sparks issued from Mingmen behind it and careered through what I feel was lower burner channel, at MDT was a big fat vibrant White flame, and then at UDT was a darker space that was about 4-5% filled at the base with a white flickering light that was fed from the flame below at MDT.

The white flickering stuff was Shen, I'm sure of it.

What I'm unsure of is the mechanics of how it works that I need very little Shen in UDT in order to activate many abilities.

I'm unsure how Yuan Shen operates in relation to this...

So, here you go - I have seen it - but have no "proof" - well, proof to me but not you, huh?

But imo Shen, Qi, Jing - are all the same substance in different states of transformation. And I'm trying to get deeper insight for comprehension, but I want to say its all soul (but that everything is, everything - just in variant states of being...